Sponsored

Settled on a Procharger...

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Stage 2 has little bigger intercooler and dedicated drive belt
Isn’t the HO kit marketed as having about 1 psi less boost? I’m guessing the pulley ratio is different.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I think the pulley ratios are different bc of the different drive setup. Both kits use p1sc which make the same boost

Sponsored

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Difference in psi is because of the intercooler. Stage 2 intercooler has less pressure drop resulting in 1 more psi of boost. 8 vs 9 psi

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
All you have to do is change pulleys to get more boost with the HO.

As others said, HO has a smaller intercooler and shares the serpentine belt with the blower. Stage 2 has a dedicated supercharger belt and larger intercooler.

HO is capable of doing 650+whp. Stage 2 offers more upgradability beyond that and a heavier duty tensioner. 8 rib belt vs 6 rib.

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I would do stage 2 no question about it. Anytime someone offers you a dedicated drive you say yes. I've done shared drive on other cars and I know it's more trouble than it's worth in the long run. The exception is if you honestly 100% want to stay with a simple system whatever power it winds up making and just going to leave it alone and be happy with what you get. If that is you then go stage 1, if you think you'll be at all picky and want to go further with the kit just go strage 2. Just be really honest with yourself though. Don't wind up going to a stage 2 later...

OP
OP

Rye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thanks again everyone.

So would you say that the HO kit might not be as reliable than the stage II?

I am not concerned about where my car lands in HP. No matter what it will be more than I will ever utilize, but if there is a reliability difference... that would push me the other way.

Thanks again!

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Thanks again everyone.

I am not concerned about where my car lands in HP. No matter what it will be more than I will ever utilize, but if there is a reliability difference... that would push me the other way.

Thanks again!
This isn’t really a coyote but he uses the equivalent to an HO kit...

[ame]

In a stage 2 you can sling or shred a blower belt and keep driving home, the best blower is different than the motor accessories belt

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Thanks again everyone.

Thanks again!
This isn’t really a coyote but he uses the equivalent to an HO kit...

[ame]

In a stage 2 you can sling or shred a blower belt and keep driving home, the best blower is different than the motor accessories belt. One slip where you’re not paying attention on your phone or talking to someone and you damage the motor

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I have a HO kit and never had any belt problems , not like I drive it easy either ...

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have a HO kit and never had any belt problems , not like I drive it easy either ...
It's a quality kit, minus losing a belt and being stuck there really aren't going to be a lot of problems if you don't mess with it. My experience with these type of kits is that once you get used to the power and start messing with the kit to get more is when you'll wish you had a dedicated drive. You upgrade the pulley and start to chew through belts is the main issue I've seen. Then you're off trying to change out other pulleys or the path of the belt to get more wrap. Hell I once had custom belts made for me, they were ribbed on both sides and I changed out a ton of other pulleys by basically sorting through the parts bin at o'reilly auto. It was all in the name of more belt wrap, less slip, more psi.

If you leave these things as they came from PC, you won't have any major issues. Just check and maintain your belt.

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Suspension upgrades are a must. I have an A6 auto with a ProCharger and a stock suspension. It's downright scary to drive on street tires. The other day I punched it at 70 mph and almost lost control it was so unpredictable and squirley. I'm ordering the BMR BB005, BK081, Vertical links and shock and springs as soon as I can.
(The car makes 729 rwhp and I have a set of ET Streets to run as well. It's not as scary on those. With street tires I am too afraid to punch it with the suspension stock.)