Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Yo, 12kw is some serious energy, Allen!

I just ordered a 38kw Generac but the outfit is so backed up with orders, we won't even get it until friggin' DECEMBER. That means one more hurricane season with the portable...grrrr.
Sponsored

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
MARK: I see you have "SOLAR"!!! What size system do you have? I have a 12K system!!!
Hey Allen, I also have a 12K system. My solar setup is a few years old now but here are the specs: I have the SolarEdge Solar Inverter/EV charger and 39 Silfab 310 watt panels. I also have 2 Tesla PowerWalls (28 kWh). They power the house during any outages and also the weekdays between 5-8 when our power company (PG&E) charges higher rates. I create quite a bit of excess power that is sold back to the power company. My yearly power bill averaged about $3500 and now the last two years since I have had solar, I only pay for the connection hookup to the power company which is $9.60 per month.

IMG_9076-1.JPG

IMG_9449-1.JPG

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Hey Allen, I also have a 12K system. My solar setup is a few years old now but here are the specs: I have the SolarEdge Solar Inverter/EV charger and 39 Silfab 310 watt panels. I also have 2 Tesla PowerWalls (28 kWh). They power the house during any outages and also the weekdays between 5-8 when our power company (PG&E) charges higher rates. I create quite a bit of excess power that is sold back to the power company. My yearly power bill averaged about $3500 and now the last two years since I have had solar, I only pay for the connection hookup to the power company which is $9.60 per month.

IMG_9076-1.JPG

IMG_9449-1.JPG
Iā€™m also on solar since last year. I have an 11.7Kw system (Tier 1 maxed) and my bill is $29/mo for connection and a street light I asked to be installed.

I have a Firman 9600w portable and Iā€™m thinking about adding an ATS to the back of the house so I donā€™t have to run cords through open windows. I would look at a whole house system but donā€™t want to install a gigantic propane tank and there is no gas to our street.

What did you pay for the Tesla banks if you donā€™t mind me asking?

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
<smiling> I'm sure you are correct, Mark, but I don't have SOLAR PANELS! <smiling...which are WAY kewel> And I DEFINITELY don't have a Mach E. <grinning again>

But I see someone, probably you I'm guessing, did some serious pipe sweating on that gorgeous setup on the wall...WHOA! VERY impressive. Most excellent thought to use unions on each side, too.

So, how do you typically use yours? and what it that split post CR Spotless?

I thought about a wall mount but realized that I would only be using it for a final/final rinse and would need to connect it up at that time so the cart made more sense. Got my last two Mosmatic fittings from OG today so I'm ready to go.

We had ten inches of rain a week ago and the dang skeeters are nearly intolerable. I mowed the back yard today, COVERED in "Off" and while I didn't get bit, they were swarming around my head the whole time. I need one of those beekeeper hoods like we used to use getting honey when i was a kid.

Anyway, not particularly good vehicle washing condition...weather's fine, just gotta wait out the insects or the City with their sprayer trucks.
One of my biggest issues is giving a power company huge sums of money. I spent $18K on my solar system (after all the rebates) and $16K on the Tesla PowerWalls including installation. It will take just over 8 years for me to break even and it has already been 2 years. The big plus is, I run the piss out of my AC during the summer now, have an electric car and hot tub which I never had before I got the solar. I am sure my power would have been much higher and I probably will break even sooner.

I use my Spotless anytime I wash the cars. The input comes in on the left side and the output on the right splits and can go to either the pressure washer or hose. It can go to both at the same time but I just like having valves to shut things down for servicing.

Mosquitoes are my worst insect. They love me and I have terrible reactions when I get bit so I doubt I could ever live in an area where you do.

IMG_4737.jpeg

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m also on solar since last year. I have an 11.7Kw system (Tier 1 maxed) and my bill is $29/mo for connection and a street light I asked to be installed.

I have a Firman 9600w portable and Iā€™m thinking about adding an ATS to the back of the house so I donā€™t have to run cords through open windows. I would look at a whole house system but donā€™t want to install a gigantic propane tank and there is no gas to our street.

