Sponsored

Settled on a Procharger...

Rye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Is there anything I should buy or install before getting a Procharger?
I feel like the brakes are solid but is there anything else I should worry about?

I have a 2017 GT PP manual.

I plan on keeping the stock wheels and tires for now. I do not race, I do not slam gears, I am old ;)

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
A heavy duty clutch lol.

Mmr timing/oil pump gears are the only other parts I would say you should have on the car, as long as fuel system is adequate.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
if your not going to be at the track and just get on it from time to time youll be ok im at 25k miles 20 of which are s/c and im on the stock clutch.. im roush phase 1 670hp.. maybe next summer ill do a clutch

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Are you doing the HO kit or Stage ll?
With what you said I would go with a 170 thermostat since you have to take the housing off anyway. If you have some $$ to spend the MAK inlet pipe is much nicer and more functional than the stock PC inlet pipe.
Also going by your comments oil pump gears and TS probably not needed. I beat the shit out of mine (18k supercharged) and have not done them.
Im old to.. :)

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Oil Pump Gear and crank sprocket. Stock clutch has lasted me 25k boosted miles. some suspension mods wouldn't hurt

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
supporting mods will depend on what your doing with the car. i've seen clutches, and half shafts last a while if your not hammering it at the track.

hit me up with any questions you have on the systems / packages

beef
513-478-1965

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Procharged D1X
oil pump gears & crank sprocket for sure

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Stock tires will be like driving on Ice Skates while its under power. If you are not tracking and and not overly aggressive stock clutch should last a bit, but that would probably be my first upgrade in terms of supporting the procharger.

Shoot me a PM for Pricing on the Procharger if you are still shopping for it. We can also get you a good deal on our Upgraded Inlet.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Opg/cs
Injectors
Bap
Clutch

Im making low 600s to the wheel and stock clutch slipping with only 7k miles. The injectors that came with the kit i also maxed out

Sponsored

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I think one of the beauty of the procharger is the abillity to grow as you want.

Start off with the kit, over time invest in larger injectors, pulley, fuel system, supporting suspension, etc.

But to start the base kit will get you going for sure.

If you are having someone install or if you are willing to tackle the OPG/ Crank Sprocket I would do it during install. I havent done mine yet and its still in the back of my mind.

And also if you have any consideration of a bigger head unit just get it now and save yourself some frustration.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Suspension mods will be the most useful. BMR CB005 and possibly stiffer differential bushings will really help you put the power down to the road. Before I did those my car was all over the place. Night and day difference.

I would strongly recommend wider and grippier tires. Even if your not racing, it will help you actually put the power down rather than just spinning.

You may want to invest in OPG/CG but that's personal preference. If you're staying on the street you probably wont break any drivetrain parts (axles, driveshaft, etc).

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Even on stock kit if you run anything more then the stock 8psi your going to need injectors. Been there done that.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Even on stock kit if you run anything more then the stock 8psi your going to need injectors. Been there done that.
My stage 2 kit came with DW 95 injectors.

OP
OP

Rye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thank you everyone! Much appreciated!

An ice skating rink sounds far more "Fun" to me than hooking up. Might sound odd to some folks but not to me :)

Would anyone mind explaining what the difference is between the HO kit and the Stage II? Also is there anything special needed because of the performance pack?

Thanks again!
Sponsored

Last edited: