Sponsored

Resonator Delete poll

Resonator Delete: What have you done or plan to?

• Total voters

2023EGM1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1, 2019 Audi S4
Hi! I’m curious about what everyone is doing about resonator deletes in the Mach 1. I love the sound when rpms are over 4k, but would love some more V8 sounds down low (H-Pipe would be my choice) while keeping the active exhaust.

Steeda’s H-Pipe is a steal right now, so I’m close to pull the trigger soon.
Thanks!
Sponsored

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 17 F150, 00 MB C230 Kompressor
Steeda H pipe. Just put one on mine. Easy installation and zero complaints. Sounds awesome.

Edited: just noticed this is for a Mach 1. I have a run of the mill GT. That said, I still say just go for the H pipe, I doubt you’ll be unhappy

Last edited:

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
The steeda x pipe sounds wicked above 4k rpm. For whatever reason I can't upload a video of it at idle.

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Removed my poll after realizing its only for Mach 1 people, but I drive a H-pipe.

SkYLiNe00X

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GREG
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1 Premium 10-Speed
Is it notice the sound difference between X & H?

Understand everyone loves their decision. But I mean, do you all tested or heard both X & H sounds before you bet?

I'm curious what made you bet on one OVER the other?

I owned a 2015 GT and installed an X pipe with MagnaFlow exhaust; I love it.
Now 2022 MACH 1, I leave stock.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger

Understand everyone loves their decision. But I mean, do you all tested or heard both X & H sounds before you bet?

Steeda has a video comparison of stock vs their h vs their x. This is how I settled on the steeda x pipe

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I tried the Steeda X but didn't care for the sound. Bought a Summit H and modified it with one Vibrant resonator on the driver's side leg and love it.

IMG_4729.JPG

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

PERFORMANCE X pipe wins. The facts don't change from one model Mustang to the next.

OP
OP
2023EGM1

2023EGM1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1, 2019 Audi S4
Thanks for your votes and replies! I’m surprised H being almost 3x X-Pipes, I was expecting them to be closer and even X having some more votes.
When res delete vs keep stock I was expecting that 80/20 since Mustang owners and forum active people lean to mod prone owners. Just my thoughts of course.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I replaced mine with a Roush H pipe - my ears didn't like it on long drives, wound up putting a NEW factory resonator back on - mine had been thrown out - it was super super super quiet when the NEW resonator was installed vs. what it left the factory with - after a couple weeks it broke in, burned up some of the stuffing inside or something, because it returned to its previous noise level/sound....so that was interesting...and a wase of 1,000 dollars.

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
Hi! I’m curious about what everyone is doing about resonator deletes in the Mach 1. I love the sound when rpms are over 4k, but would love some more V8 sounds down low (H-Pipe would be my choice) while keeping the active exhaust.

Steeda’s H-Pipe is a steal right now, so I’m close to pull the trigger soon.
Thanks!
I think it comes down to personal preference... I first went with a muffler shop res delete and their own fabricated x pipe. Noticed what felt like a little more oomph wot but raspy. So, had a shop swap out the x for their own fabricated h pipe. Sounded great down lower rpm's (deeper tone) but felt sluggish like the exhaust was not flowing out as smoothly. So, I decided what the heck, and ordered an x pipe from Steeda. Big long box arrived on the front steps and the wife asked what it was.... Told her they were spatulas for my smoker LOL! Anyway, Love it. For me, the Steeda x pipe was a game changer for my Mach 1. To my ears, not raspy but instead growly. And, with the auto rev matching, downshifting at intersections creates a nice "bark" but not in a stupid annoying way. Side note, with active exhaust, I had to set it to quiet mode for cold starts because in any other mode it is very loud on cold start.
Sponsored