WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey WD pr

Hey WD Pro,

just installed my X-spec few days back and since then I've been struggling to unscrew the shitty Roush ball !!! it is firmly stuck and tried every possible way ? Any advice would be appreciated.

So the car is hanging out with the MGW stick and driving it in that status is real pain!
Thanks!
I’ve not sorry, other than brute force ... :frown:

Mine from the factory was very tight, but I still managed to shift it by hand (after giving up on the first day I tried it for fear of breaking something).

If your handgrip isn’t good enough, maybe try one of those rubber kitchen tools for jar tops ? Or one of the rubber strap wrenches ?

I read somewhere that someone had wrapped the ball and then used grips, but I would only use that as a last resort and only if your not concerned about the condition of it once it’s removed - the chance of damage seems quite high with that method ...

Heat breaks the loctite bond, but I’m not sure that’s a viable option for that location without damaging something else.

Good luck whatever you try :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve not sorry, other than brute force ... :frown:

Mine from the factory was very tight, but I still managed to shift it by hand (after giving up on the first day I tried it for fear of breaking something).

If your handgrip isn’t good enough, maybe try one of those rubber kitchen tools for jar tops ? Or one of the rubber strap wrenches ?

I read somewhere that someone had wrapped the ball and then used grips, but I would only use that as a last resort and only if your not concerned about the condition of it once it’s removed - the chance of damage seems quite high with that method ...

Heat breaks the loctite bond, but I’m not sure that’s a viable option for that location without damaging something else.

Good luck whatever you try :like:

WD :like:
Thanks for your input,
I'm talking about few ppl who are waaaay stronger than my grip! The technicians tried the hand trick but didn't work. Just trying to get an access to the stick so I could heat it up without hurting the ball surface. My thinking goes to the heat transfer to the top point where the blue loctite and that would smoothin things up a little bit.

IMG-20210418-WA0005.jpg

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I had issues getting the stock knob off. Parked it in the sun for a couple hours on a 90* day and it spun right off.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Thanks for your input,
I'm talking about few ppl who are waaaay stronger than my grip! The technicians tried the hand trick but didn't work. Just trying to get an access to the stick so I could heat it up without hurting the ball surface. My thinking goes to the heat transfer to the top point where the blue loctite and that would smoothin things up a little bit.

IMG-20210418-WA0005.jpg
Try using a hair drier on high, should help some.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Ford performance knobs go on with out needing a jam nut. Get a raceseng weighted slammer or ashiko shift knob. That uses an adapter and you’re done. The knob is 1.26lbs- more depending which one you choose and makes every shift buttery smooth. You’ll never need anothet knob. Tons of custom colors to choose from too.

Sponsored

Dhruvchadha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dhruv
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Volvo XC 60
Ford performance knobs go on with out needing a jam nut. Get a raceseng weighted slammer or ashiko shift knob. That uses an adapter and you’re done. The knob is 1.26lbs- more depending which one you choose and makes every shift buttery smooth. You’ll never need anothet knob. Tons of custom colors to choose from too.
Any pointer to where can I find racesneg and ashiko ?

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Try using a hair drier on high, should help some.
Yea you're right! that really helped. bad news the ball came off without the thread. which is good that the ball is completely safe. I had to force that thread out and then glue that thread inside the ball and wait for 4 hours then managed to install it.
Sorry for the late reply but that really helped me big time :))
Sponsored