Replaced Voodoo Engine

Discussion in 'Shelby GT350 Mustang' started by S550VIN54, May 22, 2018.

?

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

1. Excessive Oil Consumption

43.1%
  2. Main Bearing

11.1%
  3. OPG (Oil Pump Gear)

4.2%
  4. Blown Block

6.9%
  5. Valve Train Failure

9.7%
  6. Other

25.0%
  1. Minn19

Minn19 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle(s):
    19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
    0   0   0
    Sweet so essentially we are going back to two strokes.......gotta love progress. :crazy:

2. Hack

Hack Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mustang, Fiesta
    0   0   0
    Typical that government regulations are ruining our fun. I'd much rather lose 1 or 2 mpg than end up with a car that burns oil. And typical that regulations people say are meant to help the environment end up not being as good for the environment.

3. Minn19

Minn19 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    What, I love two strokes! :wink:

#unintendedconsequences

4. AdamIsAdam

AdamIsAdam Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Shelby GT350
    0   0   0
    Yea, also, i assume CAFE standards measure MPG, but not MPQ (miles per quart- of OIL!!!)

Are engines actually better for the environment if they are burning more oil that gas? I'm beginning to think it's like the electric car phenomenon where Tesla owners think their cars are responsible for zero emissions. WRONG. Hell, I read a report on the environmental footprint of cars compared over their entire life cycle, including disposal of batteries. This placed the Prius on the bottom 10 and my Jeep Rubicon in the top 10 because it's easier to recycle my metal/plastic jeep then the Prius' batteries (plus all the electrical usage fully electrics require for charging).

But don't get me started!

5. galaxy

galaxy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '17 GT350
    0   0   0
    DDUUUUUDDDEEE! I am with you on this one! In fact, I've commented on this on some post in some of our forums before; might have seen it. I did one of my research papers in college on this very topic, that you summed up quite well. Anybody that tells you they drive an electric car to do their part for the environment, punch them in the throat and tell them to go do some damn homework. You wanna drive a Tesla or an electric car cause it's your thing and that's what you like spending your money on, great! Rock on! But don't come at me with the environment BS.

AdamIsAdam likes this.
  6. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '17 GT350, '68 Firebird, '17 Raptor, '18 Macan GTS
    0   0   0
    Wellllll ... one month later at the dealer and it is just now getting torn down. Got off the phone today with the rather unfriendly Ford customer service. I was perfectly cordial. I asked her what kind of compensation should I expect having a brand new car with a blown motor that I haven’t been able to drive for a month, I wasn’t really happy about having a new car with an engine swap. She asked me what I wanted. I said how about a buy back. Buy back request initiated.

7. EF300

EF300 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 GT350
    0   0   0

Damn that seem almost to easy lol.

8. kommons

kommons Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    GT350R
    0   0   0
    I picked up the car today, they were stalling for multiple reasons, saying they needed to adjust something. I said if the car runs, I will take it. The CSA from ford customer service had called me the day before to tell me the car was at the body shop. After I picked up the car I learned why. I've added some shots of details from when I picked up the car. Overall feels like a very poor attention to detail and care. I pulled the connector for cylinder 5 coil and there was a pool of motor oil inside, unknown as to why. The car continuously smells like coolant, also haven't found out why.

There are missing clips, broken harness attachments, pooled fluids everywhere, what looks like stressed wires. I didn't take pictures of everything. However one big thing is the front bumper was completely damaged during the process. Anyway, here are some pictures. Enjoy.

Capture.PNG 87ith.PNG dsfsdf.PNG 7ik6ujhy.PNG 9jkhhg.PNG 87ijkhy.PNG 89gjg.PNG jhjjhfgj.PNG

9. NoXiDe

NoXiDe Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    GT350
    0   0   0
    What a horror! So.... their fixing the bumper and any other damaged front fascia pieces right? Like who do they hire for these engine replacements? A nine year old? I thought these guys were supposed to be "MASTER" techs? Seriously, you better believe the damn piston was probably dropped and already has a ding that you can't visually see yourself.

10. EF300

EF300 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 GT350
    0   0   0
    What is shocking to me is it they would give that car back to you looking like that. I mean some of the scratches where the wire harnesses removed is inevitable however they could have touched them up and done a better job of putting that wiring harness back. The front Fender damage is just inexcusable. The fluids all over the place is also kind of ridiculous. They could have easily clean that up with a rag. I would document everything as you are doing and then I would call the Ford customer service line speak with the regional rep and file a formal complaint against the dealership. That will get their attention.

Ideally the dealership should take the car back and fix every single thing they screwed up including the crappy wire harness placement and scratches. Having ford corporate breathing down their neck will motivate them to do that.

Minn19 likes this.
  11. Tank

Tank 9/11 - Never Forget

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    G0853 Never Forget
    0   0   0
    I would have refuse to pick it up...

Minn19 and rick81721 like this.
  12. EF300

EF300 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 GT350
    0   0   0
    ^^ agree

Tank likes this.
  13. AdamIsAdam

AdamIsAdam Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Shelby GT350
    0   0   0
    That is beyond anything imaginable! The damage to the nose of the car? I'm no body man, but I think those deep gauges are almost not fixable (certainly cost prohibitive at least, I mean, this is no GTO Endura bumper, so they will have to put new parts on there, repaint, etc).

Damn, they done f'ed up!

Please keep us posted. And for those local to you, they may want to know what dealership to avoid!

Tank likes this.
  14. Minn19

Minn19 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    ^This, that is unbelievably unacceptable. Sorry @kommons, you won the prize nobody wants to win for shittiest engine swap (and an engine swap to begin with). I'm with others, I can't believe they said "here is your car" with a smile on their face and allowed it to leave the dealership in that condition.

Tank likes this.
  15. Wine dude

Wine dude Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Shadow Black GT 350
    0   0   0
    There is such a lack of pride in workmanship and lack of quality control.
    It reminds me of a cute story, a company ordered a bunch of computers from a Japanese company and stipulated that 98 percent had to be perfect, the shipment arrived and packaged separately was a box labeled 2 percent not perfect and a note attached asking why they ordered 2 percent not perfect computers!
    How can a dealership in all consciousness release a car like that, I would definitely take that to my local news outlet and let them run a feature story on it.