1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know when Schroth will sell a quick fit harness system for the 2018 thru 2020 mustang's? I have Emailed Schroth many many time over the past two years with absolutely no response in any way. Very poor customer service.
Sponsored

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I too would like to know, or if there is a decent alternative?

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Why not do it old school and safer with bolt in harness bar or truss and anchor bar on the rear seat anchors and do standard 6pt parachute harness set up? This way you have a proven setup that works with hans.

Schroth is relying on its ASM design which was never proven to work with HANS.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Aren't these kind of a poor design as far as safety?
They attach to the rear seat buckles as pictured below, correct?

upload_2019-11-25_7-47-44.png

This will create a less than ideal angle of attachment. Aren't the harness straps supposed to attach directly behind your shoulders so they don't compress your spine in the event of a crash?

I know not every racing organization operates to the same standards but I know NASA will not allow you to use OEM seats with aftermarket belts and vice versa. As far as I know, when it comes to safety equipment, it's all of it or none of it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
NASA will not allow you to use OEM seats with aftermarket belts and vice versa. As far as I know, when it comes to safety equipment, it's all of it or none of it.
The Quickfit gets exception, I believe, because of the ASM technology (integrates w/ pretensioner) and because it meets FMVSS 209.

Per NASA rules:
"The driver and any passenger must utilize modern style stock seatbelts in very good condition, or a DOT approved restraint system, while operating a vehicle on the track. Lap belts used without any shoulder restraints are not permitted. Restraint system requirements are listed in Section #11.4.8. The only fourpoint belt systems that are allowed for use in HPDE / TT are 1) those that carry an “FIA B-xxx.T/98 certification, or 2) those that carry a label from the belt manufacturer stating that the belts meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 209 AND that the belts were designated for the specific vehicle (e.g. “For use only in BMW E36 models”). Such label must be easily visible to the NASA inspector. Notefour-point belt sets that have a DOT-only certification are not allowed."

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
The Schroth 4pt system is accepted by NASA and every HPDE group I have run with. Much safer than the stock system. Works great with the HANS — No issues there.
Also, just order the belts for the 2016 GT350 and add this buckle to the rear seat: FR3Z-6360044-AB. The rest works fine.
It’s the rear inboard buckle receiver that Ford changed. If you add this older style female connecter to the one that is already there, it works just fine and the original belts still work.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know when Schroth will sell a quick fit harness system for the 2018 thru 2020 mustang's? I have Emailed Schroth many many time over the past two years with absolutely no response in any way. Very poor customer service.
I too have asked them and HMS Motorsports (their US distributor), with no response.
I presume they are in no hurry to create a newer version as we can just add the receiver I noted in my other post. There are many people in our local club that use these and love them.

OP
OP
1 old racer

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
1st of all I would not use any four, five or six point harness system without a roll bar on the track. I want to use them for autocross events with my youngest daughter. The 3 point OEM system does not hold her in place doing the low speed tight turns.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st of all I would not use any four, five or six point harness system without a roll bar on the track. I want to use them for autocross events with my youngest daughter. The 3 point OEM system does not hold her in place doing the low speed tight turns.
If someone participates in events where roll-overs can happen (close racing, etc.), then certainly a roll bar/roll cage and a 5/6 pt system is smart. But for most HPDE’s and autocross, the 4 pt system is fine (especially with a HANS)— safer than the 3 pt stock system.
I’ve been doing HPDE’s for a few decades and have never seen a roll-over (knock on wood). I’m sure someone will say they have, but I haven’t. Might depend on the safety aspects of the track and/or how events are run as well.
But I have seen several people go off track and hit something head-on where the better belts/HANS saved them from serious injury.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
There is no reliable data of hans crashes with 3 or 4pts. Hans protects for basilar skull fracture. We don't see bsf in 3pts only 5+ due to increased retention. 3pts provide lots of movement that's part of why there are airbags and ballistic retracrors. 4pt ASM is a defacto 3pt. The webing sew breaks and allows 3pt mechanics. Research for yourselves see if i am right

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
There is no reliable data of hans crashes with 3 or 4pts. Hans protects for basilar skull fracture. We don't see bsf in 3pts only 5+ due to increased retention. 3pts provide lots of movement that's part of why there are airbags and ballistic retracrors. 4pt ASM is a defacto 3pt. The webing sew breaks and allows 3pt mechanics. Research for yourselves see if i am right
So what's the problem? For autocross/TT/HPDE folks it's an upgrade.

haldago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mitch
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt /fbo
i have one for the 2016 and i believe it is the same fitment for yours
all attachmet points are the same
but watch out some states dont alow tracks to yse 4 points ie: njmp newjersy
oh and thier anti tunnuling

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
So what's the problem? For autocross/TT/HPDE folks it's an upgrade.
The problem is people think they are safer with an ASM based 4 pt. And the probably are not. In fact the only tested system is the oem system. Owners add a helmet, add harness think they are safer and often are worse off. There are complete racecar safety systems and those are proven to work. The home brew not engineered hodge podge dual use system is the most difficult to do well. Even adding 6pts does not automatically make you safer.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the point is: driving a street car at HPDEs with the stock 3pt system is very tiring and not as safe as any other combination. I got so tired of planting my left foot on the dead pedal and pushing on the steering wheel to keep my butt planted, it just wasn’t fun and I found it painful after a while (and hard to downshift while heavy braking because I had to take my left foot off of the dead pedal).
I went with a harness bar in two of my cars, and they work fine but are no better than the Schroth System I have in my GT350. It’s just so much more comfortable (and therefore fun) with the 4pt system keeping me planted in the seat.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is people think they are safer with an ASM based 4 pt. And the probably are not. In fact the only tested system is the oem system. Owners add a helmet, add harness think they are safer and often are worse off. There are complete racecar safety systems and those are proven to work. The home brew not engineered hodge podge dual use system is the most difficult to do well. Even adding 6pts does not automatically make you safer.
And if you're racing, it makes sense to have all that. Very, very few of us are turning our S550 into a racecar.

Knocking an FMVSS209/NASA/SCCA legal setup that gives one the ability to drive much better in an autocross or HPDE environment, and allows significantly more control than the oem 3 pt is silly.
Sponsored