Sponsored

Smoking car? read here! (Blue smoke thread Cliff Notes)

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
The updated box isn't going to get you too far. A UPR catch can and PCV gut is recommended fix.

[ame]

Noobtastic14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB ruby red
UPDATE-

I took the stang in for the thermal recall initial inspection as well as an initial look at the TSB for smoking. They were pretty reluctant to do the TSB look and order parts, so it was a HUGE benefit to have the service bulletin printed out and on hand. THANK YOU.

-Drew
HERE is the link to my full experience with final update.

-Drew

Sponsored

rizwan10aslam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Black
Would installing a check valve on a mishimoto catch can without gutting pcv solve the issue?

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Would installing a check valve on a mishimoto catch can without gutting pcv solve the issue?
The issue is the PCV because the box doesn't allow enough flow. You need to allow it to free flow and then the check valve is to prevent the catch can from being pressurized.

70sstrat08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
The updated box isn't going to get you too far. A UPR catch can and PCV gut is recommended fix.

Maybe I'm not visualizing this correctly, but if the PCV valve itself is inherently not free flowing enough they should be able to use a larger valve. If it's the opening on the box they can redesign or enlarge that. I'm not seeing how the TSB would not completely solve the issue.

Have any 16 owners had this issue?

Sponsored

BasiXCustoM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Fastback
My car has had the smoking issue for a while now but has now been amplified by the installation of a cat-back exhaust. I'm on stock DP and no tune. Long story short, is this a run to the dealer and do something about it type issue or a get to it when I get to it type issue?

It's a daily driver I intend to keep for a number of years.

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
My car has had the smoking issue for a while now but has now been amplified by the installation of a cat-back exhaust. I'm on stock DP and no tune. Long story short, is this a run to the dealer and do something about it type issue or a get to it when I get to it type issue?

It's a daily driver I intend to keep for a number of years.
You can either install a catch can or do the updated TSB and the dealer will install the updated PCV

Yellowboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang ecoboost
I have a catch can and I started blue smoking really bad after a 20 second idle yesterday.

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
Hello, all! I'm late to the party having only just picked up a 2015 ecoboost. I'm getting the smoke at idle. Damn near choked out the drive thru girl! Is there a ford approved solution to this? I.e. A TSB or recall? There's lots of pages to scour and the OP is fairly old.

Thanks!

Edit: I found the TSB. Thanks!

Last edited:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Hello, all! I'm late to the party having only just picked up a 2015 ecoboost. I'm getting the smoke at idle. Damn near choked out the drive thru girl! Is there a ford approved solution to this? I.e. A TSB or recall? There's lots of pages to scour and the OP is fairly old.

Thanks!

Edit: I found the TSB. Thanks!
Jerry, do yourself a favor and take the TSB with you printed out for them. My dealer, and I'm sure others like them, claimed they had no idea what I was talking about and saw nothing about a TSB covering smoking and an oil separator. It may just save some time and frustration.

If after having the work done, you still have an issue, others have eliminated smoking issues with the UPR DVCC and gutting the PCV. You'll find plenty of info on it here on the forum and a video on how to do it.

*Edit, lol, the video is on this page up above.
Sponsored