Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Yep, love the Porsche. It's my daily driver. I won't trivialize the Shelby's shortcomings compared to the 718GTS. I will say that my new 812 Superfast will be a worthy replacement for the GT350 though.
Well, I suppose that would be an acceptable replacement LOL

If I could win the lottery, I would have a V12 Ferrari in my dream garage, preferably an F12 or 812. Amazingly beautiful cars with what I consider to be the very best engines in the world.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I hate to say it, but if you put a tune on the engine, goodbye warranty.
Mine was covered, and nothing was said about the tune. Could be because it was oil consumption, i’m not sure. It’s very apparent his tune did not cause his damage either. Where the discrepancy comes from, your guess is as good as mine.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Mine was covered, and nothing was said about the tune. Could be because it was oil consumption, i’m not sure. It’s very apparent his tune did not cause his damage either. Where the discrepancy comes from, your guess is as good as mine.
With the evidence that it had nothing to do with the tune, Ford would be hard pressed to deny the claim. If they were persistent in their position, I would involve an attorney. You might have to spend a lot of cash going after them, but I do believe he would be entitled to attorneys fees in this (seemingly) slam dunk issue

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Last edited:

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
oil pressure gauge was showing oil pressure the whole time.
Mine bounced off zero right when I heard it go on COTA. Tech thought it was a spun main bearing (dummy).

Incidentally, the warm down cycle for the GT350 should be strictly adhered to. At least equally as important as the warm up cycle. Something Ford should highly consider adding to their owner's manual if there is any question that the failures are due to operator error. I don't think operator error is even a small percentage of the blowns.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Yup! J got screwed by the dealer. Ford denies claims with input from dealer. Dealer says, cars been raced had tune and wala! Warranty nixed.
Yep. This is it. The dealer totally effed him. It’s all about the dealer. Either they don’t like him or didn’t want to deal with it, either way it was the dealer that caused this shit show.

Of course he’s pissed after finding the issue, but as the saying goes, pay to play. I’ve had plenty of modified vehicles. I just own that if anything happens I own that decision. You can easily fight the air filter with the Moss Ferguson Act, but a tune is different regardless of how mild it is. I hope Ford does something for him, but I think he’s too far down the road now after having the engine torn down by someone other than Ford.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Mine bounced off zero right when I heard it go on COTA. Tech thought it was a spun main bearing (dummy).

Incidentally, the warm down cycle for the GT350 should be strictly adhered to. At least equally as important as the warm up cycle. Something Ford should highly consider adding to their owner's manual if there is any question that the failures are due to operator error. I don't think operator error is even a small percentage of the blowns.
Of all people YOU say this.... LOL you've openly admitted to beating on your cars, redlining cold engines, abusing them in general, but nope no chance its operator error!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It's a shame. There really is good info being put forth here. It's just a matter of time before this thread is shut down because people can't be civil. I'm not pointing to anyone in particular, but let me say for the sake of the content matter, it sure would be nice for all parties to quit the petty bickering and stay on topic. But who the hell am I?

Oh, I'm a guy who is seeing an increase in oil consumption. Well within limits, but still......

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
What is the warm down procedure?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joaquin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Gt
I’ve replaced 3 or 4 engines already and the reason was oil consumption. Ford doesn’t let us tear the engines down cause they are hand built and badged and all that good stuff.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Can we keep this thread on topic? it's a helpful thread.