Sponsored

Resonators or mufflers for flowmaster outlaw?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tae
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
So I have 2016 Mustang GT that I just put Kooks long tube headers on(high flow cats) and Flowmaster outlaw exhaust on, it already has a Roush h pipe, airaid closed box cai, 47lb injectors, 3.55 rear differential and a Lund tune, I’m loving the sound of it but was just looking to make it slightly deeper, get rid of some of the drone and rasp. So I was thinking of putting on some bullet resonators or mufflers just after the h pipe to maybe get rid of that drone, tame the sound just slightly and turn down the raspiness, was wondering if anybody has any good picks as far as that goes or if any has done anything like this setup. I’ve been looking at either slp loudmouth 1 resonators or loudmouth 2 mufflers or the dynomax race mufflers. Was wondering should I go with the resonators to do what I’m tryna accomplish or with the bullet mufflers?
I’ve been through the gambit with exhausts lol tryna find the perfect sound
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I've had good luck with bullet resonators in the past on other cars.

I'm actually putting on a pair of Pypes M80 bullet resonators on my car in the upcoming week to tame alot of rasp on the current setup. I'll let you know how that works out specifically on the Coyote.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tae
Vehicle(s)
Oh yea that’s another one I’ve heard about too, yea please let me know when you do, ima let these break in for a couple weeks to see if they change a bit but most likely still going with one of the loudmouths or the m80, do the m80s cut down on sound and drone as well?

I've had good luck with bullet resonators in the past on other cars.

I'm actually putting on a pair of Pypes M80 bullet resonators on my car in the upcoming week to tame alot of rasp on the current setup. I'll let you know how that works out specifically on the Coyote.
a l

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
do the m80s cut down on sound and drone as well?
They are all basically the same thing. The round bullet resonators mainly affect rasp and drone, they don't have as much of an effect on overall volume. For that, you'd need something bigger physically, like a 5" round muffler or a dual in/out suitcase type resonator from Borla/Magnaflow.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tae
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks, I’m not too worried about the volume but definitely wanna take that drone and raspiness, are the slp loudmouths 1 resonators and loudmouth 2 mufflers the same thing pretty much?

They are all basically the same thing. The round bullet resonators mainly affect rasp and drone, they don't have as much of an effect on overall volume. For that, you'd need something bigger physically, like a 5" round muffler or a dual in/out suitcase type resonator from Borla/Magnaflow.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Ok thanks, I’m not too worried about the volume but definitely wanna take that drone and raspiness, are the slp loudmouths 1 resonators and loudmouth 2 mufflers the same thing pretty much?
Yes, the LM2s are a bigger unit and will make more of a difference especially in rasp/drone. Not much going on in the LM1s, those barely pass for anything more than a straight pipe.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tae
Vehicle(s)
Ohhh ok I understand now, ok so in your opinion would it be better to go with the lm2 or the m80? My decision is between those 2 now

Yes, the LM2s are a bigger unit and will make more of a difference especially in rasp/drone. Not much going on in the LM1s, those barely pass for anything more than a straight pipe.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
ok so in your opinion would it be better to go with the lm2 or the m80
With headers and aftermarket mufflers...yeah you'll need all the help you can get.

If you still had stock cats and stock mufflers I'd say the LM1s would be enough to tame the exhaust.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
So I have 2016 Mustang GT that I just put Kooks long tube headers on(high flow cats) and Flowmaster outlaw exhaust on, it already has a Roush h pipe, airaid closed box cai, 47lb injectors, 3.55 rear differential and a Lund tune, I’m loving the sound of it but was just looking to make it slightly deeper, get rid of some of the drone and rasp. So I was thinking of putting on some bullet resonators or mufflers just after the h pipe to maybe get rid of that drone, tame the sound just slightly and turn down the raspiness, was wondering if anybody has any good picks as far as that goes or if any has done anything like this setup. I’ve been looking at either slp loudmouth 1 resonators or loudmouth 2 mufflers or the dynomax race mufflers. Was wondering should I go with the resonators to do what I’m tryna accomplish or with the bullet mufflers?
I’ve been through the gambit with exhausts lol tryna find the perfect sound
Weld some Vibrant bullet style resonators on your exhaust, that should do the trick.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tae
Vehicle(s)
I heard the vibrant ones weren’t that good tho, at least from the people I’ve seen review it

Sponsored
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tae
Vehicle(s)
I’m wondering how the sr performance muffler deletes would compare sound wise to the flow master outlaw? Maybe deeper and louder, then put on m80s after the h pipe to get rid of rasp and drone

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
LM1 are drone central, and between 3-4500 RPM you cannot hear yourself think.

They were on my 03 Mach when I bought it. The exhaust was LTH, Off road H pipe and the LM1.

I added cats and changed to the powerflo muffler and it was a great sounding car.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Flowmasters have always droned like crazy. By just swapping out the flows for Borla, corsa, or one of the other “no drone” mufflers that will solve all the problems. Going with a muffler delete with the rest of your setup will also drone badly. Have had a bunch of setups and realized the expensive mufflers are expensive for a reason.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tae
Vehicle(s)
Yea I’ve tried a number of different setups, still tryna find the perfect sound, I know the coyote motor is raspy so I’m tryna tame that as much as possible, that’s why I’m thinking a muffler delete but add the m80s or loudmouth 2s, I already have catted long tube headers and a h pipe
Flowmasters have always droned like crazy. By just swapping out the flows for Borla, corsa, or one of the other “no drone” mufflers that will solve all the problems. Going with a muffler delete with the rest of your setup will also drone badly. Have had a bunch of setups and realized the expensive mufflers are expensive for a reason.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
that’s why I’m thinking a muffler delete but add the m80s or loudmouth 2s
That's going backwards if you're worried about rasp. Adding the resonator is 1 step forward but deleting (even Flowmasters) is then 2 steps backwards.
Sponsored