Spare 2020 GT500 Remote

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just received mine. Very good condition. Not 100% new condition, but for a used key, it's pretty good!

Its a shame I don't have a car to program it to.

If it will program, I will be perfectly happy.

20200902_132354.jpg

20200902_132401.jpg
Sponsored

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Looking forward to see if it works, Tom.

I know most of you are looking for an extra fob to put in service while storing the originals, makes good sense.

But for those who are looking to protect what you are currently using, shrink wrap is an option that works for me.

5.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Sorry, Tom, I thought that I probably still had the confirmation message but it's gone. Shouldn't be too difficult to find them I wouldn't think.

Just looked at a couple search hits and while these aren't identical with the cutout, probably for the actual key, but otherwise, they appear to be the same.

Here's the link.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I just received my spare Key Fob, It took two attempts to get it programmed but it works fine now.

I tried having the buttons pointed forward, but I got a programming failure, I then pointed them to the back of the car and the programming was a success. Having said that, you only have 30 seconds to complete the programming and that may have been the reason for the first failure. I do know that back and under 30 second does work.

Programming a Spare Intelligent Access Key.pdf

Attachments

Last edited:

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I just received my spare Key Fob, It took two attempts to get it programmed but it works fine now.

I tried having the buttons pointed forward, but I got a programming failure, I then pointed them to the back of the car and the programming was a success. Having said that, you only have 30 seconds to complete the programming and that may have been the reason for the first failure. I do know that back and under 30 second does work.

Programming a Spare Intelligent Access Key.pdf
Hey earl who's did you go with the one I post or the one Tomtom posted? I havent gotten mine yet so I was just wondering

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Hey earl who's did you go with the one I post or the one Tomtom posted? I havent gotten mine yet so I was just wondering
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264783070792

The emergency key was the wrong one, the notch was on the wrong side of the key. I am waiting to hear back from the seller.

Here is what it is suppose to look like.

2020 Mustang Key Fob eBay Listing - 2.jpg

This is what the new one looks like.

2020 Mustang Key Fob - 2.jpg

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Success!

The programming is very straight forward. The critical steps are exact timing.

1. With a powered off car, pull the rubber mat in the cup holders.
2. Insert a master key into the programming slot
3. Press ignition button as you look at your watch's second hand.
4. At the 5 second point, press ignition button again. (5 real seconds, not one potato, two potato, and certainly not flight attendant time..... 5 no shit real seconds)
5. Quickly swap master keys and press the ignition button (same as above, you have up to 10 seconds to do this)
6. At the 5 second point, press ignition button again. (same as above)
7. Quickly swap the last master key with the key to be programmed.
8. This is the part that screws everyone up. Press the ignition button again and wait. The car will appear to not do anything. It sits there unresponsive for a few seconds and most people keep hitting the ignition button which stops the programming. So be patient.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
This was the second key that I have tried to program, The car was not able to detect the first key, so I had to send it back to the seller, the first key was from a different seller.
The second key works great and I would recommend this seller.

Like Tom mentioned, timing is critical and a watch would make it a lot easier to get it right the first time. For those of you who don't know what a watch is, you can use your cell phone.