Resonator Delete

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I got Aluminized H-pipe from CJ Pony Parts for $84 while it was on Labor Day sale. Sound great and no drone at all.

Here is the video.
I just did an H-pipe as well -went to a local custom exhaust shop and they did a 304SS H-Pipe that they welded in at the back and used the stock forward clamps for just over $150. It sounds GREAT, more low end rumble, a bit louder on cold start. Once you are cruising its really not much difference at all. I wonder why Ford even put the resonator on. :ford::headbonk:
Sponsored

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Hello all,

Can you do the resonator delete with the stock x pipe? Has anyone done this and how does it sound?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I run Roush axle-backs with a J&M X pipe (very good quality, 304 stainless, and only like $149). I did the Roush axle-back first, and added the X pipe about 2 weeks later. The X pipe made it MUCH louder. I enjoy it, and the sound gets tons of compliments. If I wanted something with less sound, I'd probably keep the stock mufflers and throw a J&M X-pipe on, it's cheap and should sound great.

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Twister Orange L0376
I did the MRT H-pipe right after I got my car. Nice deep tone at idle. Pleasant at cruise. Tinny and raspy at the higher end...not a good rasp. I didn't care for that aspect of it.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Hello all,

Can you do the resonator delete with the stock x pipe? Has anyone done this and how does it sound?
What do you mean? there is no stock x-pipe. Just the resonator.

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here's an example between Muffler Delete with Resonator and Muffler Delete with X-Pipe Resonator Delete. Pretty big difference!

[ame]

Blue 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Lethal H pipe with Roush axle backs. I love it. Only reason I would ever change it is if I went to quads.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Lethal H pipe with Roush axle backs. I love it. Only reason I would ever change it is if I went to quads.
Love that combo. Ran the same setup on our car early on and it sounded so damn good I didn't want to change it.

Sponsored

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
.....If I wanted something with less sound, I'd probably keep the stock mufflers and throw a J&M X-pipe on, it's cheap and should sound great.
I did the above. It was much better after removing the stock resonator and installing an X-pipe, but the stock mufflers were still way to subdued for my taste.

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Did the Steeda H-pipe with stock mufflers and it's very nice. About 10% louder, but that's subjective of course. No drone. When I first cranked it up the car was still on the lift and didn't sound any louder whatsoever. When the car was back on the ground, I noticed a difference then.

slammer223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2017 Mustang GT convertible
I was completely impressed with the Lethal H pipe resonator delete. It is a quality built piece. I am still running stock mufflers and the sound is perfect for me.

Blue 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
how loud is it?

Cold starts are pretty loud, but other than that it is just perfect for me. You can hear the exhaust when rowing through the gears but once in sixth gear and cruising you don't even know you have an aftermarket exhaust. I can try getting a personal video of mine if you like, but lethal performance has a great video ill embed for you below.

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited: