Sponsored

Race Ramp FlatStoppers - Do they work?

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hello all - looking for options to help with winter storage, and have been recommended race ramps to prevent flat spots. Reviews seem to be mixed on the internet, and they are pricey. Has anyone actually used them, and if so, how did they perform? I am looking primarily at the FlatStoppers at the moment, not the ramps or cribs.
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Are you experiencing flat spots? Not sure I've ever seen a flat spot on a car that's moved in the last 5 years

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
My car has sat for the last 2 years during the winter months in my garage. (6 month stretch) It doesn't move and I have had no problem with flats spots. I inflate the tires to around 40 psi and leave it.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
never had an issue with flat spots on any of the cars ive owned. i usually store the cars from november to april or when ever the weather turns. i just put a little extra pressure in the tires to keep them above the recommended psi for the duration of time in storage.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Deadly0ne

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I was trying to be proactive from the recommendation of others, but if it's not an issue, I'll save the money! Thanks everyone!

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I use them in spring/fall weather as I live VERY close to the highway and those summer PS4's don't like doing 70+MPH 2 minutes, 1 mile after pulling out of my driveway. Don't use them on any other car and I can REALLY tell the tires are flat as soon as I hit the highway, spring/fall anyways. Of course it goes away after a few minutes. Note I live in Northern NY, so plenty of cold weather for 3-4 months and I run dedicated winters on all my cars. I even purchased performance winter tires for the GT to extend driving season as long as no SALT put down yet. YMMV.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Never an issue inflating to ~40 PSI on modern tires.

Now, bias plies on the other hand will shake your teeth out in the spring at first....

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Never an issue inflating to ~40 PSI on modern tires.

Now, bias plies on the other hand will shake your teeth out in the spring at first....
I was going to say, if I leave my 4Runner with K02's for more than a couple of days I get flat spots and it takes a couple of days to work them all the way out.

With low profile, stiff wall tires, it's much less of a concern and issue. I just don't know why people don't put the car on stands. It takes less than 5 minutes to have the car off the ground on stands (all 4 corners) and even less to get it back on the ground.

I find the logic a bit curious.....so you're saying you're not going to move the car for a very long time but you also don't like the hassle of putting the car on/off jackstands cause then you can't move it very quickly or easily? Wait, didn't you just say you're not going to move it?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Apparently it's not good to use jack stands either. Something about it being bad for the suspension. I also don't want my car up on stands in case of emergency. I may need to get my car out of the garage fast (just in case).

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I use em as my car is in a non heated garage over winter. Don’t know if I would have any issues but I got a great deal on a used set from eflay.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
My car is an outside car, no garage. So I bought them as the tires would be exposed to winter temps, sometimes down to the teens or lower. And one brutally cold, single digits winter, my truck tires developed temporary flat spots after sitting 2 days.
I used them this past winter, and also inflated the tires to about 40 psi. If your car sits outside in winter, it's a no brainer. Also helps keep the rain/snow/ice away from the tire and rims.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Xs 2 bias ply & flat spots, noticeable until they warm up.

Of course colder weather extends the time for them to go round.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
No flat spots after sitting in my garage over the winter in -30f temps.
I think the old biased ply tires would do that..

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144