Sponsored

Spinning Tires

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
The knowledge or lack of is absolutely staggering in this entire thread. I've got numerous certified techs from quite a few manufactures laughing but still.

To the uhh original question it's hilarious to complain about not having wheel spin or whatever the heck you want to achieve and still state. Line lock and everything works as advertised therefore burning the tires, i.e. cash money, up in smoke, or chirping them or whatever from a stop is litterally stupid in every instance.
You see, that's and opinion of yours.
  • These cars are built and allow for everyone to enjoy them however they please But you are stating the way he wants to enjoy his is stupid? even with the measely 430 to 460 up rating albeit in the upper rpm range given 2 facts.... Small diaplacement v8, and dual overhead cams. Japanese and German automakers have been doing it for wayyyyyyy longer than ford, it's nothing new. Yes the coyote is a fantastic platform and well built to start given moderation to certain expectations. I just find it hilarious anyone with real knowledge and understanding of the 'reality" shit will break with power adders. Ford designs a high compression, low displacement, high revving v8 for all intents and purposes. End user realizes parts are " capable" or xxxx number of hp and expect it to live forever or create a certain experience. Get real and understand even a simple person can understand doubling or tripling a given output of what is rated from any said product is on borrowed time no matter the warranty or parts strengrh and Even tuning ability by whomever. It's flat out more stress on crucial parts that were made on presumptions of a projected Target.
I believe the post took a tangent here

So spin the tires. Waste your money and buy more. Otherwise take the kit car out and enjoy it who cares. Guys and gals just need to get over themselves and not feel like they have something to prove every chance when they come to a stop or on the highway next to whatever pulls up. It's just idiotic.
I never seen him mention a highway or public road. He may have paved a couple acres just to do this on his own property?

And btw yea thats a rant because I love and enjoy my mustang GT and yet I still am in law enforcement. Regardless you don't have to act like an idiot or endanger others and or yourself to have fun with these cars.
I bet your a nice cop to deal with
Woaaahhh Nancy.
Sponsored

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
Somebody wake up on the wrong side of the bed! My whole point was not to do burnouts, its that the car does not leave hard off the line. Ford went way too soft and maybe it was for reasons you stated. And yes, i personally expect a little wheel spin off the line from a dead stop and just flooring car. OBTW I don't do burn outs and drive for myself and no one else. I live in an area with nice country roads where i can enjoy driving or when i really want to relax, i go do some HPDE. So it looks like it might be a cool enough day today to take the Cobra out and enjoy my car and the roads :like:
Yes, I think somebody did wake up on the wrong side of the bed...

Anyone who has a sports car, let alone a V8 muscle car, and says they don't do spirited driving, which includes fast acceleration, fast cornering, and spinning wheels, is not being honest IMHO. This is why we get a performance car to begin with. I absolutely agree that we must be responsible and not endanger others. But this is not what this thread is all about, and not everyone is knowledgeable in everything, it takes real life experience and hours behind the steering wheel to learn.

Enjoy the ride in your cobra! And chirp those tires ...

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth I drove a manual 2019 Camaro LE1 and it didn't break the tires lose very easily. It's the new performance tires coming on these cars.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Get an e85r tune and try not to spin tire all day long.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
How the heck do i get this thing to spin the tires? I have a 2019 GT PP1 A10. Currently running 295/30-20 Michelin PS4S on rear. I tried various driving modes and ensure traction control off. Could only get tires to break loose in straight line in drag race mode. Car seems to come off the line civialized, then its hold tight as it hits 100 very fast. Line lock works fine by the way. Dazed and confused :headbang:
Add a supercharger.

Sponsored

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
For what it's worth I drove a manual 2019 Camaro LE1 and it didn't break the tires lose very easily. It's the new performance tires coming on these cars.
Interesting!. I did not expect this!
How do you compare it to the GT! I never drove one.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting!. I did not expect this!
How do you compare it to the GT! I never drove one.
First right out the gate I drive a used blown 2015 Richard Petty Mustang with 627hp. That had low end torque and old tires to boot. Spun and spun. Couldn't avoid spinning. It was either spin or drive like a granny. Then I drove an older 50th anniversary manual Camaro and it wasn't all that great. Kind of sterile, boring, and quiet but super easy to drive. Would make for a great daily driver. Then I drove a stick SS LE1. the exact one below. Completely different animal. More raw, loud, and more like a muscle car. I loved the look. The stick was a lot better but tighter than the other Camaro. The performance exhaust with modes was fantastic but lacked an upper RPM growl like the mustang. Sounded better down low though with a lot of crackles and pops. I red lined from a dig and on the highway to compare with the 2018 mustang I ended up buying. To be honest the difference in torque wasn't all that apparent. This car had really sticky tires. When I slammed it from a light it broke traction, slide to the left a little, regained traction, and took off. I can get the exact thing in drag mode on my GT and it's an auto. I recommend a blower if you want real power down low. There's nothing like it. It's a blast. Even with how sucky the 2015 Richard Petty was setup the power was so much fun. I took it to high school parking lot on my test drive and did burnouts for a half an hour. and would have bought at $15k below what it was worth if the dealership wasn't so shaddy

19714968742x640.jpg

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Anyone who has a sports car, let alone a V8 muscle car, and says they don't do spirited driving, which includes fast acceleration, fast cornering, and spinning wheels, is not being honest IMHO.
Spirited driving, showing intensity and venue ↓↓↓ . For fast acceleration and fast cornering, anyway. Street driving doesn't even get close.
15-2-4 T'bolt T12.jpg

For me, the "reward" for spinning the rear wheels isn't worth the effort or the gas required to make it happen. I'm being completely honest here.

This is why we get a performance car to begin with.
So do you buy a performance car for its performance potential or for its ability to show it off? There's a difference.

Norm

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 800hp 2019 GT (supercharged) and in 3rd at about 4k rpm then going WOT it doesnt break but you can feel it wanting to. Have not tried WOT from a stop though as I am pretty sure it will let loose from other posts with the nanny's off.
Sponsored