Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I got mine, maybe I should get a mustang now lol I got my wheel before the car because I thought I would have a long wait on the wheel
Just got word that my GT350R wheel is in the mail!!!!
Sponsored

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I don't know about you, but I am feeling damn good about paying a few hundo extra to get the ruby paint! I see you have a build going too, did you order yours?
THIS. The ruby paint is amazing. I actually didn't order mine! I knew I just wanted a base GT with Recaros and Performance Pack. I was so torn between the Deep Impact Blue and the Ruby Red. All my friends told me to go blue, but my heart wasn't set on it. I'm not exactly what you'd call the patient type, so I had my buddy who is a ford salesman query the DB to see what was on the ground/in transit. In a 500 miles radius, there was a race red, a magnetic, and this ruby red. Turns out we found mine on the truck a week from being delivered from the dealership and it had a flame icon next to it, which meant it was a high risk car with winter approaching and performance pack. He got a hold of the dealership a few days later, we drove up to Delaware and got there when the place opened and I left with a beautiful Ruby Car!

Anyways, sorry to jack the thread. Sub'd so I can follow your progress on this beauty! :cheers:

OP
OP
96MUSTANG06

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
THIS. The ruby paint is amazing. I actually didn't order mine! I knew I just wanted a base GT with Recaros and Performance Pack. I was so torn between the Deep Impact Blue and the Ruby Red. All my friends told me to go blue, but my heart wasn't set on it. I'm not exactly what you'd call the patient type, so I had my buddy who is a ford salesman query the DB to see what was on the ground/in transit. In a 500 miles radius, there was a race red, a magnetic, and this ruby red. Turns out we found mine on the truck a week from being delivered from the dealership and it had a flame icon next to it, which meant it was a high risk car with winter approaching and performance pack. He got a hold of the dealership a few days later, we drove up to Delaware and got there when the place opened and I left with a beautiful Ruby Car!

Anyways, sorry to jack the thread. Sub'd so I can follow your progress on this beauty! :cheers:
You really couldn't go wrong with either color they are both amazing in the sun, but I agree that you made the right choice! I am opposite, when it comes to cars, patience always pays--so I spent the first 10 months of 16 fooling around online specking out Mustangs and then finally when I had my ducks in a row placed the order. Those 75 days I waited did test my patience, but I know now that it was worth it! Looks like we are about on the same track for our builds, maybe we can exchange some notes along the way--its sounds like you are going to tackle your suspension mods in the garage too!

OP
OP
96MUSTANG06

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
THE WHEEL DEAL!

Had a little time this weekend to get the GT350R wheel installed. It feels 100 times better in your hand than the stocker...
DSC_0562.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
96MUSTANG06

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Photo OP

I also had a chance to put a spit shine on the new rig and take a couple of photos. Honestly, to me, the way this thing is optioned it looks custom straight from the factory! It won't stay that way long, but just saying...
DSC_0547.jpg
DSC_0550.jpg
DSC_0554.jpg

OP
OP
96MUSTANG06

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Light day

Today was the first day of my 7 day stangcation. I dropped of the heat extractors at the body shop. They did some research and believe that the roof is painted ebony and not shadow black. We'll see--as long as its close I'll be happy. Had a few minutes to swap out the chrome lugs for black ones. Its been pretty well documented, but when you use AM's acorn lugs you can see some of the chrome in the lug holes peaking through. If you go with the larger Gorilla or Mcgard lugs this is not a problem, however they cost 45 and 85 dollars, respectively, over the AM lugs. To me I would rather spend those dollars elsewhere...
mms_img740915070.jpg
mms_img-1124862172.jpg

OP
OP
96MUSTANG06

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Black Gold!

So my 8 days of vacation is over, but the Mustang is still in the garage with the front fascia off lol. I may have goofed around a few of those day, but it was glorious. Should have pics of the custom flat black hex mesh grill here in a couple of days. Today I wanted to show off the work of Advance Tech Collision here in Santa Rosa CA. When I dropped off the heat extractors my expectations were that they would be painted black and would have some gloss to them. What I received were a couple of heat extractor that looked like they were molded in the purest of black finishes. It is absolutely spectacular what Kari and her guys were able to accomplish on these molded textured pieces! I should have installed pics up next week...
IMG_20160120_151834.jpg

OP
OP
96MUSTANG06

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Lights Out!

I have all my Diode Dynamic lights installed! Here are the before and after shots of the interior. The install was pretty straight forward except for the glove box. I couldn't fit my shoulders in at an angle that would allow me to see so I blew an interior fuse (on the passenger mat in the 2nd photo :doh:) and may have gotten a little bit irritated with it, but once it was in it looked great! I will post pics of the 4th taillight at some point, but really everyone knows what it looks like lol. The extra functions are really cool, and with the sequencers, using remote start gives you a bit of a light show to enjoy as you are walking up to your rig.
DSC_0573.JPG
DSC_0579.JPG

OP
OP
96MUSTANG06

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Throw a Couple Steaks on the Grill!

Last week I completed the installation on my hex mesh grill. It looks great and I am very happy with how it came out. Here are a few tips if you are going to make a run at it.

1. Make sure to tape up your front fascia with paper or shop towels or something. It is a bitch taking the grills out and you could damage your fascia while wrestling with them.

2. Once you have the grills out take the time to sand down the clips that attach them. The grills must have been installed when the paint was still drying and you won't get a positive lock when you try to reinstall your grill if you haven't put a little work in on them.

3. Choose the proper cutting tool to cut out your grill frames, and take your time. A dremel may seem like a good idea, but unless you have a really heavy duty one it is not going to cut it. Also, find a good metal blade--the plastic is really dense and has a tendency to melt more than cut.

4. Unless you are really experienced cutting plastic by hand, or just extremely lucky, your cut is going to leave some uneven edges. Have a sanding block ready with some 60, 180, and 500 grit paper. Work the plastic until its uniform. It shows prominently if the plastic is all wavy gravy.

5. If you want to mount an emblem buy, or make, some good emblem mounts. I actually did both. I modified some electrical mounts I found at home depot, but the day after received the mounts I purchased from Space City Spy. They worked really well after being trimmed down to size. The zip ties that you thread in work perfectly for the mesh grill. I used 3 to mount the pony. I hit them with 60 grit on the contact side and did the same thing to the back of the pony to provide a good bonding surface for the 3m tape. After taping it together I ran a bead of glue around the perimeter of the tape to try to keep as much moisture out as possible. It should last years, but maybe not for the life of the vehicle. We'll see...

I'll post some more pics when I get a chance the light wasn't perfect that day to really show the grill and emblem, but we'll take what we can get in rainy nor-cal...
DSC_0595.JPG
DSC_0597.JPG
IMG_20160124_141945.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP
96MUSTANG06

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Heat extracted!

Well--here they are--nothing that hasn't hit the internets before, but I am extremely happy with the how extractors themselves look. The Roush install instructions are shit and their paper template is crap, but I knew that going in. When I have time I am going to make another template and drill two more holes in the center to hold it down more firmly (purely for appearance), and install some sort of weather stripping to keep water out... Overall it turned out well, so I am not in a huge hurry to fool with it just yet...
DSC_0603.JPG
IMG_20160124_141915.JPG

OP
OP
96MUSTANG06

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Emblem Mounts

I took the facia off this weekend to make some adjustments to the custom grill I installed a few weeks back. I had an opportunity to shoot a pic of the emblem mounts tucked into the black running pony. I would highly recommend using these mounts if you want a custom grill with any type of emblem. They can be cut or shaped to fit just about any application... I want to thank Nathanbrummer@SCS for designing these mounts and selling them for an extremely reasonable price!
DSC_0663.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
96MUSTANG06

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Time to Shine!

The products I ordered to detail the exterior of my rig arrived today. Hopefully, if the weather holds, I will have some pics of the car and a review of the products on Monday...

3D
Water Spot Eraser
Pink Car Soap (neutralizer)

Meguiar's
Clay Bar Kit
Scratch Remover
Polish
Sealant Wax
Black Sealant Wax
Carnauba Wax
IMG_20160301_154201.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
96MUSTANG06

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well Worth It!

So this weekend I applied a water spot removing gel to the whole vehicle, clay barred it, used a scratch removing polish on the hood, roof, and trunk lid, polished the car, put on two coats of synthetic sealer, and a thick as butter coat of carnauba! It was all done by hand with micro fiber pads and towels. I used a criss cross pattern during the entire process. It took about 11 hours to complete. You probably couldn't pay someone to do this all for you by hand, and there is a reason why (their arm will damn near fall off lol). You can't get a deeper richer luster in your paint any other way than with a quality hand polish and wax. There will be more pictures coming once the sun comes out here in Nor Cal, but for now drink it in!!!
IMG_20160307_141904.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
96MUSTANG06

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Cool little touch

I picked up these cool little interior storage mats. There is one for each door, the cup holders, the glove box, and the storage below the stereo. They are a nice touch with the redline interior...
DSC_0808.JPG
DSC_0807.JPG
DSC_0802.JPG
DSC_0812.JPG
Sponsored