Sponsored

Soler Engineering TB Issues.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I was one of the participants in the beta test and am still running it. Not one issue or problem from idle to redline or anywhere between. It’s been over a year and a half of daily use. No reason to feel it will not continue to be trouble free.
Sponsored

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350, 2019 Mustang GT
My previous Vette was a 2013 C6, M6. Manual shifting was great fun, and I do miss it, but I also missed the simplicity of an automatic in traffic. So, A8 with the triple flush and a Range. So far, so good.

I had read just about every post about throttle bodies and throttle controllers and decided to give Soler Engineering a try. FYI, I messaged Mike and inquired about a CF discount, and received one, so give it a try. I purchased the LT1 TB and added the TC for an extra $75.

First up was the TB installation:

I won't post pics of the TB installation, because it is so easy to follow the well documented instructions that anyone can do it. Plenty of pics to help you understand but it's 4 bolts, a sensor, and 2 screw clamps. It took all of 10 minutes. concrete staining washington dc

I didn't want to disconnect the battery, and didn't want to go to a dealership, so I opted for option B, the Abbreviated relearn procedure. It's very well documented, and quite simple.

First thing that I noticed upon start up was an initial rough idle that only lasted a few seconds. Then it smoothed right out. RPMs for the A8 stayed right at 650, M7 should be slightly lower at 600.

Followed the rest of the procedure, then took it out for a test drive. Off idle low speed response was much improved, I was pretty happy. No stumble exhibited.

On to the TC installation:

Again well documented and pretty simple. At first I mounted the display too low, and couldn't see it while driving. I rerouted the cable and attached the display just to the right of the HUD buttons.
2016x1512_fbfecf65b7f3034924ff19b3ad25ec58dc94c03a.jpg

2016x1512_c85af0ec345ae57db3ae12fb44fc9ffcae40fda5.jpg

Mounted too low. Couldn't see display while driving.
2016x1512_31ac0ec1cc476c292728f022e9d8205a8d6eebe3.jpg

Remounted display. I fished the cable thru a small opening left of the steering column.
2016x1512_efe237cabb7df247371adc9cf68c1e7cc64cc645.jpg

Completed installation.

The TC really compliments the performance of the TB. The off idle response now is incredible, much, much smoother. Acceleration now seems quicker, lots more fun.

Hope the pics help, I didn't find many on the Forum when I went to install mine.
Umm. This is the ford Mustang GT350 thread. Not sure why your posting this here.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Umm. This is the ford Mustang GT350 thread. Not sure why your posting this here.
Because there is a spam link … :frown:

WD :like:

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have around 1.5k street miles on my Soler (new). No issues to report at all. That is one reason I went with a new one, my stock TB is on the shelf in the garage just in case.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Carry mine in my spares box when I go to the track. Perfect insurance against failure. 😎

Sponsored

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah, I tried to save a few bucks and had my factory one modified the first time. Wish I’d a kept it. Oohhh weellll.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Mike couldn’t find an issue with my TB, which would make sense since it was such an intermittent problem.

Which makes me beg the question…is there something other than the TB that would induce that error code and the actually rough/stumble idle symptom?? There’s literaly nothing else goofy going on with the car. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Mike couldn’t find an issue with my TB, which would make sense since it was such an intermittent problem.

Which makes me beg the question…is there something other than the TB that would induce that error code and the actually rough/stumble idle symptom?? There’s literaly nothing else goofy going on with the car. Just thinking out loud.
Overtightening the clamps for the CAI collar onto the tb could possibly cause it to deform and make the blade stick open or shut.

When I tighten the clamps on my CAI kit and tb, I use either a nut driver or 1/4” drive ratchet with a short extension and the three finger method (index, pointer and thumb) to grip the head of the tool and tighten. This helps ensure ai don’t overtighten things.

Last edited:

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I had an issue with my own soler TB where after 2 replacements, the TB was still getting stuck and leaving me stranded on the road. If you want to see my posts about it, you can search my history. I eventually was traveling with tools and my old TB, which is how I was able to make it back home after a track event in TX left me stranded.

I will say this though, Mike was very upfront and easy to work with. He was very responsive and at the end, was understanding of my decision to go back stock. I think many people on this forum have had great experiences with them; unfortunately I wasn't one of them.
Sponsored