KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Did you try asking them these questions...?
They sent me the quote about 5 minutes before they closed for the day. Iā€™m going to call tomorrow, but looking for insight before i call.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
As for your question of do you need the oil pump gears. There are plenty of people running these and other superchargers without them and have no problems and then there are those that swear by having them. Can't comment on the prices.

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
As for your question of do you need the oil pump gears. There are plenty of people running these and other superchargers without them and have no problems and then there are those that swear by having them. Can't comment on the prices.
Well, I know for sure that I want the oil punp
gears, but itā€™s a ā€œkitā€ and comes with add ons that marks the price up by another 300$ that I thought.

Sponsored

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
Shipping anything from the US to Canada is expensive which you're neglecting that cost as well. Supercharger systems aren't exactly small or light.......

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Shipping anything from the US to Canada is expensive which you're neglecting that cost as well. Supercharger systems aren't exactly small or light.......
Fair enough, but nowhere on the quote does it state shipping. It comes across that theyā€™re charging me more for no reason.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Perhaps a mark up on parts covers their administrative costs of of finding, ordering, paying for them? It's not all that unusual for shops here to mark parts up 10% or so to offset costs and provide a bit of profit.
Perhaps get quotes from other shops as well?
Perhaps it's because they are so busy, or have such a good reputation, that the can charge what they want?
Perhaps ask if you can buy the parts and all they provide is the labor?
Perhaps your expectation was unrealistic?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Lol.

Been there.

Buy from Beefecake or Lethal and put it on yourself. Thereā€™s only a few shops around that would entertain doing that. (Ontario). Iā€™m close by you. Thereā€™s really only 1 shop that I would trust. Pm me and Iā€™ll tell you. Thereā€™s a few I would NEVER deal with. How does 5k sound for headers lol?

Too bad the border is closed. I went to the US and picked mine up and brought it back. Paid the duty (which is really just the 13% tax - parts are duty free). Did the install myself. Got hosed on the exchange but canā€™t get around that.

Are you right in Toronto or outside of it?

Iā€™m interested who gave the quote. The 5 minutes before we close with a huge price doesnā€™t really sound like they want to do it... 2K install for the blower? Ouch!

But, even doing it yourself does cost money! Your in for 14-15k for parts anyways. Lots of
Little things add up.

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Perhaps a mark up on parts covers their administrative costs of of finding, ordering, paying for them? It's not all that unusual for shops here to mark parts up 10% or so to offset costs and provide a bit of profit.
Perhaps get quotes from other shops as well?
Perhaps it's because they are so busy, or have such a good reputation, that the can charge what they want?
Perhaps ask if you can buy the parts and all they provide is the labor?
Perhaps your expectation was unrealistic?
Lol.

Been there.

Buy from Beefecake or Lethal and put it on yourself. Thereā€™s only a few shops around that would entertain doing that. (Ontario). Iā€™m close by you. Thereā€™s really only 1 shop that I would trust. Pm me and Iā€™ll tell you. Thereā€™s a few I would NEVER deal with. How does 5k sound for headers lol?

Too bad the border is closed. I went to the US and picked mine up and brought it back. Paid the duty (which is really just the 13% tax - parts are duty free). Did the install myself. Got hosed on the exchange but canā€™t get around that.

Are you right in Toronto or outside of it?

Iā€™m interested who gave the quote. The 5 minutes before we close with a huge price doesnā€™t really sound like they want to do it... 2K install for the blower? Ouch!

But, even doing it yourself does cost money! Your in for 14-15k for parts anyways. Lots of
Little things add up.
Pmā€™d

Sponsored

Zeb8806

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeb
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium PP
Install seems high but not outrageous, typical shop rate is around 90 USD. OPG and blower install I would guess around 16hrs is what they would quote. As someone who did the install of both in my garage I wouldnā€™t be afraid of doing the install your self. The caveat being that I wouldnā€™t recommend it if itā€™s your only vehicle, the time pressure of getting it back functional will increase your likely hood of making a mistake.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I got quoted $11900 USD to get a Roush phase 2 Supercharger

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of shops won't install a part if you buy it separately and bring it to them, they're relying on a parts markup in their bottom line. That markup isn't only padding for their rates (it is that) but also is a little bit of insurance that if part isn't quite right that the shop will take care of it versus the hassle of you having to do that.

Installing the OPGs is a big job.

Sucks that its going to cost so much to have a shop do it, which is why I try to do any significant wrenching myself, unless the job is just too annoying or technical. I paid a guy to install a fuel pump one time and watched him douse himself with gasoline from head to toe in the process. Definitely glad I paid someone else to do that one.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
lol brutal - I ended up buying. I removed the OPG cost. Came to 15.7. Iā€™ll install the OPGā€™s at a later time. Gotta wait 18 weeks for this bad boy.
Congrats, its going to be killer.
Sponsored