Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

Carsnkicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
this is the one i'm thinking of... may just be a sticker
Turns out this guy is local. He bought from a different dealer, but he maybe a good source of info if I have any further issues. Looks like he ended up in a buyback. Dont think I would go that route right now, new and “handbuilt” motors incur some risk. I will give ford and the dealer the opportunity to resolve the issue for now.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Turns out this guy is local. He bought from a different dealer, but he maybe a good source of info if I have any further issues. Looks like he ended up in a buyback. Dont think I would go that route right now, new and “handbuilt” motors incur some risk. I will give ford and the dealer the opportunity to resolve the issue for now.
LOL. Shelby exotics.... LOL.

Carsnkicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
LOL. Shelby exotics.... LOL.
LOL! Well the dealer he bought from is local. After watching his vid though not sure he would be a good ally. Im just bummed at this happening. Trying to be patient, but man I love driving this car and...can’t do that w blown motor ‍♂

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
LOL! Well the dealer he bought from is local. After watching his vid though not sure he would be a good ally. Im just bummed at this happening. Trying to be patient, but man I love driving this car and...can’t do that w blown motor ‍♂
His videos speak for themselves. He'd be the last guy I'd call for advice.

You are getting a new motor and you will be fine. This is not your fault and you have done nothing wrong here.

Again, it sucks to see this happen to good folks.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I'm not sure these are ever going to be worth more than we pay for them, so numbers matching might be a moot point. I'm hoping they decline in value at a slower pace than non-Shelby's, but that's all.

And I wonder how many buyers nowadays on new(er) cars even think/care about numbers matching. Sure, they watch Barrett-Jackson and learned the term, but how many ever even know where to look?

Now, if all of this stuff is reported on the CarFax, that's another story.

Has anyone whose had a new motor installed even checked their CarFax to see if it says the motor was replaced?
I think the more important part about not having a “numbers matching” car is the dealer(who can’t bolt on a splitter) has had their hand in a 350 heart transplant. That’s a red flag when reselling.

I think 1 guy checked Carfax to see if mine showed up, lemme ask him and i’ll report back

Carsnkicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
His videos speak for themselves. He'd be the last guy I'd call for advice.

You are getting a new motor and you will be fine. This is not your fault and you have done nothing wrong here.

Again, it sucks to see this happen to good folks.
Haha, true. Thanks!

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I think it's pertenent to this thread, so may I ask for a link? My dealership Shelby expert told me that you can't buy the parts from Ford for a Voodoo rebuild. If they are available, then thats great news. Maybe I'll call Ford Performance tomorrow and see what they say.
I sell ford parts all day everyday. While I admit I have never checked if one can purchase all the parts for a rebuild, I did check the heads and crank and they can be ordered (subject to availability). While some parts for some specialty vehicles are restricted and a special order process is required, it doesn't apply here. Having been doing this for over 15 years, I can count on one hand how many time's I've had to go thru that process for parts other than a recall. 2nd gen Ford GT parts come to mind.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
There was another GT350 that went down this weekend @ VIR. Number 6 and 8...

Out of respect, don't want to share more info about the car, but another one bites the dust.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
There was another GT350 that went down this weekend @ VIR. Number 6 and 8...

Out of respect, don't want to share more info about the car, but another one bites the dust.
So, I say again: I wonder if the long wait for 2019 GT350 and 2020 GT500 production to start has to do with addressing this (non)issue...

Carsnkicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Update: Ford approved the motor replacement. Backorder so will be a week or so. I get the car back till motor comes in lol. Then we proceed.

Told them to take their time building this one. ‍♂

Reactions: TDC

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Update: Ford approved the motor replacement. Backorder so will be a week or so. I get the car back till motor comes in lol. Then we proceed.

Told them to take their time building this one. ‍♂
You get the car back while waiting for new motor? How driveable is it? If it's pouring oil into the exhaust system, that might be an issue. But either way, please report anything you observe like pull consumption, etc

Carsnkicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You get the car back while waiting for new motor? How driveable is it? If it's pouring oil into the exhaust system, that might be an issue. But either way, please report anything you observe like pull consumption, etc
I can take it, but dont think I will for that reason. I have other cars to drive, I will take a loaner just to save mileage on those cars. They said I can drive it till the motor comes in which I found odd. I think they mean well, but likely I will just wait to get it replaced

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Yea. Just go down there and put your car cover on the car and park it inside the shop tucked away in a corner. At least that's what I would do. lol Any talk about cats?

Carsnkicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not yet. Head service is out. I have a polite service advisor but wouldnt engage him in that convo only to be told he will ask lol