Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

IMDNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I picked up the car today, they were stalling for multiple reasons, saying they needed to adjust something. I said if the car runs, I will take it. The CSA from ford customer service had called me the day before to tell me the car was at the body shop. After I picked up the car I learned why. I've added some shots of details from when I picked up the car. Overall feels like a very poor attention to detail and care. I pulled the connector for cylinder 5 coil and there was a pool of motor oil inside, unknown as to why. The car continuously smells like coolant, also haven't found out why.

There are missing clips, broken harness attachments, pooled fluids everywhere, what looks like stressed wires. I didn't take pictures of everything. However one big thing is the front bumper was completely damaged during the process. Anyway, here are some pictures. Enjoy.

Capture.PNG
87ith.PNG
dsfsdf.PNG
7ik6ujhy.PNG
9jkhhg.PNG
87ijkhy.PNG
89gjg.PNG
jhjjhfgj.PNG
So even with new car warranty, even if you can get a new engine installed at no cost, you still have to deal with shits like this. To those who thinks "getting a new engine isn't a problem under warranty, might even be a good thing", this is the real world.

If this happened to my car, the only thing I could accept is a buyback. There is no 'fix' to make me believe the engine is installed properly.

Last edited:

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
stuff like what happened here is why i roll my eyes when people are like "who cares if my engine blows, i have warranty"....yeahhhh let it happen and enjoy the ensuing shitshow.

sorry @kommons you're having to go through this

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I texted those pics to my service advisor who's doing my engine replacement right now. He couldn't believe it , said it is just Criminal.

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Love seeing your comments, especially some of you who are in shock. It some ways, its "refreshing" for me. Because generally, this is all I expect from turnstile dealerships. So to me, it was merely a confirmation of expectation.

I picked it up, because its a holiday weekend, and there was some shadiness about keeping the car around. I will bring the car back for vibration on 1st and second and coolant smell that won't go away. (possibly cracked reservoir). I will then call back the lemon law attorneys and see if we have a case. I really don't want this car. If i'm stuck with it, I'll be fine but I rather not.

That being said, there's something different about this motor, the power band feels slightly different on the butt dyno. It's still a new motor, so I have to give it time, feels powerful, but different. Also, the 2k-3k piston slap noise is very muted and different. However, more vibrations are introduced through the stick on 1st and 2nd. Seems like different harmonics too, sounds more like the sound of a "seashell" slowly increasing in intensity. Again, more driving is needed, but this car maybe back in the shop for a few weeks.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
stuff like what happened here is why i roll my eyes when people are like "who cares if my engine blows, i have warranty"....yeahhhh let it happen and enjoy the ensuing shitshow.

Exactly. And while we often debate the value of a car that has had an engine replaced, think of the value of one that's had paint work and other stuff seen above.

x2

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I also forgot about the warranty offer that were made.

5year/75k General/Power train

image002.png
image003.png

7year/100k Power train
image001.png
image004.png

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Exactly. And while we often debate the value of a car that has had an engine replaced, think of the value of one that's had paint work and other stuff seen above.

x2
Thanks, you guys are absolutely right. You shouldn't see this on any Ford service, but even less on a "Halo" car for Ford.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the warranty thing is kind of BS. You have a 5 yr 60K mile power train. If you took a 7 yr 100K mile power train you only get 2 yrs extra and 40K miles.

As far as the general warranty that is only 2 yrs on top of fords factory warranty.

Its not like they will let u stack a warranty on the back of your factory warranty, they run concurrently.

Kind of bullshit.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Are people getting extended warranties out of these situations? it seems to me that extending the powertrain as far as possible will certainly help resale value, especially for those who are concerned about buying these cars in 2-4 years from now. That's why I personally bought an extended warranty myself. And it's transferable of course, so it puts the buyer somewhat at ease (hopefully).

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
ex_q60_w1152_h_Black-Friday-Slider_v5_copy.jpg

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know if you need an engine we have a black Friday sale for any assembled shortblock in stock gets 1000$ off existing price. We will also have 200$ off any set of assembled heads in stock. Ford Modular/Coyote 32 Valve Cylinder Heads Customer Supplied Cores, our 5-axis CNC (intake and exhaust), CNC Valve job, Install New Livernois Springs and Valve seals. $1,299.99 All other additional parts will be a separate charge. Call me at 313-561-5500 ext 126 my name is Jake.

ex_q80_w400_h_P04_LPP750105_main1.jpg
ex_q80_w400_h_CoyoteHeads.jpg

Last edited:

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ex_q60_w1152_h_Black-Friday-Slider_v5_copy.jpg

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know if you need an engine we have a black Friday sale for any assembled shortblock in stock gets 1000$ off existing price. We will also have 200$ off any set of assembled heads in stock. Ford Modular/Coyote 32 Valve Cylinder Heads Customer Supplied Cores, our 5-axis CNC (intake and exhaust), CNC Valve job, Install New Livernois Springs and Valve seals. $1,299.99 All other additional parts will be a separate charge. Call me at 313-561-5500 ext 126 my name is Jake.

ex_q80_w400_h_P04_LPP750105_main1.jpg
ex_q80_w400_h_CoyoteHeads.jpg

This is just amazing advertising. Hey guys in the blown engine thread anybody need a new engine lol. Epic timing.