Sponsored

Map Update Troubleshooting

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Given there have been more than a few posts about problems after a map update, I figured I’d add a thread with the general troubleshooting. The most common problem is loss of navigation voice commands after an install. This can be caused by:

1) A partial / failed install
2) The updated nav voice image not loading post install

For #1, the most common problem is removing the USB drive before the full installation has completed. The map update will automatically restart two times during the installation. Do not pull the stick, or you’ll end up with a partial installation that necessitates running the install all over again. These automatic restarts will show an installation complete pop-up very briefly. When the full install is complete, this pop-up will stick on screen. It will not go away until you acknowledge it, and SYNC will not automatically restart itself.

How do you know you have a partial install? You can check the installed packages via the IVSU Versions diag screen. This can be accessed on non-CD equipped vehicles by turning on the radio, then pressing and holding the seek forward/right buttons on the IP and steering wheel at the same time for ~10 seconds. You will then cancel the speaker walk around test, and select the APIM button in the upper left corner. Then, select IVSU Versions in the lower right. Check if there is a 14G422 package. If not, you have a partial install and need to re-run the map install utility. On CD equipped vehicles, the diag can be entered by pressing and holding the CD eject and seek forward/right hard keys.

For #2, if you have verified that you do have the updated 14G422, meaning the map install should have completed in full, and still do not have working navigation voice commands, you will need to run a master reset. This will erase the paired phones, favorites, etc. but should result in recovery of the nav voice commands.

Other items to note:
- The quality of the USB drive used can impact the total installation times. I’ve heard of a range from ~40 minutes to ~2 hours. My personal best is ~50-55 minutes.
- If you see an LST_ERR05, make sure you put the license file in the /SyncMyRide folder. Then check that all other .tar.gz files are also in that folder.
- If you see nothing happen, or a drop down notification that the drive was indexed, you have the file structure on the drive incorrect. Correct the file structure and try again.
Sponsored