Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
991 is a nice option but.....go read Rennlist regarding faulty water pumps. Thought a 991 would be my next car but Porsche doesn't seem to have anymore of a handle on these waterpumps than Ford on these blown engines.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
991 is a nice option but.....go read Rennlist regarding faulty water pumps. Thought a 991 would be my next car but Porsche doesn't seem to have anymore of a handle on these waterpumps than Ford on these blown engines.
Yea, I've got a 996, can can say IMS?! The thing about the Voodoo is that we don't know what's causing problems...yet.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I have 7000 trouble free miles on mine but this thread is concerning to say the least. I bought this car expecting minor quality flaws given the performance/price ratio but nothing catastrophic. I don't see myself owning it in two years.
Rolling the dice without a power train warranty is not in the cards for me.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Lol. I think everyone here would rather have a water pump fail than the engine.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I have 7000 trouble free miles on mine but this thread is concerning to say the least. I bought this car expecting minor quality flaws given the performance/price ratio but nothing catastrophic. I don't see myself owning it in two years.
Rolling the dice without a power train warranty is not in the cards for me.
Factory powertrain warranty is 5/60. I personally bought a Ford extended transferable warranty that is 8 years (and their most comprehensive). I'm hoping that allows both me and any future owners to rest a little easier.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
The ZL1-1LE is very entertaining to say the least. I am not a fan of the big wing. It slows down the car at top end.
Dumped my ZL1 a few months ago. Chevy is having failed oil pump problems with no fix. Ask me how i know. Multiple failed pumps for some people. Lame!
Just licked up my GT350 in October. 700 miles, no issues yet.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Factory powertrain warranty is 5/60. I personally bought a Ford extended transferable warranty that is 8 years (and their most comprehensive). I'm hoping that allows both me and any future owners to rest a little easier.
Good plan. I'm right at 3 years in and still have a couple left to make that decision. Love the car and probably need to realize these engine replacements that have been reported are a very small cross section of actual cars on the road.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Dumped my ZL1 a few months ago. Chevy is having failed oil pump problems with no fix. Ask me how i know. Multiple failed pumps for some people. Lame!
That's terrible that you had oil pump problems. I hope you have better luck with your GT350, I had high oil consumption, 500 miles per quart. Is yours a new GT350?

Did you break down on the side of the road with the ZL1?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
That's terrible that you had oil pump problems. I hope you have better luck with your GT350, I had high oil consumption, 500 miles per quart. Is yours a new GT350?

Did you break down on the side of the road with the ZL1?
The Shelby is an ‘18 and loving it so far. The ZL1 threw a low oil pressure warning. Shut it down, waited hours for a flatbed and then waited 3 weeks until i got it back. Awful experience.

Last edited:

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
The Shelby is an ‘18 and locing it so far. The ZL1 through a low oil pressure warning. Shut it down, waited hours for a flatbed and then waited 3 weeks until i got it back. Awful experience.
I am sure you meant "liking it so far". Please tell that is what you meant....lol

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I am sure you meant "liking it so far". Please tell that is what you meant....lol
And if locing is what you meant, tell us what twerking and trumbled means.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Some days I want to lick my GT350 as well. Congrats on the purchase!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
The Shelby is an ‘18 and loving it so far. The ZL1 threw a low oil pressure warning. Shut it down, waited hours for a flatbed and then waited 3 weeks until i got it back. Awful experience.
WHAAT!!! no way!!!! This sh!t only happens to GT350's. Or so you would be led to believe that on this thread. ; ) LOLOLOLOL

Last edited: