Sponsored

SCCA CAM-C Thread

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So much truth to this. I look at my FS friends with a combination of disdain because they haven't jumped to CAM, and admiration because they don't mess with anything under the car and perform basic maintenance. 😂 😭
And with FS typically raw timing CAM-C, it clearly shows that car mods isn't where the lowest hanging fruit is...
Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I'm about to have vinyl numbers put on that are going to stay for the season to no longer use magnets (which some of look pretty beat up).

Looks like we've taken same path to be faster.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I'm about to have vinyl numbers put on that are going to stay for the season to no longer use magnets (which some of look pretty beat up).

Looks like we've taken same path to be faster.
My magnets were fine, but I've always enjoyed boy-racer style liveries. This was my old SM car from back in the early 2000's.

31068775047_48442a734f_h.jpg

Well, now you have the sexiest mustang. Largely because it's the same color as mine 😆 , but also the stickets are cool af.
Thank you. It felt super risky putting them on, but as soon as I got the rear 3/4 window decals on corrrectly I knew we were onto something.

The black is all matte black to match the center stripes and my street wheels, the satin gunmetal matches both the pinstripes and the wheels, and then I just went with a basic gloss white from 3M for maximum contrast. Only thing is now it's kind of making me hate the black on my street wheels because the satin gunmetal matches the color of the Apex wheels so well.

53688233660_e778eb3aaf_c.jpg

Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You're doing fine. The amount of expendable income I have at 42 is significantly more than I had at 22.
Dead-on near accurate to my age my friend 😂 am I that easy to read? 🫣

Sponsored

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Back when I started, I could not wait until I had a full on race car BECAUSE then I could run vinyl! Also buy a truck and a trailer. But the highlight was the VINYL! Mavisky, your car looks fantastic!

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Back when I started, I could not wait until I had a full on race car BECAUSE then I could run vinyl! Also buy a truck and a trailer. But the highlight was the VINYL! Mavisky, your car looks fantastic!
I was basically waiting on the wing. That gave me the green light.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Update: found a brembo kit for cheap :) taking ya'lls advice.

Also learned from John @steeda that you don't need to upgrade anything else. 6-pots and 4-pots and 2-pots all had the same master cylinder across the models of 2015-2017. For anyone else wanting to upgrade 2-pots to 6-pots and skip 4-pots, just wanted that info out there for you in case your brain goes wee-woo-wee like mine.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
CamC is a class of mutually assured financial destruction. I recommend doing as little as possible or basking in financial ruin. For years I ran a V6 Mustang on GT PP take off suspension. Nothing wrong with not spending money.
It is and it isn't. It really all depends on if you really care about the finishing position. If you do, then you usually start with a budget number and find things to buy until you get to about X+20%.

For me, CAM where I slot in because I'm building the car I want and that is where it fits. Hell, if I'm honest, at least 1/2 of my entertainment is building the car.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It is and it isn't. It really all depends on if you really care about the finishing position. If you do, then you usually start with a budget number and find things to buy until you get to about X+20%.

For me, CAM where I slot in because I'm building the car I want and that is where it fits. Hell, if I'm honest, at least 1/2 of my entertainment is building the car.

This. Most of my enjoyment so far has been from my first track day and building this little monster over the course of the two years I have owned her.
Sponsored