19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
I follow the R market but BaT may give you a sense of the 350 market as you can see actual SOLD prices: https://bringatrailer.com/auctions/results/?search=gt350

Although there seems a strange phenomenon with BaT and the GT350..... In the few other models I follow (e46 M3, CJ-7, CTS-V Wagon) tend to generate top dollar bids on BaT. I feel that the 350 is not getting that same love from BaT bidders..... or I am simply biased because as I'm a soon to be owner and want values to stay strong!
I've noticed the very same thing and have brought it up in the past. I'm contributing to 'oil consumption issues' and the fact that these aren't quite as rare. No love yet...
Sponsored

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
I've noticed the very same thing and have brought it up in the past. I'm contributing to 'oil consumption issues' and the fact that these aren't quite as rare. No love yet...
Yep.... every comment string someone invariably brings up the "oil consumption issue" and off we go with examples of "mine never consumed by a drop" followed by "my buddy blew up 2 engines" and so on. I wonder if the fear of being "lit up" in the comment section may keep some sellers away from platform?

These cars are just too new in combination of the current state of affairs in this world (not trying to get political but I think everyone can agree sh*t is generally f'd up right now). Once we get some age on these automobiles and some distance from the pandemic then we will see where the market settles.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
I think by April of 2021 should be over
This is a great prediction, but only time will tell if enough people are willing to take one of the "95%" effective vaccines.

I am considering selling my 2018 GT350, as well. Since I am the seller in this case, I want the prices to stay high until mine is gone. :sunglasses:

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
2017 GT350 in grabber blue with 8k miles just sold on BaT for $42k, seems like a car that was very well bought.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
2017 GT350 in grabber blue with 8k miles just sold on BaT for $42k, seems like a car that was very well bought.
Debatable - 3 year old car with pretty low miles for a driver but not collector miles, for sure. Color is love it or hate it, IMO. It might be a hair low but not by much.
Of course, opinions are like belly buttons but I'd say right now is a really bad time to sell a car private party...even though the used values seem to be up - it seems that dealers are the only ones willing to pay that premium right now. New wave of covid, new President elected but has not taken office...turmoil as never seen before regarding that...just a funky time.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
ALL used American performance that are limited production or have some type of chops beyond base V8 (so 'Ray Z51 at least, GT350 at least, Scat Pack/392 at least, ZL1 at least, etc etc) is overpriced right now. Have you guys seen the big Mopars lately? Jesus H. 4 year old Scat Pack cars are asking low 30s and commanding sell prices right around 28 - 30K all day. Might as well find a left over 2020 that's discounted on the lot for $34K.

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I've been wanting to get into a GT350 for over a year but have continually watched the prices creep up.. hopefully the market corrects in the coming months, but I'm not holding my breath.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I follow the R market but BaT may give you a sense of the 350 market as you can see actual SOLD prices: https://bringatrailer.com/auctions/results/?search=gt350

Although there seems a strange phenomenon with BaT and the GT350..... In the few other models I follow (e46 M3, CJ-7, CTS-V Wagon) tend to generate top dollar bids on BaT. I feel that the 350 is not getting that same love from BaT bidders..... or I am simply biased because as I'm a soon to be owner and want values to stay strong!
You're not biased. I have sold on BaT and bid on several cars over the years (haven't yet won an auction there). I did not list my GT350R there ... with few exceptions, it's just not the right audience. Air-cooled Porsches, rare or interesting BMWs (M cars, sporty wagons, '02s), and Italian cars do exceptionally well. Recently, vintage muscle cars and trucks have been burning it up, too. But the only modern, current-production cars that fetch strong values on BaT are GT3 and GT4 Porsches. Modern American muscle cars, even very good ones, do not bring the bids. You can likely do better on autotrader with patience.

I did sell the GT350R in a private listing. I miss it already, but 7 cars was too much in downtown Chicago, and with a newborn, I wanted to simplify our lives some. I got about $5k less than I paid for my '17 after 4 years of ownership. I'm good with that. Sold the wife's TT also, so we are down to 5 cars ... might need to dig deep and let one more go in the spring. We are keeping the 993 and the E39 M5.

This is a great prediction, but only time will tell if enough people are willing to take one of the "95%" effective vaccines.
Supply will be the primary constraint; people's fear or distrust of vaccines will be secondary. It will take months to distribute doses to frontline health care workers and nursing home employees. It will be several months before the gen pop can line up. By then, we'll know how well it works in the real world and how bad the side effects are (early reports suggest the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines do pack a punch), so hopefully the fear will have abated. Even then, it will take several weeks for the spread to demonstrably reduce (because of the lag between infection and symptoms). If I were a betting man, I'd say Q3 of '21 before things begin to approach a more normal state. Note none of this is political, just logistics.

Sponsored

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
I did sell the GT350R in a private listing. I miss it already, but 7 cars was too much in downtown Chicago, and with a newborn, I wanted to simplify our lives some. .......
Lightfoot's new budget/$94 million tax hike isn't going to help either. In August we sold our home in the Avondale neighborhood and moved up to southern Wisconsin.... come on up here! after 6 months I have found living expenses are over significantly less up here and there is plenty of space to build big garages!

TX State

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
Bought my gray 2016 track pack last November for 43k with 2k miles. Sold it two weeks ago with 6k miles for 46.5k. Trade in not private sale price.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are rolling around the clear value.

I showed my actual MSRP sticker. I got a discount from that price, but there are a few fees including state taxes. I never finance anything.

My 2019 Ford Mustang GT350 was $60K in July, 2019.
2019GT350.jpg

I have the sticker, the paperwork, and the box of stuff from Ford (the crank on the stand is nice).

I ordered this car to keep and enjoy. I love the FPC 5.2L engine rated at 526 Hp at 8200 Rpm.

It's worth the price even with some depreciation. I heard that the new Nascar cars are directly made from this car.
mustang98d.jpg

QueenE.jpg

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase

I wouldn't trust those guys at BAT. My first and only experience trying to deal with them was for a car that i found was already sold a month earlier. It looks as if they shill bid it to drive the price up and got stuck with it and tried to sell it again. So, just because you see a "sold for" price on their site, it doesn't mean the car was really sold.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
.....So, just because you see a "sold for" price on their site, it doesn't mean the car was really sold.
So, what do you think your 2017 GT350 is worth?

I read C&D magazine and noted the much over-hyped new $87,000 2020 Corvette Z51 can barely get 490 Hp , and it got killed by the basic Porsche Cayman.

The GT350 can out-run either one of them for $30K less money. Just saying.
Sponsored