SiriusXM trial - how long?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hello fellow Bullitt owners! I believe the electronics package is the one that adds the premium sound system, which comes with the SiriusXM trial. I am now not sure if it's 6mo trial (which means mine would expire in 2 weeks), or is it a 3yr subscription? Not sure where I got the 3yr thing, read it somewhere, maybe it was for a different vehicle.

I'm guessing it's the 6mo, as my called ID on my cell is starting to show SiriusXM is calling. DANG IT. I do enjoy the satellite radio every once in a while, but paying and then cancelling with these guys is like pulling a tiger's tooth.
Sponsored

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
6 mos.
cancel it and a few weeks later they will offer you a years scrip. for 5$/mo.

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
6 mos.
cancel it and a few weeks later they will offer you a years scrip. for 5$/mo.
Ah, I see someone's played the game before. :)
Do you have to actually cancel it or just let it lapse/expire? I think I have a bout 11 days left anyway.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
you have to cancel by phone call or they will auto roll you into a years contract. Be ready for a continuation sales pitch.

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Wait, how could they possibly enroll me if I don't have a credit card on file with them? They can't just auto sign you up for a service you didn't want and then send you the bill...

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
No need to cancel anything, because you didn't subscribe to anything. Just wait until service is cut off (sometimes a couple of days after the expiration date), and the flood of offers would come your way :D.

By the way, watch out for hefty fees, so don't think it'd be just $5x12=$60. Don't give any c/c info until you have a grand total, and agree with it. I've never renewed the service, and can still hear it about 4 times a year, when they unblock the signal (Thanksgiving, Labor Day, etc), and all radios previously with the service can hear it.

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
No need to cancel anything, because you didn't subscribe to anything. Just wait until service is cut off (sometimes a couple of days after the expiration date), and the flood of offers would come your way :D.
Hey man! Thanks for the input both of you!
Yeah, that's what I thought, just letting it expire on its own, I was making sure they can't just sign me up, but that would not be legal I'd think.
I know how much of a pain Sirius can be, I had it in my '18 Accord and it was a pain to go through cancellation, it's almost like it's by design (obviously I know it is).

SD-Harley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K6752
Also don’t forget you have traffic & travel link for free for 5 years - the music is just 6 months.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Also don’t forget you have traffic & travel link for free for 5 years - the music is just 6 months.
When the 6 months ended, they called me (they had my number because my wife has a subscription in her car). I said I didn't want it. They cancelled not only the audio but the traffic / travel link as well. It took over 6 months of calls every few weeks to get the free stuff back and free for the balance of the 5 years. They could figure out how to keep giving me trial runs, but no one could figure out how to get it to run for more than a trial period.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Finally replaced the B&O subwoofer with one that performs (and fits in the box).
Hey, what physical differences on the subs did you notice, like magnet size, sub material, etc? And no need to change absolutely anything, including the connectors? Or did you buy an OEM connector to not touch the car's wiring? Please elaborate on that :D. Thank you.

Also don’t forget you have traffic & travel link for free for 5 years
How the heck do you use that? Or does the car nav automatically uses it? I've never seen any settings to turn them on or off. Just curious. Thanks.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
How the heck do you use that? Or does the car nav automatically uses it? I've never seen any settings to turn them on or off. Just curious. Thanks.
The Traffic component shows colored bands on the car's Navigation screen to denote traffic on various roads and the routing takes the speeds shown into consideration.

The Travel Apps are accessed through the center display via the "Apps" option. One of the App options will be Travel Link, which gives you weather, traffic lists, points of interest, etc. It will not be available if you're running an on-screen app such as Waze on the center display.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
They have a current offer of 1 year for $60. My trial ends this week and I took that offer. Oh and it's the same premium Sirus package that you have in the trial.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The Travel Apps are accessed through the center display via the "Apps" option.
Thanks brother. So it's integrated into the nav; cool. As far as the Travel App, I probably wouldn't use it anyway, but might not be able to access it anyway, since I changed my theme to a Lincoln one, and not sure if it eliminated all mobile apps, or just the Ford app, which I'd never use anyway. Next time I use the car will try to see if it's still there, although I won't click on it since I don't want it now. Thank you.

They have a current offer of 1 year for $60.
That's not bad at all, but did you check your credit card for that charge? They have always tacked several junk fees in the past, hence my skepticism. But please report if you got only $60 charged, which wouldn't be bad at all for those who use it enough (not me).

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
There are a few better performing subs that fit. .. the wiring is no harder than that mirror tap you did for your radar detector. I have a brand new JL Audio in my stock sub box, but then decided to buy a kicker enclosure with sub because I wanted to really feel the bass and don't need the trunk space. So my upgraded stock one is just sitting there unplugged.

Hey, what physical differences on the subs did you notice, like magnet size, sub material, etc? And no need to change absolutely anything, including the connectors? Or did you buy an OEM connector to not touch the car's wiring? Please elaborate on that :D. Thank you.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
When dealing with Sirus, I use a virtual card. I authorized $70 to cover and fees, charges and that was it.

"Elp_jc, post: 2999339, member: 49841"]

That's not bad at all, but did you check your credit card for that charge? They have always tacked several junk fees in the past, hence my skepticism. But please report if you got only $60 charged, which wouldn't be bad at all for those who use it enough (not me).[/QUOTE]
Sponsored