What did you pay for the Tesla banks if you donā€™t mind me asking?
Brian, the Tesla PowerWalls were $6500 each and the install was $3000. They added a completely new sub panel for the back up and an auto switching gateway. Took two guys all day from 7:30 am until 5:30 pm. They did an excellent job. I can easily add more PowerWalls if I want to but as of now, it has not been necessary.

IMG_01901900.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Mark: Damn sorry about the allergic reaction to a skeeter bite...that would definitely make me want to live in a very dry area like yours.

Roger on using the DIW-20 for washing and rinsing.

And now I understand the splitter pipe.

Yep, we may the man a fair amount of dough for his electrons but not as much as one might think. Still the fact that you will be making money after only eight years is pretty darn cool.

BTW, I presume that is a top of the line Karcher unit.

I'd love to see your place and vehicles one day, Mark.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yo, 12kw is some serious energy, Allen!

I just ordered a 38kw Generac but the outfit is so backed up with orders, we won't even get it until friggin' DECEMBER. That means one more hurricane season with the portable...grrrr.
38KW is a monster. You couldn't get by with a 20KW? My 20KW runs everything in my house and on my property.

@marklboris, do you have any concern over such a large amount of energy stored in one spot? I know lithium batteries, if damaged, can explode. They are working on safer lithium batteries, but as far as I know, that technology isn't available in the market yet.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
"Get by, Tom?" Yes, that's possible but I wanted "overhead" for the big draw items and the difference in price wasn't that much. I also didn't want to deal with shedding loads or worrying about the genny going offline due to a surge if all three air con chicken units, pool pump, pool cleaner, irrigation pump, 3.5kw espresso machine heater, air compressor, etc., etc., came on at the same time. And ditto for the generator itself if it had to run continuously for a week or more. Water cooled and NG powered. Perfect.

For me the BIGGEST bonus though is not jhaving to deal with GASOLINE and a portable genny plugged into a 240 receptacle in a back building. It'll be my luck that this is the worst hurricane season for South Texas in a century BEFORE the new one is installed.

BTW, thanks again for the tip on the Master Blaster. Couldn't live without it, now. :-)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
3.5kw espresso machine
That sir, is funny

God forbid, lol

Oh, and unless they changed the name, it is an Air Force master blaster, lol

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
<chuckling> That is true, Tom but me thinks they were referring to the "force" of the "air" not the service. Pretty sure Uncle Sam wouldn't allow that trademark breach. ;-)

Yep, the espresso machine is 3500w and BION, it's still 120v. The next step up would be 240. I pulled a home run for that but haven't upgraded to a bigger machine because this one just keeps on ticking and it makes THE best espresso in town, IMHO. <knocking on nearby wood>

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
<chuckling> That is true, Tom but me thinks they were referring to the "force" of the "air" not the service. Pretty sure Uncle Sam wouldn't allow that trademark breach. ;-)

Yep, the espresso machine is 3500w and BION, it's still 120v. The next step up would be 240. I pulled a home run for that but haven't upgraded to a bigger machine because this one just keeps on ticking and it makes THE best espresso in town, IMHO. <knocking on nearby wood>
Saying goes, if you have it, flaunt it!!! or is it the bigger the better???:sunglasses:

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Jim: <smiling> I've tried many machines prior to purchasing this one and none of them could pull a shot of espresso anywhere near as good. You need a sizable boiler and that's where the heat originates. It's an addiction, no doubt about it. :-)

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Jim: <smiling> I've tried many machines prior to purchasing this one and none of them could pull a shot of espresso anywhere near as good. You need a sizable boiler and that's where the heat originates. It's an addiction, no doubt about it. :-)
Have never had an expresso, so I am sure you have the best.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
What's the consensus on this? It works as advertised?

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
What's the consensus on this? It works as advertised?
I didn't see a link to buy these? Unless I skimmed too fast. lol
Sponsored