OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I am guessing this happened because of your recent track sessions. The mpg / miles till empty got beaten up and need a few more cycles to relearn. I wouldn't worry about it.
I agree it absolutely has it skewed a bit but I have run 3 tanks since then. Maybe it takes a few more.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree it absolutely has it skewed a bit but I have run 3 tanks since then. Maybe it takes a few more.
Running on track will impact how many miles the computer says the car can travel before the tank runs empty, but it won't change how much fuel is in the tank when the computer says you have 0 miles left.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Running on track will impact how many miles the computer says the car can travel before the tank runs empty, but it won't change how much fuel is in the tank when the computer says you have 0 miles left.
Is that like who's on first??? LOL.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Alright, it's time for Opinion C: The One-upmanship.

I don't let the tank get below half, so I haven't had the light come on :crackup:
That's cute. I fill up at 3/4 of a tank and not a drop less 🙃

Opinion D: The One-up-the-one-upmanship.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
Option E: Oh it's on!

I contract a fuel truck to drive around with me for refueling in motion at 7/8's.
Option F:

Ford put the "Towing" section in the manual just for me, so I can tow a fuel tanker and constantly fuel my car while I drive. The tank is always full.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Option F:

Ford put the "Towing" section in the manual just for me, so I can tow a fuel tanker and constantly fuel my car while I drive. The tank is always full.
Option G:

I bought a 1,000 gallon fuel tank and have it in the back yard with a fuel line running directly to the car. Since I never drive my garage queen, on the rare occasion I do start it, I have fuel pumping into it so the tank is always 100% full thus never having to fret over the miles to empty warning or the fuel pump over heating.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
Option G:

I bought a 1,000 gallon fuel tank and have it in the back yard with a fuel line running directly to the car. Since I never drive my garage queen, on the rare occasion I do start it, I have fuel pumping into it so the tank is always 100% full thus never having to fret over the miles to empty warning or the fuel pump over heating.
I can't compete with that. You win :clap:

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't compete with that. You win :clap:
And I don’t have to worry about putting those pesky miles on the car. Reminds me of one of the funniest meme I’ve seen.

F9DA9C29-F1F9-4436-BB8C-B193D066B257.jpeg

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
@Houston Kid ... that meme supports why I won't let anyone else "drive my car".

@Jmeo - I had to re-read your comment like 3 times... I thought you were saying you got turned down for hand job modeling... which seems weird you would want the gig in the first place... but then I thought about this thread, read some of the "logic", and decided that maybe it wasn't that strange after all... to each his own.

Sponsored

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
And how is that? Because I actually track the car and push it and like to have an accurate representation of current fuel level. Explain to me how having a car that says zero miles to empty when in fact it’s closer to 50 miles is ok?
Really, explain that to me because apparently having a very inaccurate gas gauge is ok with you. 1/8 tank really means 1/4 but because there are idiots out there that cannot figure out when the car is actually empty, let’s put an idiot light that says 0 miles to empty on the car.
Do you not see the flawed logic there? I now know that with a slight difference between the gauge indicator and E, I have approximately one gallon of gas left.
Allow me to understand how having such a dramatic discrepancy is acceptable. I understand 10 or 15 miles, but over 40 and very well likely 50 miles is ok. How can you justify that as acceptable?

I guess y’all feel almost is good enough.
Keep arguing with that guy, he'll make sure to let you know he works for DOD and a radar tech and much smarter than you. There's not winning against that..

My GT pops the light for 50 miles to E at 1/4 tank, shows 0 miles to E at 1/8th tank like yours. It's odd that it shows 0 miles to e when the Guage itself isn't on E yet. They just don't coincide with each other.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
@Jmeo - I had to re-read your comment like 3 times... I thought you were saying you got turned down for hand job modeling... which seems weird you would want the gig in the first place... but then I thought about this thread, read some of the "logic", and decided that maybe it wasn't that strange after all... to each his own.
I see you have been Googleing me..............

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
SMGDH. It is standard to show 0 miles to E when the fuel is at a level that it cannot be read properly or properly calculated. That is normally when you are less than 2 gallons in the tank or have roughly 40-50 miles remaining. This is nothing new. My old F-150 would read to 50 miles remaining and after that the light would come on and it would read as empty. So you do not need a calibration. You just need to educate yourself.

Also it is not a good idea to drive it at those speeds with such a small amount of gas remaining. Unless you want to damage your engine or fuel system. Such a low level of fuel could cause extra strain on your fuel pump, overheating of the fuel pump, or going around a curve or an upgrade could cause less fuel to make it to the pump and you can lean out. Less fuel will have less gravity and will also heat up much faster. When you are less than 1/4 tank on a forced induction high performance engine, you should really be driving it easy. This car is way to expensive to be fooling around with like this. Treat it with respect and you'll get to enjoy it for a long time. Keep doing stuff like this and you'll end up needing a new engine.
Yep, normal with all of my cars.
Sponsored