Sponsored

Rear passenger side rattle/buzz

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Have you guys checked the rocker panel attachment "trees"? I found the rattle was that on my car, my son's friend had a '16 and that was the issue on his also. Check all of the trees are pushed in tight. If they aren't the rockers are your rattle.
I checked both sides and all but two of my attachment trees could be pushed back up into the panels. Wow.

My rattle/tink noise remains unchanged and is likely truly in the dash. But this is definitely good to know.
Sponsored

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
Have you guys checked the rocker panel attachment "trees"? I found the rattle was that on my car, my son's friend had a '16 and that was the issue on his also. Check all of the trees are pushed in tight. If they aren't the rockers are your rattle.
Did your rattle sound like the video WHALESALAD posted on the previous page? That's what I have and I haven't checked the rocker panels yet.

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I checked both sides and all but two of my attachment trees could be pushed back up into the panels. Wow.

My rattle/tink noise remains unchanged and is likely truly in the dash. But this is definitely good to know.
Did checking the attachment trees fix the noise for you? I have the same issue from the c pillar.

Bx Tpr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350
Fixed mine. Added felt furniture pads along the top and bottom of the rear window trim. I took a pic of the top but forgot to take one of the bottom fix. After dealing with this and other interior noises I’ve never seen an interior put together so sh!tty. First and last Ford I’ll ever own.
D4068022-7C04-4D0E-AF48-BA873DD77B74.jpeg

Sponsored

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have the same noise that whalesalad posted above in his video, because that's what i need to fix. Also, what do you mean by the bottom fix? T
Fixed mine. Added felt furniture pads along the top and bottom of the rear window trim. I took a pic of the top but forgot to take one of the bottom fix. After dealing with this and other interior noises I’ve never seen an interior put together so sh!tty. First and last Ford I’ll ever own.
D4068022-7C04-4D0E-AF48-BA873DD77B74.jpeg

Bx Tpr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350
Did you have the same noise that whalesalad posted above in his video, because that's what i need to fix. Also, what do you mean by the bottom fix? T
Yes it was the same noise and I had it on both sides of the car. The bottom part of the plastic panel that surrounds that small window needs the same treatment where it runs under the window. You’ll know exactly what I’m talking about when you get that panel reinstalled. If you tap it hard enough it will start hitting the metal and making that rattle sound.

Bx Tpr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350
It’s going to be contacting where the yellow line is drawn
3281A98D-A7C8-42A9-B802-0B5D1C612F12.jpeg

Reactions: GTP

Alex.Envy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I have the same issue. First time owning the car. How do I take the c pillar off? I’m scared right now I’m gonna break it if I keep prying on it. Thanks!

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s going to be contacting where the yellow line is drawn
3281A98D-A7C8-42A9-B802-0B5D1C612F12.jpeg
Thank you for your information! Is that fix still working, or did the sound come back? Also, what side and which way is this picture rotated, I was just confused about the angle of where the yellow line is drawn? Where the yellow line is drawn, did you take off the whole plastic underneath the small window? Did you just apply those pads alongside the bottom of the little window after taking off the interior piece, is it difficult to take off? I've taken off the c pillar multiple times, and not gotten anywhere, and I want to try this fix, but just want to do it right and make the noise go away.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I have the same issue. First time owning the car. How do I take the c pillar off? I’m scared right now I’m gonna break it if I keep prying on it. Thanks!
Assuming you've cleared any other bits of trim that may be keeping it in place (I don't recall what, if any that are) just yank the hell out of it. It'll make a loud bang and you'll think you've broken something but it will give.

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was actually the easiest car I've ever taken apart. The rear seat bottom has a push tab under each side, towards the middle of each seat bottom. Push those in and the whole seat bottom pops up and pulls out.

The trim panels all simply pull out. Just be careful not to break any of the tabs/mounts. First pull up the plastic piece running the length of the floor/door opening, then carefully pull out the large rear passenger side wall piece. In my case, I put foam everywhere. Particularly behind the plastic pieces surrounding the rear quarter window. You can just pull these out a bit and slip foam behind. I used something called camper foam tape from pep boys. Oh and a rolled up sock in the cavity to the rear of the quarter window. Noise is 99% gone after all that.

Good luck! :cheers:
Did this finally fix the noise? Was it the final solution? I have the same exact noise as you. After taking off the c pillar cover, I can tap on the quarter window upper trim piece and it makes the buzzing sound.
Like in this video:

I want to fix it once and for all, so I can move on:please:

Alex.Envy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
67pXC0d.jpg

Video's processing right now, but can you see anything wrong in this picture? ‍♂
Sponsored