OP
fishpick

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
Car goes in Monday for repair. Short version is they have to basically “paint” 1/2 the damn side to blend all the layers and coats after they wet sand it all with 1000 to get off the ceramic and peel the PPF off that had nothing to do with the impact zone. Solid week of work.
I’m gonna meet the paint guy when I drop it off at the shop and hold up a crisp $100 and tell him - if I can’t see any blend lines, in addition to what the shop is getting paid - that $100 is his.
Im also sending the shop lunch on day2 as well

can’t hurt at this point.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Best of luck. I have a good feeling things will turn out to your liking. Oh, good plan with food and money. You’d be surprised what people (self included) would do for food and money, lol.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I need a cold beer :beer: ............... :crackup: :bow:

OP
OP
fishpick

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car dropped off this am... asked for painter.

He came out - looked so young he might not be legal to drink...

I told him if, when I inspect the car on delivery, I can't tell anything was painted, blends are seamless ,not over spray, meets the factory orange peel... There's $200 cash in it just for him.

He told me to forget it - he's the owners son, been painting these tri coats since he was 12 - this is easy - no worries... he then talked me through everything again... super nice dude. Not over confident - just knows his shit and made me feel way better. After I walked to the front end guy again and said I wanted to buy lunch for the crew working on my car today or tomorrow - he laughed and said I don't have to.

I can't give money away to these guys!

Anyhow - 3-4 days they said - and the car will be locked up inside every day until I come get it.

Now the waiting begins...

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

I told him if, when I inspect the car on delivery, I can't tell anything was painted, blends are seamless ,not over spray, meets the factory orange peel... There's $200 cash in it just for him.

He told me to forget it - he's the owners son, been painting these tri coats since he was 12 - this is easy - no worries... he then talked me through everything again... super nice dude. Not over confident - just knows his shit and made me feel way better. After I walked to the front end guy again and said I wanted to buy lunch for the crew working on my car today or tomorrow - he laughed and said I don't have to.

Anyhow - 3-4 days they said - and the car will be locked up inside every day until I come get it.

You can't give them money because the insurance company is already lining their pockets till it's overflowing. Body shops make bucks.

Sorry about your car. It will be fine in the end. Life is short, you won't even notice it when you're ripping around town again in sport mode.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912

Great to hear. Seems harder and harder to get this level of competence and confidence these days. Not sure if it would violate Forum policy, but care to share the name of the shop and location?

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Good shops take pride in their work. Believe it or not, the ins companies now days are just as picky if not more so than you or I. It is their money and ultimately the stockholders. They do not want the blow back from shoddy work.

OP
OP
fishpick

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great to hear. Seems harder and harder to get this level of competence and confidence these days. Not sure if it would violate Forum policy, but care to share the name of the shop and location?
Let's wait until we see how the car actually looks...

Good shops take pride in their work. Believe it or not, the ins companies now days are just as picky if not more so than you or I. It is their money and ultimately the stockholders. They do not want the blow back from shoddy work.
This is not an insurance job - I wasn't going to pay the deductible which is about half the cost of the repair to have it marked on the carfax as an accident - when it's a pair paint chips, nothing more... and then lose 10% of the value some day down the road because "it's got a carfax".

I swear CarFax was created BY insurance companies just for this reason... to get you to NOT use something you pay for.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You stole my second quoted line!! LOL
A couple years ago - we were having Christmas dinner at the local Chinese restaurant, at the bar. TV was on and Christmas story was playing...it was near the end so we were watching them eat Christmas dinner at the Chinese restaurant...the most non-politically-correct moments...and I felt a little weird.

Sponsored

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Every little nick matters to me. Was driving on the freeway when someone hit a 4x4 breaking it in half and sending a piece flying straight at me.

20210916_072859.jpg

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Let's wait until we see how the car actually looks...

This is not an insurance job - I wasn't going to pay the deductible which is about half the cost of the repair to have it marked on the carfax as an accident - when it's a pair paint chips, nothing more... and then lose 10% of the value some day down the road because "it's got a carfax".

I swear CarFax was created BY insurance companies just for this reason... to get you to NOT use something you pay for.
Carfax is actually a dealer supported thing. Designed as a sales tool. I carry zero deductible. Where I am the cost difference is not that great over 12 mos. Sadly, our highways in TX are becoming repositories for a multitude of car parts and tire/wheel assy's.

OP
OP
fishpick

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@cactus_kid - if dealers support it then it’s worse than insurance supporting it for anything other than screwing “the little people”.

as for insurance costs…. NY State baby.The knife they slit your wallet with is long enough to get your balls too…. Great place to live… school taxes were “only” $14K on our small home and 34 rural acres…

I’m miserable today. Don’t get me going…

2015Pumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
A couple years ago - we were having Christmas dinner at the local Chinese restaurant, at the bar. TV was on and Christmas story was playing...it was near the end so we were watching them eat Christmas dinner at the Chinese restaurant...the most non-politically-correct moments...and I felt a little weird.
NO. WAY!!!! Talk about life imitating art!!!! OMG!!! Too funny!!