MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Had some extensive time in a 2023 Camaro this week. Rented an SS when I was in Atlanta for work. It had been a while but I forgot how much better the shift logic is in Chevy’s 10 speed than Ford’s. I have few complaints about my car but the shift logic in the A10 is one of them. The Alpha chassis was great as usual as well.

BUT, the visibility was just as bad as I remember.
Sponsored

Virnman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Premium Vert 401A A10
Vehicle Showcase
Had some extensive time in a 2023 Camaro this week. Rented an SS when I was in Atlanta for work. It had been a while but I forgot how much better the shift logic is in Chevy’s 10 speed than Ford’s. I have few complaints about my car but the shift logic in the A10 is one of them. The Alpha chassis was great as usual as well.

BUT, the visibility was just as bad as I remember.
I’m friends with a GM dealer up in Oregon where I’m from…sooo he tried to put me in a Camaro SS vert instead of another Mustang. Did the cars I tested drive and handle great? Yes! I loved the factory suspension for sure. But the windshield rake was bad, I felt cramped (I’m 6’1”), cup holders were oddly set back, virtually no trunk space with the top down and couldn’t see out the back with the top up. I told him it was just a bad fit for me because the Mustang is big and roomy up front. He said ‘yeah me too, being 6’3” they’re even worse for me.’ 🤣😂🤣

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
And the idiots who killed Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saab, and Saturn continue to show how shortsighted and stupid they are.

The Camaro, Corvette, and some of the high performance Cadillacs or the only thing that make GM cars interesting.

It's a shame. The Camaro was finally looking pretty decent even though it had a hard interior.

I was a hardcore Oldsmobile fan for years. In fact between my father and I we had a Cutlass two-door coupe in our family from 1968 all the way up until 2020 when I sold my G body 442.

Hard to say exactly, but if there was a firebird version of the Camaro when I bought my bullitt I likely would be driving that.

GM is so short-sighted. I would not be sad at all if they went Belly up. Yes it's true that Chrysler has also moved away from the pony car formula, but at least they are signaling there will be some type of replacement for the Challenger.

I've never been nor likely will I ever be a Ford guy but you have to respect the company that commits itself to the development and advancement of V8 front engines rear wheel drive performance cars.
1970 442 post coupe W29 with LOL…HUBCAPS from the factory.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I’m friends with a GM dealer up in Oregon where I’m from…sooo he tried to put me in a Camaro SS vert instead of another Mustang. Did the cars I tested drive and handle great? Yes! I loved the factory suspension for sure. But the windshield rake was bad, I felt cramped (I’m 6’1”), cup holders were oddly set back, virtually no trunk space with the top down and couldn’t see out the back with the top up. I told him it was just a bad fit for me because the Mustang is big and roomy up front. He said ‘yeah me too, being 6’3” they’re even worse for me.’ 🤣😂🤣
Odd I didn't notice much difference. I am a long torso 6'4", and in both cars my head is jammed into the roof, and I have to recline the seats a bit too much to fit reasonably well.

But the Camaro has better steering feel (which the new S650 seems to have made worse), and the 1LE is (was) the best track ready car on a budget.

P.S. Anyone else think the S650 looks like a S550 and a Camaro had a baby?

Virnman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Premium Vert 401A A10
Vehicle Showcase
Odd I didn't notice much difference. I am a long torso 6'4", and in both cars my head is jammed into the roof, and I have to recline the seats a bit too much to fit reasonably well.

But the Camaro has better steering feel (which the new S650 seems to have made worse), and the 1LE is (was) the best track ready car on a budget.

Not really, everyone’s built a bit differently. I’m the opposite…long legs - short torso. I just fit much better in one vs the other. My buddy is 6’5” and dailies a C6 and loves it….I feel claustrophobic in it 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
No. I really don’t understand the S650 and Camaro comparisons at all. There’s a comparison of all the Mustang fastback body styles over the years and S650 fits right in. I’ll see if I can find it again and post it. I’ve posted it here but I don’t recall which thread it was in

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
The entire segment exists because of the Mustang and hopefully it's existence continues and forces Chevy to produce something. I love my Camaro but am disheartened that gm has given up on the segment and the next thing named Camaro will most likely be an EV. Worst case an SUV.

Dodge is giving us another Charger and although the EV version weighs 5800lbs they're offering an ICE version that should weigh less and be closer to a traditional muscle car (sound and maybe a manual). I hope Chevy can find room in their lineup for a Camaro that offers a small block V8 and a manual. Not a big ask until recently and if Ford is the only manufacturer offering this at an attainable price they deserve all the business.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

No, I don't think the S650 looks like a Camaro at all. I always assume that people who say that are Chevy people trying to give Ford people a hard time, because I don't understand any other motivation or reason for it.

I'm 6'4" as well and the Camaro is tighter for me than the Mustang. Less head room, less leg room. The seat back doesn't recline as much as I would like it to, whereas in the Mustang there's a lot more flexibility to get a comfortable position.

And the Camaro does feel smaller due to the high doors, low roof, and large A pillars. I like how low the seats are in the car, though. It feels safe. The down side is it's really tough to see behind you in that car. Comparatively the Mustang greenhouse feels huge.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Here it is. They overlayed the S650 over the classic fastback body. There’s another one where they overlay each generation of fastback but I can’t seem to find it at the moment

IMG_2211.jpeg
Sponsored