Sponsored

Reserving a Mach 1

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
So has anyone here talked seriously with their dealers yet on this car? Like many others here I will not pay any kind of ADM but I am interested to see if dealers are starting any kind of lists yet or taking deposits? I am also anticipating many dealers playing the ADM game since it will be so called "limited" which will probably push back obtaining one early but you never know I guess. All it takes is one fair dealer to get the car without ADM.

Thanks!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
So has anyone here talked seriously with their dealers yet on this car? Like many others here I will not pay any kind of ADM but I am interested to see if dealers are starting any kind of lists yet or taking deposits? I am also anticipating many dealers playing the ADM game since it will be so called "limited" which will probably push back obtaining one early but you never know I guess. All it takes is one fair dealer to get the car with ADM.

Thanks!!
Actually Ford officially said the Mach 1 will be " somewhat limited ". Everyone is free to their own interpretation on what that means. The Bullitt was limited availability . Still many available in Germany. :lipssealed:

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
this limited thing is absolutely Ford marketing BS. it's not even a Shelby; look how many GT350s were made despite being a limited production run. The Bullitt was supposed to be limited but it didn't sell well and there are so many leftover sitting at dealer lots. It might be the same with Mach 1 if Ford becomes too greedy and starts charging more than 55k.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm not talking seriously with any dealer since I still have my 2017 Mustang. I'll be damned if I'm even paying close to MSRP on one of these. If I have to, I will order one for the '22 model year and get 8-10k off MSRP.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I'm not talking seriously with any dealer since I still have my 2017 Mustang. I'll be damned if I'm even paying close to MSRP on one of these. If I have to, I will order one for the '22 model year and get 8-10k off MSRP.
agreed, paying anywhere close to MSRP on these is pointless let alone ADM. I feel like getting a Mach 1 HP but will wait till MY22 for the discounts

Sponsored

OP
OP

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
Has anyone placed a deposit yet? The dealership around the corner from me (horrible reputation) is asking $25k ADM. I got a $5k ADM quote this morning that I may go with just to save myself the headache, but I’m waiting a few hours while I continue to look.

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone placed a deposit yet? The dealership around the corner from me (horrible reputation) is asking $25k ADM. I got a $5k ADM quote this morning that I may go with just to save myself the headache, but I’m waiting a few hours while I continue to look.

Holy Crap!! 25K ADM?? Even 5K??! And...here..we...go! That’s ridiculous...thanks a lot Ford...to each is own but I would wait it out. This is only beginning and there will be plenty of dealers out there that would at least be MSRP...patience is the key my friend....

Mods...can we get a sticky started like the other forums for info on good/bad dealers....ADM’s or lack of for opeople looking to order? I will be ordering as well but no way in heck will I ever pay any ADM!!

OP
OP

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Holy Crap!! 25K ADM?? Even 5K??! And...here..we...go! That’s ridiculous...thanks a lot Ford...to each is own but I would wait it out. This is only beginning and there will be plenty of dealers out there that would at least be MSRP...patience is the key my friend....

Mods...can we get a sticky started like the other forums for info on good/bad dealers....ADM’s or lack of for opeople looking to order? I will be ordering as well but no way in heck will I ever pay any ADM!!
Yeah, I’d normally stay away from ADM and wait, but timing wise we’re going to need a second car before then. I’m on Long Island, NY and most dealers will add ADM even on the 2022.

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I’d normally stay away from ADM and wait, but timing wise we’re going to need a second car before then. I’m on Long Island, NY and most dealers will add ADM even on the 2022.
I hear you....I lived in Connecticut most of my life before moving down south. Although, where I am the local dealerships try to ADM every single thing they can including the trash cans. Then on top of it they try the nonsense of trying to add at least another $1000 of BS stuff like Nitrogen for the tires...Tint....polish....Air freshener...etc. It's very shameful really. Anyways, I get your point but you could always find a dealer in the Tri-State area that would give you MSRP and then transport the car for much less to your house versus someone gouging you with ADM. Yeah...it might be a little inconvenient but still.....I'm about to start calling around myself. Called one dealer last week and left a message for the sales manager who I talked with earlier in the year and never heard back...sigh....this part has to be the absolute worst part of purchasing a new vehicle and it only seems to get worse with every new model .

Best of luck! Keep us posted!

OP
OP

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I hear you....I lived in Connecticut most of my life before moving down south. Although, where I am the local dealerships try to ADM every single thing they can including the trash cans. Then on top of it they try the nonsense of trying to add at least another $1000 of BS stuff like Nitrogen for the tires...Tint....polish....Air freshener...etc. It's very shameful really. Anyways, I get your point but you could always find a dealer in the Tri-State area that would give you MSRP and then transport the car for much less to your house versus someone gouging you with ADM. Yeah...it might be a little inconvenient but still.....I'm about to start calling around myself. Called one dealer last week and left a message for the sales manager who I talked with earlier in the year and never heard back...sigh....this part has to be the absolute worst part of purchasing a new vehicle and it only seems to get worse with every new model .

Best of luck! Keep us posted!
Yeah, it’s going to be tough searching. In the end though, what I’m willing to pay is directly related to what I value my time at.

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Yeah, it’s going to be tough searching. In the end though, what I’m willing to pay is directly related to what I value my time at.
This is the reason we have ADM. You are trying to rationalize paying it. If people just refused to pay that BS dealers would have to stop doing it.

OP
OP

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
This is the reason we have ADM. You are trying to rationalize paying it. If people just refused to pay that BS dealers would have to stop doing it.
Yes, I hear you. I don't want to pay ADM and I'll be searching all over to find one without it until the order banks open. But it's tough living where I am (lots of ridiculous $$$) and finding something without ADM. It's a problem that Ford needs to do more to prevent.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Call governor Cuomo, just threaten you are gonna MOVE if you have to pay extra!

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
They might do that if you put a "sticker" on your car
Sponsored