Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

simulant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350
Hey guys, you can add my GT350 to the list. It's been at the dealer since September 6th. 2424 miles. The motor didn't actually blow, but it is getting replaced. Details: I was driving normally when I heard a metal rattle or knocking noise. It was very faint at first but got progressively louder, until it almost sounded like a piece of metal was dragging on the ground. It sounded like dragging tin cans through the street. I thought something was loose and dragging. I was driving stoplight to stoplight in traffic so I didn't notice any change in power. I pulled into a parking lot and turned the engine off. I checked underneath and there was nothing abnormal. No oil leaking. I started the engine and it struggled for a second before starting. The noise persisted. The engine was not overheating. Oil temp and pressure was normal. I checked the oil level, and it was near the top of the mark. I had just put a quart in at 2279 miles. Looking in the engine bay I saw nothing abnormal. I shut it off and got it towed to the dealer. After two weeks they said they found heavy metal debris in the oil filter, then after a few more days they told me engine replacement was authorized. Still waiting for the engine.

Other stuff:
-18 GT350, built Feb 18
-Incident occurred at 2424 miles
-Added 1 quart of Motorcraft 5w50 at 1443 miles
-Added another at 2279 miles
-Both FP catch cans installed at 104 miles
-Catch cans cleaned at 1530 miles; passenger side had maybe 1/3" of oil. Driver side empty.
-No mods
-No track use

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Update, and some more data for you guys:

gt350.png

sig.jpg

Got my car back about 2 weeks ago. About $16k in repairs (covered under warranty). Note that it took nearly a month for the replacement block to arrive.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Also looks like you got a re-manufactured engine.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
says so on the receipt.
gt350.JPG

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I have to have my engine replaced. Do you guys have any recent experience with the wait times. I was told long blocks are on backorder but don't know the wait time.

Also for what it's worth I was told I'm getting a new engine, not a remanufactured engine but Ford has been wrong about all kinds of shit in the past so who knows

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
In this thread, on the previous page, a recent recipient got a rebuilt motor as proven by the dealer receipt. Have a look and I suggest you take a screenshot to put in your amo box for when you talk to the rep.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
That is not a reman engine. KR3Z 6006 B is a new engine. That is generic line description highlighted.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar

From this weekend.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In this thread, on the previous page, a recent recipient got a rebuilt motor as proven by the dealer receipt. Have a look and I suggest you take a screenshot to put in your amo box for when you talk to the rep.

The rep was very careful to say that I will recieve a Ford factory spec engine after I told him I didn't want a remanufactured engine. The people who placed the order at the dealership told me it was a new long block, not a remanufactured engine. Who knows what the hell will show up.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I have seen that line a couple other times and i believe @btown93 is correct and supposedly they’re all new. Pretty confusing they’d have that on the sheet for sure.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The core charge on that part number is listed as $2,000. I have offered to buy the core from my dealership. I guess they're going to ask Ford. If I could really buy that engine back from them for two grand I would do it in a second. Has anyone been successful buying a core back on this engine?

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
The core charge on that part number is listed as $2,000. I have offered to buy the core from my dealership. I guess they're going to ask Ford. If I could really buy that engine back from them for two grand I would do it in a second. Has anyone been successful buying a core back on this engine?
Normally I’d say you could but being warranty they would probably call it back for analysis

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would buy that block and tip the tech a few hundred to take care of it. Sell it to me if you decide you don't want it.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would buy that block and tip the tech a few hundred to take care of it. Sell it to me if you decide you don't want it.
I'll let you know how it goes. It's a stout Engine with zero issues except for this stupid Bolt. No oil burning, no bad behavior. It is a real shame to take it out I'm scared.