Sponsored

Spinning Tires

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
You just answered your own question. Generally a factory built mass produced vehicle is built with features that cant be turned off unless physically disconnected to become inoperable in the vehicle. Things like traction control are programmed in the ecu and do exactly as your describing.
You have absolutely zero idea what you are talking about. You can very easily break traction on launch on quite a bit stickier tires than Michelins.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
....i highly doubt any tuner is going to make themselves liable by removing factory safety features through programming or even telling you to remove or disconnect that stuff unless the car is specifically being used for racing and not being driven on public roads. Thats a lawsuit waiting to happen......
I do believe tunes reduce/remove power-robbing code that try to stop people from crashing their car. Stuff like torque management and such....

Someone will chime in if I'm incorrect.

OP
OP
Cobrakit

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I'm not really looking for wheel spin, but thought that this car could at least chirp the tires. The owners manual not that clear on driving modes or traction control or abs.

My Cobra replica with no electronics will break the tires loose in 1st and 2nd by just blimping the throttle, so i'm used to it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm not really looking for wheel spin, but thought that this car could at least chirp the tires. The owners manual not that clear on driving modes or traction control or abs.

My Cobra replica with no electronics will break the tires loose in 1st and 2nd by just blimping the throttle, so i'm used to it.
These cars aren't specifically designed for that. Nor is the 10SPD trans. It's meant to smoothly accelerate without drama.

You should have gotten a manual.

pthomas11b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
I do believe tunes reduce/remove power-robbing code that try to stop people from crashing their car. Stuff like torque management and such....

Someone will chime in if I'm incorrect.
Oh I'm sure they can calm that stuff down with different tunes. I was more referring to removing traction or say stability control from the calibration entirely. But then again who knows I don't have any experience with a aftermarket tuner or the capabilities of their software to change that stuff.

You have absolutely zero idea what you are talking about. You can very easily break traction on launch on quite a bit stickier tires than Michelins.
I didn't mention anything about breaking traction during launch on any given tires...... :idea:

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
With how expensive the Pilot Sports are to replace, are you sure you want to sit and spin them? Go on Youtube if you want to watch burnouts and idiots.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Being mid July helps traction on decent tires. Try E85 tune and repeat. ;).

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Oh I'm sure they can calm that stuff down with different tunes. I was more referring to removing traction or say stability control from the calibration entirely. But then again who knows I don't have any experience with a aftermarket tuner or the capabilities of their software to change that stuff....
Isn't AdvanceTrac it's own, separate thing, from ECM/engine tuning? I think so. It can be shut off with a press of a button.

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Pull the plug near the airbox. That will disable ALL the “help”. If it won’t spin the tyres after doing that, your car is broken.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Pull the plug near the airbox. That will disable ALL the “help”. If it won’t spin the tyres after doing that, your car is broken.
Being a tuned non drag mode car I run unplugged all the time. lol.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
If your looking for chirping out of the Michelins you probably wont find much. I have a manual and spin them all the time. Very rarely do you get any noise out of them.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Disables everything except ABS.
We ever gonna get to the "what plug" part?

I think I've heard about this. Doesn't it throw codes when pulled?
Sponsored