Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Thanks man. This is probably the route I'm going for now. Im slowly turning the car into a dedicated track car but Im just not there yet. I wish like crazy I would have just opted for Recaros when I bought the car. Oh well. I've read up on and watched multiple videos on the 4 point ASM. Video of it in action here

It looks to hold the body better than the stock 3 point during impact, and if I run the quickfit pro I can also run a Hans device. In the video the dummys heads are flopping all over the place with both the 3 point and the 4 point ASM.

Im more nervous about replacing the seat though. There are side airbags on those incorporated into OEM saftey that would be removed if I replaced the seat. Im tall at 6'4 and having a hard time finding a seat anyways. What Sparco did you go with? I looked at your youtube channel but its all cockpit out.

Im worried that if you replace the OEM seat with a fixed back bucket racing seat that you wont be able to use the OEM 3 point belt. Is that not the case?
As for you
My car became day by day more track oriented.
I have sparco ALPHA pair with sparco base and sliders (yes i still want some confort for the street :) )
I'm 5.10. Crossfit. My butt is pretty...big lol. Alpha was a great compromise.
Get the quickfitPro. Don't even bother with the rest.
I know vorshlag.com
created a seat holder wich is lower for taller people. Check on it.
my recommendation is to go somewhere to TEST the seats. Don't buy them watching a website.
Remember.
Removing the seat is super easy. Meaning for street you can always put back the OEM one.
I don't reccomend to use the 4 point on daily drive.
When you use the harness the head stay more in place :)
If you have INSTAGRAM check my page.
There are many pictures. And you can DM there
@italian_stang
Here if you need :)
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve been doing HPDEā€™s for a few decades and have never seen a roll-over (knock on wood). Iā€™m sure someone will say they have, but I havenā€™t.
On my local track there is a straight like 500 meters and my karting instructor was driving an E36 Tauring. He missed the brake point locked the car jumped into the grass and barrel roll two times before ended on wheels again. He had harness bar and 4 pt belts though so nothing major happen. But was a really scary moment.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Had a Quick Fit in my 2016 GT350 and it did well for the few years I had the car.

Now I have a 2019 GT350R and purchased the Watson bar and am researching harnesses.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
My current favorite harness is the Schroth flexi. It is also their best seller. Today anyone with 5+ point polyester belt harness should be wearing a head neck restraint too.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
My current favorite harness is the Schroth flexi. It is also their best seller. Today anyone with 5+ point polyester belt harness should be wearing a head neck restraint too.
Most track days (at least here in Fl) are requiring the Hans if you are running the harnesses. Been looking for the harnesses and hans. Will probably buy both at one time.

Sponsored

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Has anyone tried to put a Quickfit in a 2018 GT or EB? I tried contacting them as well with no luck. What is different about an 18 than a 17 that causes it not to work? I just want to be able to stay in the seat for AX. My try a velcro suit if I can't find anything else.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Has anyone tried to put a Quickfit in a 2018 GT or EB? I tried contacting them as well with no luck. What is different about an 18 than a 17 that causes it not to work? I just want to be able to stay in the seat for AX. My try a velcro suit if I can't find anything else.
The Quickfit will fit all newer Mustangs, but you have to change the backseat female seat belt buckle. For some reason, Ford changed that one receiver starting in 2018.
I installed the Quickfit in my 2020 GT500 (along with that one buckle), and it works fine.
From Tasca Ford: FR3Z-6360044-AB Buckle $31.25

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
The Quickfit will fit all newer Mustangs, but you have to change the backseat female seat belt buckle. For some reason, Ford changed that one receiver starting in 2018.
I installed the Quickfit in my 2020 GT500 (along with that one buckle), and it works fine.
From Tasca Ford: FR3Z-6360044-AB Buckle $31.25
Thanks! I assume my factory rear seat belt would no longer work if I made that change. Do you see any reason I couldn't swap the QuikFit male connector to a 2018+ version, rather than changing the female on the car? I assume you would have to cut and resew the quickfit harness. Does it look like that would be possible?

I can't believe Schroth hasn't addressed this if the only difference is the connector.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Thanks! I assume my factory rear seat belt would no longer work if I made that change. Do you see any reason I couldn't swap the QuikFit male connector to a 2018+ version, rather than changing the female on the car? I assume you would have to cut and resew the quickfit harness. Does it look like that would be possible?

I can't believe Schroth hasn't addressed this if the only difference is the connector.
I left the original factory seat belt buckle installed. Just left it under the rear seat with only the new one protruding. If I ever had a need for it, can just pop off the seat seat pan and pull it up. I tried to have both buckles be available, but the stock hole is too small for both (and I didnā€™t want to cut the seat).

I asked Schroth about this as well and never received a response. I guess as long as they keep selling the current one, no need to make a newer version....
BTW: Once you see how that harness connector is sewed together, it would take a master seamstress to duplicate that.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
I left the original factory seat belt buckle installed. Just left it under the rear seat with only the new one protruding. If I ever had a need for it, can just pop off the seat seat pan and pull it up. I tried to have both buckles be available, but the stock hole is too small for both (and I didnā€™t want to cut the seat).

I asked Schroth about this as well and never received a response. I guess as long as they keep selling the current one, no need to make a newer version....
BTW: Once you see how that harness connector is sewed together, it would take a master seamstress to duplicate that.
Got it. Thanks for all the help!

Sponsored

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium

I was able to get them both through
20200114_131002.jpg

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The quickfit pro can become a 5point. They sell a additional belt for the 5th point. I'm considering buying it cause the quickfit tends to stay a little higher on the belly when i tighten the strips.
Where do you see that 5th belt for sale? Looking on schroth's website there's no mention of it for the quick fit.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I've been talking with my boss who's a PCA instructor and does a lot of track days, and has had a few "offs".

Based on these conversations and the video below, I've decided to spring for the Quick Fit Pro and an SHR Flex HANS device. Cheap insurance!

FYI most groups require passenger seat to have same safety gear (harness/seat) as driver if taking an instructor or passenger. If you're solo only, you could get away with just one.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Where do you see that 5th belt for sale? Looking on schroth's website there's no mention of it for the quick fit.
https://www.schrothracing.com/products/anti-sub-straps

But

They said it is not recommended because the angle you formwith the rear straps.
Comimg from the rear seat the belts have like a 45Ā°angle. In case of accident
If you put the 6point add on your spine will be severe compressed. So the only way to run it is to install a harness bar that can "deviate" the angle of the rear straps. Simulating a normal 6 point angle.
But at the point it might be convenient just to buy an appropriate 6 point belt.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Hans vs no Hans video is brutal to watch but should be sobering for those running 4,5,6 point harnesses and no Hans.
Sponsored