Sponsored

Abuch91's Ruby Red GT

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Hey all, I am making this thread to document my progress so it is all in one place. In November I picked up a 2016 Ruby Red GT with PP and Recaros...and I love it!!

Plans are nothing major, as this is my daily for now. I got extremely lucky and a buddy of mine is a Ford salesman. We searched a large radius to find this car and went to the dealership the day it touched the ground. I drove her back 150+ miles to the transfer dealership and signed the papers! Was a great day :D

Picking her up

Driving to my friend's dealership

After PDI and the papers were all signed :D

Base Interior with Recaros and All-Weather mats

After her first bath

I decided my first two mods were immediately necessary..picked up a UPR catch can and a STO N SHO front plate bracket.

Catch can after 1000 miles :O

Side profile of the STO N SHO

Aerial View

Here you can see it installed

So my great father gifted me with a window tint voucher for Christmas- how thoughtful! I went 30% all around in the Pinnacle Formula 1 Comfort Series tint. I was excited !!

Now- there are two major things that need addressing. The ride height, and the lack of volume from the exhaust.

To remedy this- I have BMR performance springs on order, as well as the Motorsport Tech 23 + 25 MM Spacers from the group buy. Hopefully I will have this installed in the next week or so.

Plans are to go with the Corsa Extreme around March/April.

Thanks for stopping by!:cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Awesome car. Love Ruby Red!

OP
OP
abuch91

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Thanks guys!!

So in order to celebrate making it through Christmas season, I've finally splurged a little bit on my car. In addition to the springs and spacers, I ordered front camber bolts, RP Synchromesh trans fluid, and Steeda Ultralite Jacking rails, and Washington Capitals plates. This should hold me over for a few more months!

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Got the answer to my question here. Good looking ride! I'm going to be doing suspension too here in the next couple of months--it seems the alignment is the toughest part to get right. I'll be interested to hear how your setup comes together. I'm sure it will be bad ass!

Sponsored

OP
OP
abuch91

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Got the answer to my question here. Good looking ride! I'm going to be doing suspension too here in the next couple of months--it seems the alignment is the toughest part to get right. I'll be interested to hear how your setup comes together. I'm sure it will be bad ass!
Thanks! I just got the email that my springs have shipped out. Just out of curiosity and for others who may be wondering the same, what was your question?

I knew I wanted a linear spring setup, and I was hard pressed between the steeda ultralites and the BMR performance springs. I decided to go with the BMR because I was reading about how well the Steeda's pair up with the FRPP struts, and I didn't want to replace the struts on my 2 month old car. BMR's springs are about the same rates as the PP springs so hopefully they will pair nicely. I think between the drop and the spacers, the car will look good.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
abuch91

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
So I've been wanting to make an update, but things have been crazy with the snowstorm and other life events. I have BMR Performance springs, Royal Purple Trans Fluid, Camber Bolts, and Spacers to hopefully install this weekend.

Last weekend I installed my steeda jacking rails.

She went from enjoying the nice weather

To huddling up during the blizzard

So today I received these beauties in the mail. Motorsport Tech spacers from the group buy! These things are serious quality.

Also...I have another surprise coming thanks to [MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] from Hypermotive :)

OP
OP
abuch91

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I'm enjoying this more than Christmas...Something a little extreme arrived today

OP
OP
abuch91

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Got my springs, spacers, and Corsa Xtreme Installed. I'm in love

Sponsored