Flowmaster Outlaw Axleback with Flowmaster Scavenger X-Pipe Question

jbfj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/PP 6spd
Anyone running the Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Back with the Flowmaster Scavenger Series Resonator Delete X-Pipe? How is the drone? Is it obnoxiously loud? Any and all thoughts/comments are appreciated.
Sponsored

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
The drone is bad, not gonna lie. Love the sound of the exhaust but on the highway it's terrible. 2K is the worst drone spot and you'll have to raise your voice to talk over it. I'm going to have to change it this summer, I think I've finally had enough. During the summer with the windows down, its amazing. During the winter with them up, I want to bang my head on the steering wheel.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Would be straight drone masters for sure.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
I had the Outlaw's on my 2018, they have ear bleed drone fer' sure.

I added a Vibrant resonator as a Helmholtz chamber and that killed the drone and added a little tone.

I initially installed the catback on the stock cat pipes and it was loud, I installed MBRP headers and that was crazy loud, I welded in a 3" Vibrant mid-mounted muffler and that dropped the volume a tad but really deepened the tone.

Sounded almost like my 3v with the Borla Stingers.

outlaw_helmholtz-resonator-jpg.jpg

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I added a Vibrant resonator as a Helmholtz chamber and that killed the drone and added a little tone.
Not in a million years would I be bothered to do that for some POS dronemasters haha

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Outlaw's on my 2018, they have ear bleed drone fer' sure.

I initially installed the catback on the stock cat pipes and it was loud, I installed MBRP headers and that was crazy loud, I welded in a 3" Vibrant mid-mounted muffler and that dropped the volume a tad but really deepened the tone.

Sounded almost like my 3v with the Borla Stingers.

outlaw_helmholtz-resonator-jpg.jpg
that's awesome!

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not in a million years would I be bothered to do that for some POS dronemasters haha
I agree, I would not pay 1100 or whatever they go for new knowing your ears are going to bleed.

Mine were pre-owned so I had less than 900 in that setup with welding in the Vibrants. I wasn't about to buy a new exhaust.

Like I said, with the drone gone and adding the mid mufflers those Outlaw's actually sounded very good for the couple months before it got hit.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that's awesome!
TY,

I used a Vibrant 2.5" bottle resonator for my chamber just to get them off my garage shelf. A 24" piece of pipe will work also.

Ayee__Jay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
From your perspective, I want to give you mine when I was in your position. I have Flowmaster Outlaws (active exhaust but always open) with a Steeda X pipe. I feel like the scavenger gives it a weaker type of volume (IMO) but the setup overall is loud. The drone was pretty bad for 2 weeks and after the break in period it went down a lot. At first I admit I almost took them off but later on like I said after they broke in I am used to the drone it has and its fine to me. Now when I get headers I know for sure I cannot have them on lol way too much drone but personally it isn't as bad as everyone sets it out to be. They sound crazy good though for just a x pipe and axleback.
Sponsored