Sponsored

s550 Weakest Links

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
NO car is perfect...
Wait what? How dare you talk bad about my baby. She is perfect! So perfect, I only changed the rear suspension, shifter, wheels, springs and power. Oh and the dash...added hood struts. Oh and brakes. And had to replaced both rear wheel bearings.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
At least sleeve the bolts if you do nothing else.
I sleeved mine and used construction adhesive to fill the voids on the bushing. You can see one of the sleeves here.
122722348_3466493123445628_7608336857149621399_o.jpg

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Wait what? How dare you talk bad about my baby. She is perfect! So perfect, I only changed the rear suspension, shifter, wheels, springs and power. Oh and the dash...added hood struts. Oh and brakes. And had to replaced both rear wheel bearings.
But after replacing all of these, she's now finally perfect, isn't she? 😁

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Not getting grown men calling the car their baby, sounds so childish.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Not getting grown men calling the car their baby, sounds so childish.
what’s your thoughts on them giving their rides girlie names ...?

😆

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I just looked at it again and the tear is bigger than I thought. It goes from the right side across the top of the metal sleeve in the bushing, but doesn't reach the outer shell (race?) of the bushing.

I'm out of warranty so I'll be doing most the work myself. I hear you on the inserts, that would definitely be easier, but I'd rather just do it once and be done with it. The suspension is already apart, so it would be easier to replace them with new bushings now rather than pulling it all apart again later.

The flip side is if I put inserts in and hate the NVH I can just pull them and sell them on here, and invest in a new subframe to get back to stock NVH levels.

Ford is really milking us by not offering a simple rubber bushing replacement. This car is my first and definitely last Ford product.

image0.jpeg
back to topic - that image, the bolt seen there - that’s not factory right? Could it be possible the tear is caused by the type of bolt being used? Meaning, the shank of the bolt may not be filling the shaft void, which allows more flexing than what is allowable for the bushing?

MICHPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
back to topic - that image, the bolt seen there - that’s not factory right? Could it be possible the tear is caused by the type of bolt being used? Meaning, the shank of the bolt may not be filling the shaft void, which allows more flexing than what is allowable for the bushing?
I just put the bolt in. It’s the lethal extreme diff bolt kit, with the sleeve insert that removes the factory void. I haven’t driven the car since putting that bolt in (been in the air on jack stands for a few weeks) and I don’t think it was caused by that.
Sponsored