Sponsored

How many 2020 GT500 guys are members of this forum?

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT 5.0 A-10 Whipple Charged 989 RWHP....2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Your number 6 built thats whats makes your car super special.
thank you very much..
I purchased it just a month ago knowing that is was a ford rep car being used for show and tell. It also is one of the cars that was in Las Vegas when they had that track day and sting mode was there I’d like to get more history on it. I also thing one of the big magazines had is as well

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
thank you very much..
I purchased it just a month ago knowing that is was a ford rep car being used for show and tell. It also is one of the cars that was in Las Vegas when they had that track day and sting mode was there I’d like to get more history on it. I also thing one of the big magazines had is as well
This is truly awesome information and once again you have a very special car and if you are able to keep very low and I mean very low miles on her that is huge. And how many miles on her?

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is truly awesome information and once again you have a very special car and if you are able to keep very low and I mean very low miles on her that is huge. And how many miles on her?
I purchased it a month ago with 8100 Current is 8200 she jus sits in the garage and gets admired by friends a family. Lol she’s a base model stripe delete and track pack still haven’t and not going to install the flaps or catch can.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
#6 on it's own is pretty interesting, but low mileage isn't going to make it worth any more than the other 5,000 cars. Enjoy the car, and drive it as often as you want.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Maybe someone can help on the issue I’m having ??
Ok Is the chasis or vin number the build# example my car has chasis L0006. Vin 00096 is it the 96th or the 6th 2020 GT500 built of the 5000 said being built. ?? Help
L0006 means that your car was the 6th to roll off the line in normal production. Special? Not really. Interesting and desirable? Yes. Special would be L0001. Any TT car would be very very rare.

You just so happen to have a very early production car that is usually associated with a VIP build. If you are the original owner and it was a VIP build, you would know about it because you would have had to sign an agreement not to sell the car for a predetermined amount of time (I vaguely recall it is 2 years).

So enjoy your car. It is unique in that it is an early example. Certainly interesting.

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
L0006 means that your car was the 6th to roll off the line in normal production. Special? Not really. Interesting and desirable? Yes. Special would be L0001. Any TT car would be very very rare.

You just so happen to have a very early production car that is usually associated with a VIP build. If you are the original owner and it was a VIP build, you would know about it because you would have had to sign an agreement not to sell the car for a predetermined amount of time (I vaguely recall it is 2 years).

So enjoy your car. It is unique in that it is an early example. Certainly interesting.
Interesting. I have a VIP build and don't remember signing anything that says I can't sell for 2 years. I know the Ford GT program had something like that (was offered that program but it is way out of my price range). Not saying you're wrong by any means just don't remember that stipulation.

To be completely honest I thought about selling the car for a hot minute when I saw what they were being advertised for. Then I drove it and realized I didn't need the money - I'd rather have the car. Been worth every penny thus far.

Other interesting point about the VIP - I really thought I'd get my car super early but didn't get it until mid-summer. Buddy of mine submitted the same form at the same time and had his last NOVEMBER! Not having the car for another 8 months after that was torture.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Interesting. I have a VIP build and don't remember signing anything that says I can't sell for 2 years. I know the Ford GT program had something like that (was offered that program but it is way out of my price range). Not saying you're wrong by any means just don't remember that stipulation.

To be completely honest I thought about selling the car for a hot minute when I saw what they were being advertised for. Then I drove it and realized I didn't need the money - I'd rather have the car. Been worth every penny thus far.

Other interesting point about the VIP - I really thought I'd get my car super early but didn't get it until mid-summer. Buddy of mine submitted the same form at the same time and had his last NOVEMBER! Not having the car for another 8 months after that was torture.
Let me see if I can find the photos, hold on.

Here you go.

If you had a real VIP allocation, there should have been paperwork that goes along with it. There is a definite agreement that is pretty standard. I don't think that agreement has changed in a while.

VIP.2.jpg
VIP2.2.jpg

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
A VIP audit (build) is not the same as a VIP allocation.

If you had a VIP allocation, you would have had to agree to similar terms and conditions unless you are real good friends with someone.

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT

If you had a VIP allocation, you would have had to agree to similar terms and conditions unless you are real good friends with someone.
How can somebody get these? Any suggestions? I’d like to see if Ford has any 2019’s or 20’s GT 350 R or non? Thanks. Been in a cave for sometime but have been enjoying my 20 GT 500 and my 19 BULLITT that I’ve finally decided to sell with a bit of only 3k miles on it. Been focusing on cold weather

Sponsored

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Yes you are correct when you say must have a really good friend or actually know someone in the right place is the case here my vehicle L0006 was a ford VIP car and was never registered to anyone but ford themselves as said in late 19 early 20 that ford was going to keep and not sell numbers 2-15 as the Jackson family purchased #1 and then there after they also purchased #2 so ford had #3-15 for a while and in mid 2020 L0006 and 00015 ended up in a private ford auction the owner of the dealer I bought #6 from had a relationship with someone at ford and was invided to purchase up to 3 personal use vehicles he got away with #6-#15 being sublime green Carbon fiber car. That was next to my car at purchase time with a sold sign on it. I’m guessing with Covid issue and being a small dealer in the middle of nowhere there was a time for me to get exactly what I wanted at the right time and a below MSRP GT500 that’s unheard of. Lol

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Yes you are correct when you say must have a really good friend or actually know someone in the right place is the case here my vehicle L0006 was a ford VIP car and was never registered to anyone but ford themselves as said in late 19 early 20 that ford was going to keep and not sell numbers 2-15 as the Jackson family purchased #1 and then there after they also purchased #2 so ford had #3-15 for a while and in mid 2020 L0006 and 00015 ended up in a private ford auction the owner of the dealer I bought #6 from had a relationship with someone at ford and was invited to purchase up to 3 personal use vehicles he got away with #6-#15 being sublime green Carbon fiber car. That was next to my car at purchase time with a sold sign on it. I’m guessing with Covid issue and being a small dealer in the middle of nowhere there was a time for me to get exactly what I wanted at the right time and a below MSRP GT500 that’s unheard of. Lol
What is the chassis number on your car?

If I am correct , your car was ordered though Blackwell Ford.

Last edited:

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score