Sponsored

SiriusXM trial - how long?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
the wiring is no harder than that mirror tap you did for your radar detector.
It's not that. With the MirrorTap, there was zero modification to the vehicle's wiring. There's no way you can connect a sub with those tiny wires, brother :D. The only way would be to find the appropriate mating connector and splice that to the sub itself, so the car's wiring is not touched.

But I want to first try that poly fill stuff, and see if it works. Wonder why Ford didn't use it, if it's that effective. Hmmm. But it's cheap enough that it's worth trying IMO, especially if it can be done without removing the sub box.

And smart move with the 'virtual' card, which haven't heard of until now. Ha ha. So $10 for fees, and they agreed? My brother got jacked with quite a bit more than that. That's why I'd never give them my c/c either. If I ever need to do something like that, will look into 'virtual' cards, now that you mentioned it :D. Thank you.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
We have both been on a lot of the same threads and I think you don't want to do anything to your car that affects the warranty or change it much from the way Ford built it. ...besides using the Forscan device lol. NO, you are not going to be able to improve/ add to your audio very much, without splicing a wire or adding a wiring harness. There is nothing wrong with that at all, as we all are different. What wiring harness you would need to add a different subwoofer depends on the wiring of the subwoofer itself. Some are wired for 4 ohms, some 2 ohms....and to get to those ohms can be totally different depending on single or dual voice coils...and how the speaker manufacturer wired them. But... a harness can be made for almost anything. As far as wondering why Ford didn't use the polyfill...you already know the answer.. cost. The entire B&O system uses inferior speakers.

It's not that. With the MirrorTap, there was zero modification to the vehicle's wiring. There's no way you can connect a sub with those tiny wires, brother :D. The only way would be to find the appropriate mating connector and splice that to the sub itself, so the car's wiring is not touched.

But I want to first try that poly fill stuff, and see if it works. Wonder why Ford didn't use it, if it's that effective. Hmmm. But it's cheap enough that it's worth trying IMO, especially if it can be done without removing the sub box.

And smart move with the 'virtual' card, which haven't heard of until now. Ha ha. So $10 for fees, and they agreed? My brother got jacked with quite a bit more than that. That's why I'd never give them my c/c either. If I ever need to do something like that, will look into 'virtual' cards, now that you mentioned it :D. Thank you.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
With the MB Quart, you can reportedly use the stock wiring. It'd only be a matter of finding a mating connector, to not splice anything on the car. Not difficult to do once you find a source of those connectors. And you can put the car back to stock. I don't mess with my cars anymore, so I buy them the way I want them, and live with the inevitable shortcomings :). The B&O sounds good enough IMO. It's a noisy car, so you wouldn't notice much a better system IMO. And I don't want it louder; just with a bit better bass if possible. That's all. Will try the polyfill trick them. Just wanted to make sure there aren't any drawbacks of using it. And how hard to stuff the enclosure. Will look at YouTube for videos on that subject. Take care.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, what physical differences on the subs did you notice, like magnet size, sub material, etc? And no need to change absolutely anything, including the connectors? Or did you buy an OEM connector to not touch the car's wiring? Please elaborate on that :D. Thank you.
The B&O sub is cheap. Paper with small magnet..I dunno, I wouldn't buy a sub that looks like the B&O. The MB Quart Discus sub is altogether a more robust looking and sounding sub. I also made sure the new sub had a shallow enough depth so that it would fit in the enclosure. The holes didn't quite match up but I removed the enclosure so that the sub was centered and installed. I also used a medium amount of poly-fil in the enclosure. The wiring was just tapped, +/- making sure I tested that the connections were correct. Reinstalled the box and done. Much better now. You won't win any sound off competitions but it does what I wanted it to do.

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I just did a 1,000-mile trip each way and the free subscription ended just before I took off, hence starting this thread.
During the trip I did notice that the traffic updates still worked, i.e. the embedded GPS did get the color-coded roads pending on traffic, but I used Google Maps and Waze mostly (actually started with Waze now as Google Maps, despite owning Waze, was unable to bypass a 2hr traffic delay, yet my embedded and Waze both immediately found a faster route).

Lastly, lightly unrelated - after my update to Sync 3.4 (and subsequent update to maps 1.19), the voice recognition now doesn't react. Upon pressing the button, it activates, but does nothing after I tell it what I want it to do.
Anyone else have the same? Worth starting a new thread?

