Slight vibration at 75 mph

Andy D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Ruby Red
Getting a slight vibration at 75 mph. Any thoughts on whether it's the wheels out of balance, out of alignment, or wider wheels on the front (19'x9.5") with 265/40 19's? Car is a 2018 GT with PP1 and magnetic suspension.
Thanks,
Sponsored

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
Do you have wheel spacers? I had some with my old wheel set up and had a scary wobble above 100...I mean above 65 :)

OP
OP

Andy D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Ruby Red
Yes, I have 5mm spacers in the front so I can run the factory 19" x 9.5" PP1 wheel on the front. Do you think this is the problem?

BBR-NICK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt,2000 f350
Yes, I have 5mm spacers in the front so I can run the factory 19" x 9.5" PP1 wheel on the front. Do you think this is the problem?
are they hub-centric spacers?

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
Mine would vibrate around that speed too. Turns out my center carrier bearing was worn out.

Sponsored

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
I had hub-centric spacers and the problem is they typically are not balanced perfectly, and can be even worse depending on the correlation with the wheels. If you are really wanting to keep using them, you can try and find a shop that will balance the wheels and spacers together...but you have to be careful to have them marked and put on the same way they were balanced.

I was running the stock PP wheels with 25mm spacers in the front and 20mm in the rear. It looked clean and flush but was really annoying when trying to play around on the highway and I ended up working a deal where it was cheaper to sell them, buy a wheel/tire combo, and ditch the spacers all together.

As soon as I got rid of the spacers and threw on the new wheels/tires it felt like my car was riding on rails.

WannaBsvt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘16 PP GT
I had hub-centric spacers and the problem is they typically are not balanced perfectly, and can be even worse depending on the correlation with the wheels. If you are really wanting to keep using them, you can try and find a shop that will balance the wheels and spacers together...but you have to be careful to have them marked and put on the same way they were balanced.

I was running the stock PP wheels with 25mm spacers in the front and 20mm in the rear. It looked clean and flush but was really annoying when trying to play around on the highway and I ended up working a deal where it was cheaper to sell them, buy a wheel/tire combo, and ditch the spacers all together.

As soon as I got rid of the spacers and threw on the new wheels/tires it felt like my car was riding on rails.

Hey, what do you mean it was harder to play on the highway? Did the car sway or squat too much?

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I too experienced some very slight vibration at 157mph when the speed limiter kicked in. It shouldn't kick in like that, it could be dangerous. :wink:

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
Hey, what do you mean it was harder to play on the highway? Did the car sway or squat too much?
So when I had the spacers on, I was getting some pretty aggressive sway left to right in the rear. Felt like it was so imbalanced that it would just kick out to one side at any moment. Once I took them off and put the new wheels and tires on, and got on it, it felt like my car was riding on rails.
Sponsored