Sponsored

s550 Weakest Links

Wallyopp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT350, 2015 Mustang GT (RIP)
Hey all, I have a FBO 2015 5.0 (not running e85). I plan on going forced induction sometime in the future, can anyone give me insight as to what I should focus on upgrading prior?

I actually just blew my clutch and snapped an axle all at the same time so those two are actually being installed right now... I decided to go with McCleod's RST and DSS800 halfshafts. Aside from those, what else should I be looking at next? I have not had ANY issues (aside from this happening all at once) and the car is approaching 40k miles now.
Any insight will be appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
Oil Pump Gear

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wallyopp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
I agree Oil pump gears if you are going to push it hard. Also new universal joints on the driveshaft and a rebalance of the shaft.
Would it be worth to just get an upgraded driveshaft or just new u joints /rebalance

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I’d focus on suspension after the oil pump gears. It won’t fail on you but in terms of getting the power down the suspension and tires would be a weak link. MT82 isn’t that great for high horsepower either.

S550steve

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt track pack
Vehicle Showcase
new to the forum. Jus bought a 16 gt track pack. It has 12000 miles only thing done to it is axel back borla exhaust. An airaid cold air intake. Seems like from first to second at low rpms there’s a popping sound not really bad jus annoying buying a new car that’s making sounds that don’t sound healthy. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Yes, usually someone who destroys a clutch and half shafts at the same time is doing something wrong or over launching the car before doing supporting mods first.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
new to the forum. Jus bought a 16 gt performance package It has 12000 miles only thing done to it is axel back borla exhaust. An airaid cold air intake. Seems like from first to second at low rpms there’s a popping sound not really bad jus annoying buying a new car that’s making sounds that don’t sound healthy. Any info would be greatly appreciated
Well don't hijack this thread instead. Did you do a tune for the intake and exhaust? These cars don't accept intakes well without adjustments.

OP
OP

Wallyopp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
Yes, usually someone who destroys a clutch and half shafts at the same time is doing something wrong or over launching the car before doing supporting mods first.
I dropped clutch at 3-4K, hyperextended throw out bearing ( thought it was clutch at first but further inspection showed clutch was fine but only had a little bit of life left so I upgraded. Found out my axle snapped at same time

S550steve

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt track pack
Vehicle Showcase
Well don't hijack this thread instead. Did you do a tune for the intake and exhaust? These cars don't accept intakes well without adjustments.
No sir!! Jus bought the car three days ago called the prior owner an he said he kept it in the garage most of the time. Never did tune it.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
No sir!! Jus bought the car three days ago called the prior owner an he said he kept it in the garage most of the time. Never did tune it.
I'd start there or try OEM intake and see if that fixes it.
Sponsored