Sponsored

Should I?

huachucastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium 6MT PP
Thinking about ordering a new Corvette and selling my Mustang. Thoughts?
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Thinking about ordering a new Corvette and selling my Mustang. Thoughts?
Your decision and question is how quickly (or slowly) can you get one, but having intimately deal with one of them (with Z51 and Magneride) and having seen three of them autocross this weekend - it's quite an incredible car.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'd wait for the hype to die down personally. But follow your heart and you'll be happy.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Guy across the street from our cottage brought one up last weekend. Very impressive vehicle. May take a while to get it, but a no-brainer if you're able to do so.

Vette.jpg

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Sure.
You need to lose for a while..................:devil:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Do it! They look amazing and should be a sweet ride. It's the move I'm looking to make...in like five years when prices are reasonable on used ones.

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 PP1 301A A10
If you’re asking the question, you’ve already made up your mind. Buy the corvette.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Find a dealer (forum dealer) that has one or can definitely get you one within a reasonable amount of time and won't bend you over on the price and all will be good. Right now, they are pretty hard to come by at MSRP from many dealers.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Knock yourself out.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Eh... it’s just a Chevy... and first year run seems to be having growing pains.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm done with Corvettes after owning the last 3 generations, and problems with all of them. But even if I'd be open to own one again, I'd wait at least 2 years, especially on the C8, since it's not only a revised engine, but a new platform. I had problems with my cars even on their last freaking year of production, so imagine the first? But up to you. Plus you'd spend significantly less if you wait, so that's the smart thing to do.

Finally, GM screwed up the design on the latest Vette IMO. It looks like a freaking Civic Si on steroids. Too 'transformers' for my taste. And still can't believe there's no choice for a solid roof; I always had water and noise leaks. They'd be a deal-breaker for me anyway, so won't ever own another for several reasons. Good luck to those early adopters :).

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I’d say do it. It’s a great car and fast. I don’t think a lot of cars out there would be able to beat you from 0-60 in a C8 for what it costs. I’ve seen a few cars around MSRP but it might be better to wait a bit since prices are a bit high.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Did you happen to own a red C7 Z06? I remember seeing a red one and a black one when I was last visiting El Paso?

I'm done with Corvettes after owning the last 3 generations, and problems with all of them. But even if I'd be open to own one again, I'd wait at least 2 years, especially on the C8, since it's not only a revised engine, but a new platform. I had problems with my cars even on their last freaking year of production, so imagine the first? But up to you. Plus you'd spend significantly less if you wait, so that's the smart thing to do.

Finally, GM screwed up the design on the latest Vette IMO. It looks like a freaking Civic Si on steroids. Too 'transformers' for my taste. And still can't believe there's no choice for a solid roof; I always had water and noise leaks. They'd be a deal-breaker for me anyway, so won't ever own another for several reasons. Good luck to those early adopters :).

Clover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory 5 1965 Shelby Daytona Replica in progress, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2017 Nissan Leaf(gasp)
Vehicle Showcase
Wait at least until you can get exactly what you want without paying over MSRP. Probably be good to wait until next model year too. Just don't be one of the fools who pays way over sticker so they can have one a few months earlier.
Sponsored