Sponsored

Radar Detector mounting locations / pics

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
ford safe and smart package? Don't know what this is.

Mine is GT premium, 2019. Power tap was a breeze.

Some people mount radar detectors below or bottom of the rear view mirror. I don't like this method because it invites thieves to break in -- no different than leaving a fat wallet left on the dash.

I was once stopped by a Virginia highway patrol on I-85. He didn't even noticed my detector because it's mounted up high, above the rear view mirror, on passenger side. Radar detector is illegal in VA.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The mirror doesn't look like it has the Safe and Smart Package.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
What's does it do for safe, does it drive for you,. keep you in your lane when you doze off?

What does it do, to be called smart?

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I use my Valentine 1 in a blendmount tucked right under the rear mirror. I have the Safe and Smart package so I couldn't put it higher by the headliner and the line of site is better under the mirror.

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Some people mount radar detectors below or bottom of the rear view mirror. I don't like this method because it invites thieves to break in -- no different than leaving a fat wallet left on the dash.
That was a concern of mine but ... you really can’t see it looking from the outside. It’s there if you really look hard but in general no you can’t see it.
I have my ez pass plasti dipped in black and the radar detector and the mount are black. Driving a black car with a black interior it all just blends in.
The blend mount is a quick release so the Radar detector easily removes if your parking the car in a area where you think it shouldn't be displayed. ( Like I'll remember removing it ...lol )

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The Ford Safe and Smart Package boasts exceptional driver-convenience features* including rain-sensing wipers, auto high-beam headlamps, a Lane-Keeping System that helps detect and alert you to vehicle drift, and adaptive cruise control augmented by forward collision warning with brake support.

What's does it do for safe, does it drive for you,. keep you in your lane when you doze off?

What does it do, to be called smart?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just installed the V1 on the new Bullitt. Mirror is identical to the departed 2018 F-150 Platinum, so piece of cake. The mirror wires are different though, but switched power ended up being on the 2 leftmost wires: green/yellow is '-', and brown/black is '+'. I like the V1 flush with the mirror, so I install it on the 1st 'click', and put a piece of hard rubber under the tab, so it doesn't move or vibrate at all. Functional (easily reached), and looks great too.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Considering so many manufacturers make these Radar Devices, not sure why it is 'illegal' to have in your car.
Or, is that only in some states?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Considering so many manufacturers make these Radar Devices, not sure why it is 'illegal' to have in your car.
Or, is that only in some states?
Virginia for sure and i think Connecticut but don't know about any other states.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
BTW I am considering a Uniden R7 and need advice from current RD owners where the ideal location would be, the options being -
  • Under the mirror using a blendmount type of bracket
  • between the rear-view mirror and head liner
  • clipped to the visor
  • On the dashboard or in the middle of the windshield with a concealed mute button somewhere on the steering column
What I am apprehensive about is if the visor/under mirror mount will be too close to my eyes/head. Looking at other examples in rdforum/google image search is not very helpful as the images seem to be from bigger cars/pickups where there is much more space than the mustang.

Mine is Under the mirror using a blendmount type of bracket with mirror tap, and the best way to go.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Between mirror and headliner is the cleanest mounting IMO and keeps it out of sight.
Sponsored