Sponsored

Reserving a Mach 1

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
this limited thing is absolutely Ford marketing BS. it's not even a Shelby; look how many GT350s were made despite being a limited production run. The Bullitt was supposed to be limited but it didn't sell well and there are so many leftover sitting at dealer lots. It might be the same with Mach 1 if Ford becomes too greedy and starts charging more than 55k.
I'm not talking seriously with any dealer since I still have my 2017 Mustang. I'll be damned if I'm even paying close to MSRP on one of these. If I have to, I will order one for the '22 model year and get 8-10k off MSRP.
I think it will be easily over $55K MSRP with the handling package and any technology extras. I also don't think you have any chance of ordering a 2022 model year Mach 1 for $8-10K off MSRP. You can't get $8-10K now off existing 2020 Bullitts that are already on dealer lots and 2020 is over half over. How do you think you will be able to order a 2022 Mach 1 and get $8-10K off MSRP?
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I think it will be easily over $55K MSRP with the handling package and any technology extras. I also don't think you have any chance of ordering a 2022 model year Mach 1 for $8-10K off MSRP. You can't get $8-10K now off existing 2020 Bullitts that are already on dealer lots and 2020 is over half over. How do you think you will be able to order a 2022 Mach 1 and get $8-10K off MSRP?
Bullitt's literally rotted on dealer lots and there's hardly any left now because they probably let them go over 10k off MSRP just to get rid of them.

With rebates, incentives, and private cash, it can be done. You just need to find a good dealer that will work with you. They exist.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Bullitt's literally rotted on dealer lots and there's hardly any left now because they probably let them go over 10k off MSRP just to get rid of them.

With rebates, incentives, and private cash, it can be done. You just need to find a good dealer that will work with you. They exist.
Bullitts were also little more than a Performance Pack 1 painted green with a $5k upcharge, it’s no surprise they didn’t sell

Ruby5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT, 50th Anniversary, Ruby Red
I was driving past the dealership that I bought my last two Mustang GT’s from (2012 and 2015) and decided to stop and inquire about a 2021 Mach 1. First, I asked a salesman and he didn’t have any information or was even aware of a Mach 1 and had never heard of one. Obviously a guy in his late 20’s and truly not a car guy. Strange since he is trying to sell them. So, then he said let’s go talk with the general manager, so we went inside and found him. I asked him about the car and the possibility of getting one for MSRP. He said they wouldn’t sell a limited edition car for MSRP. I explained to him Ford would make as many of these as they can sell, but he still stuck to his statement. As we were talking, I realized this guy really didn’t know what the hell he was talking about either. When pressed, he said he was unaware of any new Mustang coming out called a Mach 1. He was assuming it was going to be like the new Shelby GT 500. I told him the GT 350’s and the Bullitt‘s were going away and to be replaced with the Shelby GT500 and the Mach 1’s. He said Ford hadn’t told them anything yet. I explained that being the general manager and having sales people selling Mustangs; they should all be online in websites such as this one to stay up with the current news, not just about Mustangs, but also about their competitors cars so they could actually be knowledgeable about them and be able to explain the pro’s and con’s of each to customers. It `went over his head and he went to do something else. Needless to say, I won’t be doing business there anymore. I guess the average guy who goes to a dealership today just wants a car and could care less about having any knowledge associated with it. Hence, the salespeople that don’t know anything either. Such a shame

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to give $500 deposit and get 1st allocation at my local dealer. He guaranteed me via email no markup. I did this when the car was 1st announced few months ago

Sponsored

OP
OP

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
There seems to be 2 types of dealers regarding the Mach 1. The dealers that know about it and are already asking ADM (if they’ll even take a deposit), and the ones that have no clue. I’m expecting $55-60k for a HP with the accent package MSRP. Since they closed the books on the PP cars, the buyers guide will be out soon and all the dealers will know about it.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought Ford said the Mach 1 IS supposed to be a limited edition?

But anyways, it did take me a while to find a dealership that A.Knew what I was talking about, and B. Would sell me one without markup. The amount of times I was referred to the reservation program for that damn pile of shit electric crossover almost makes me never want to buy a Ford again

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I thought Ford said the Mach 1 IS supposed to be a limited edition?

But anyways, it did take me a while to find a dealership that A.Knew what I was talking about, and B. Would sell me one without markup. The amount of times I was referred to the reservation program for that damn pile of shit electric crossover almost makes me never want to buy a Ford again
The Bullitt was also a "limited edition". Look how that worked out for them?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The Bullitt was also a "limited edition". Look how that worked out for them?
From what I remember, Ford never actually called the Bullitt a “limited edition”, it was just interpreted that way because they were only built by order and were numbered, but there was no actual limit on how many Ford would produce

OP
OP

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
From what I remember, Ford never actually called the Bullitt a “limited edition”, it was just interpreted that way because they were only built by order and were numbered, but there was no actual limit on how many Ford would produce
Yes, Ford marketed the Bullitt as a car that they would build enough to satisfy demand. It was in the initial launch presentation they did.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, Ford marketed the Bullitt as a car that they would build enough to satisfy demand. It was in the initial launch presentation they did.
That’s what I thought... conversely, the Mach 1 is specifically labeled by Ford as limited edition

“The all-new and limited-edition 2021 Mustang Mach 1 will arrive in U.S. and Canadian Ford dealerships in the spring of 2021.”
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...s-pinnacle-of-mustang-5-0-liter-v8-style.html

Powelltc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I wonder if ford is going to do Mach 1 reservations similar to the Mach-E. I've contacted several local dealerships and they aren't sure how it will be handled, but one pointed me towards the Mach-E reservation system as how they thought it would be handled, but they said that
I live in a smaller town in Ohio. Spoke to my Ford dealer today and they want a $5,000 admin because it is a special car. I told them that would probably push the price over $60k...why wouldn’t I get a GT350 for that price? They just shrugged their shoulders. Told them I absolutely would not pay an admin.

PaulSLC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 Heritage / 2019 Bullitt / 2018 Boost Perf Pack
Bullitts were also little more than a Performance Pack 1 painted green with a $5k upcharge, it’s no surprise they didn’t sell
Actually, a similarly optioned GT Prem PP1 is MORE expensive, $49,760 vs $48,900, and you don't get the GT350 intake, 20 more hp, or increased top speed.
Bullitts have the above plus active exhaust, security pkg, prem plus pkg with nav, heated steering wheel & 12" LCD inst cluster standard.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, a similarly optioned GT Prem PP1 is MORE expensive, $49,760 vs $48,900, and you don't get the GT350 intake, 20 more hp, or increased top speed.
Bullitts have the above plus active exhaust, security pkg, prem plus pkg with nav, heated steering wheel & 12" LCD inst cluster standard.
Incorrect. Bullitt came standard WITHOUT security package or nav, and both required the electronics package ($2100) to get them. Forego that option, and that gives you a $49k Bullitt that doesn’t even have nav or satellite radio. On the flip side, before the PP1 was increased to $5200 (which only
occurred for the second half of the 2020 model year), a 401a PP1 GT WITH active exhaust, nav and satellite radio is the same $49k, but has rebates and incentives that will apply to it as opposed to the (usually marked up, but in some cases MSRP) Bullitt with less equipment, meaning that you could usually get a nearly identically equipped car for $5k less if you weren’t a fan of green