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Looks like your 6 month trial period ended at an unfortunate time.

The fix to get your navigation commands back are in the latest map update thread. There are a couple of ways that have worked. The easiest on your part would be to try the Master Reset. The next method is that the company that provides the maps also has a download ( you must request) that deletes the map and the corrupted voice file. You would then have to update the maps again, using the newest (updated 1.19 map file)...there were two files with the same name, so use the latest.

I typically use Waze also.

I just did a 1,000-mile trip each way and the free subscription ended just before I took off, hence starting this thread.
During the trip I did notice that the traffic updates still worked, i.e. the embedded GPS did get the color-coded roads pending on traffic, but I used Google Maps and Waze mostly (actually started with Waze now as Google Maps, despite owning Waze, was unable to bypass a 2hr traffic delay, yet my embedded and Waze both immediately found a faster route).

Lastly, lightly unrelated - after my update to Sync 3.4 (and subsequent update to maps 1.19), the voice recognition now doesn't react. Upon pressing the button, it activates, but does nothing after I tell it what I want it to do.
Anyone else have the same? Worth starting a new thread?

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Looks like your 6 month trial period ended at an unfortunate time.

The fix to get your navigation commands back are in the latest map update thread. There are a couple of ways that have worked. The easiest on your part would be to try the Master Reset. The next method is that the company that provides the maps also has a download ( you must request) that deletes the map and the corrupted voice file. You would then have to update the maps again, using the newest (updated 1.19 map file)...there were two files with the same name, so use the latest.

I typically use Waze also.
Yeah, what can you do. I have also found though, that even with Satellite, if you listed to one station for a while, you get ton of commercials anyway and repeat of songs. It beats having to re-tune to different stations as you move through the states, but it's still not the greatest to pay for ads.

Could you link the discussion you spoke about for the maps? I tried searching but am not sure if I'm finding the right thing.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
No problem

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/map-update-troubleshooting.146068/

Skip to the last 10 pages or so on this one below.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/new-navigation-map-update-june-29th.143298/

Sirus/XM has a promotion for Full/All Acess for $5 a month/$60 a year, plus receive a free Amazon Echo. I took them up on it and can confirm I am receiving "All Acess" and received the Amazon Echo.

Yeah, what can you do. I have also found though, that even with Satellite, if you listed to one station for a while, you get ton of commercials anyway and repeat of songs. It beats having to re-tune to different stations as you move through the states, but it's still not the greatest to pay for ads.

Could you link the discussion you spoke about for the maps? I tried searching but am not sure if I'm finding the right thing.
Sirus Account.jpg

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
Also don’t forget you have traffic & travel link for free for 5 years - the music is just 6 months.
if you renew after the trial period they will allocate the days after at the full rate. You may not be able to negotiate that at a discounted rate. I get the $5 per month (for 6 months) plus taxes and fees by negotiating each contact. Some good words to use are “competition is cheaper, Pandora is free, I will use a USB drive.” If they don’t see it your way, tell them to cancel. After bouncing you around a bit, they will play ball.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Somebody mentioned you could get a $1 (plus fees, of course, so not sure how much the total would be) extension for 3 months, which right now is a good time to ask for it, since many of us are not driving anywhere close to what we used to. Worth a try. I might do that too, although I'm still 2 months away from expiration.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So I’ve been a Sirius subscriber since Stern went over to them, before the whole Sirius/XM merger.

Dealing with Sirius is like dealing with Comcast/Xfinity... you have to always call to “cancel” so you’re then offered a better “promo” package for another year...

Just last week I noticed a $22 charge to my CC. Reviewing it it was from Sirius. I logged in and checked my account status and wouldn’t you know, my sub just ran out and they auto charged a monthly amount.

I called and stated “I’m not paying $22 a month to retain satellite coverage”. I then proceeded to tell the Rep that I only paid $100 last year for a whole year with the top package (car, app, and able to log in/listen anywhere from any device). The Rep put me on hold, came back and said “oh, there’s a new promo, so you will retain all of your existing access levels with no changes and for the entire year it’s only $77, that includes all fees and taxes....”. So I re-signed for $77 for an entire year.

Imagine the people who are paying $22 a MONTH.... LOL... unreal.

Also to note, if you log into the Sirius app, there are settings to adjust the streaming quality. I’m not sure if that is a new feature or not, but if you guys do have the app, check it out and see if the sound quality improves based on the settings you chose.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I then proceeded to tell the Rep that I only paid $100 last year for a whole year with the top package (car, app, and able to log in/listen anywhere from any device).
That doesn't include other vehicles, correct? But still, $77 a year all in for the top package is a pretty good deal, especially if you drive/travel a lot. Thanks for the info. I'll probably try to extend it for 3 months for a buck, and then see what my situation is :). But so far, I've never renewed any subscription.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
That doesn't include other vehicles, correct? But still, $77 a year all in for the top package is a pretty good deal, especially if you drive/travel a lot. Thanks for the info. I'll probably try to extend it for 3 months for a buck, and then see what my situation is :). But so far, I've never renewed any subscription.
That price is only for a single account for the Mustang - but at that package level, you can d/l the Sirius app onto any mobile device, login and listen anywhere outside of the car - OR Bluetooth stream it to anything, including while inside another car that has a BT receiving system. :wink:

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
My trial period expires in a couple days. perusing the Official Ford Tech specs for my 201A package, I note it includes a FIVE YEAR PREPAID SUBSCRIPTION! Is that even possible? How do I advise Sirius of this, so they can stop sending me Special Deal letters?

201A Equipment Group 201A - Includes:
Premium Plus Package (12" LCD Digital Instrument Cluster with MyColor;
Heated Steering Wheel;
Premier Trim with Color Accent Group
(Hand Stitched Center Console Lid,
Wrapped Knee Bolsters with Accent Stitch and Shifter Boot,
Premium Floormats with Accent Stitch,
Color-accented Leather-trimmed Seats,
"Linked Graphite" Aluminum Instrument Panel,
Unique Color-accented Door-Trim, and
Wrapped Center Console with Accent Stitch);
FordPass Connect (Remotely start (auto only),
lock and unlock vehicle, Schedule specific times to remotely start (auto only) vehicle,
Locate parked vehicle,
Check vehicle status,
Wi-Fi hotspot connects up to 10 devices);
Voice-Activated Touchscreen System with Pinch-to-Zoom Capability,
SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link
(Note: SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link includes
a five (5)-year prepaid Subscription.
SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link services is not available in Alaska and Hawaii);
BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert;
Memory: Driver Seat (three (3) settings),
Mirrors and Ambient Lighting Pre-Set $2,200

Gray Car Monroney sticker.jpg

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My trial period expires in a couple days. perusing the Official Ford Tech specs for my 201A package, I note it includes a FIVE YEAR PREPAID SUBSCRIPTION! Is that even possible? How do I advise Sirius of this, so they can stop sending me Special Deal letters?

201A Equipment Group 201A - Includes:
Premium Plus Package (12" LCD Digital Instrument Cluster with MyColor;
Heated Steering Wheel;
Premier Trim with Color Accent Group
(Hand Stitched Center Console Lid,
Wrapped Knee Bolsters with Accent Stitch and Shifter Boot,
Premium Floormats with Accent Stitch,
Color-accented Leather-trimmed Seats,
"Linked Graphite" Aluminum Instrument Panel,
Unique Color-accented Door-Trim, and
Wrapped Center Console with Accent Stitch);
FordPass Connect (Remotely start (auto only),
lock and unlock vehicle, Schedule specific times to remotely start (auto only) vehicle,
Locate parked vehicle,
Check vehicle status,
Wi-Fi hotspot connects up to 10 devices);
Voice-Activated Touchscreen System with Pinch-to-Zoom Capability,
SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link
(Note: SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link includes
a five (5)-year prepaid Subscription.
SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link services is not available in Alaska and Hawaii);
BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert;
Memory: Driver Seat (three (3) settings),
Mirrors and Ambient Lighting Pre-Set $2,200

Gray Car Monroney sticker.jpg
I think someone already mentioned this - that's the link that shows the color of the roads in your factory navigation, i.e. the traffic conditions for when you're using the navigation, so it knows where to lead you or not in case of accident. That should be 5yrs.

The music portion of Sirius XM is 6 months I believe. In my Bullitt music trial is gone, but traffic info is still there.
Sponsored