Sponsored

R Spoiler on a GT350?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
The OEM GT350 wing is made in Canada by Multimatic. The OEM CFTP wing is made in China by Action Composites.

A sticker from an OEM CFTP wing...

cftp wing.png
Ah cool! Multimatic is in my old neck of the woods. I only know of them because of the Ford GT. Cool that they made the GT350R wing as well.

Never heard of Action Composites before.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Ah cool! Multimatic is in my old neck of the woods. I only know of them because of the Ford GT. Cool that they made the GT350R wing as well.

Never heard of Action Composites before.
Crazy thing is that Multimatic made the R wing and the GT4 wing which is what the CFTP wing is heavily based off of. Yet Multimatic did not win the bid to produce the OEM CFTP wing. The dogbones supplied to Ford for use on the R wing and the GT4 wing - I believe come from Multimatic as well. So Ford is in an interesting position supplying them with a wing made by a different manufacturer. Then again, that happens all the time I suppose.

Action Composites produces some very high quality hardware. I think many would have liked to see Multimatic to have gotten the contract over an offshore company but it would seem as though some can't handle any form of nationalism. So Ford saved by using a company that produces their product in a country the labor force is as exploited as it gets, to keep costs down. And then Ford demands a ridiculous premium on top of that.
https://www.action-composites.com/

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Crazy thing is that Multimatic made the R wing and the GT4 wing which is what the CFTP wing is heavily based off of. Yet Multimatic did not win the bid to produce the OEM CFTP wing. The dogbones supplied to Ford for use on the R wing and the GT4 wing - I believe come from Multimatic as well. So Ford is in an interesting position supplying them with a wing made by a different manufacturer. Then again, that happens all the time I suppose.

Action Composites produces some very high quality hardware. I think many would have liked to see Multimatic to have gotten the contract over an offshore company but it would seem as though some can't handle any form of nationalism. So Ford saved by using a company that produces their product in a country the labor force is as exploited as it gets, to keep costs down. And then Ford demands a ridiculous premium on top of that.
https://www.action-composites.com/
Yeah I just looked them up. Looks like an Austrian-based company that has sites in several countries including China. Looks like Thyssen-Krupp sold their carbon composites arm to them as well.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I just looked them up. Looks like an Austrian-based company that has sites in several countries including China. Looks like Thyssen-Krupp sold their carbon composites arm to them as well.
To add to it, Action Composites ships to California and everything goes through another party, Polytec FOHA, Inc. Note the supplier and buyer columns on the right.

Capturehuu.JPG

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
To add to it, Action Composites ships to California and everything goes through another party, Polytec FOHA, Inc. Note the supplier and buyer columns on the right.

Capturehuu.JPG
Wow they certainly do ship a lot of units it seems

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow they certainly do ship a lot of units it seems
Interesting you should say that. If you try to figure out the number of units by comparing the various weights shown, the numbers don't plug in when you choose to use them with other shipments - unless the packing weights vary and are kind of substantial for a wing that only weighs 10 lbs or so. But one thing is for sure, based on the dates shown it looks like there is a steady flow of them that get shipped every few days, just in time.

Last edited:

NoctisVia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
Doooooo iiiiittttttt! But do it right. Fill the holes and paint!

C4407028-3C8B-424C-9E27-52408E04D0F7.jpeg
Sorry if you answered it somewhere in this thread, but how did you fill the holes? I got a 350R style spoiler but still haven’t put it on because I can’t find any hood way to go about it.

OP
OP
Mr. Maboomba

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
Anyone seen the price on an OEM GT350R wing?
Yeah, it's about $10,000. Or you can get an Anderson Composites replica for about $180.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry if you answered it somewhere in this thread, but how did you fill the holes? I got a 350R style spoiler but still haven’t put it on because I can’t find any hood way to go about it.
Some use body plugs and then paint them, etc. Best way, obviously, is to weld the holes shut and paint/blend. Sad part is that it adds to the overall cost and usually isn't cheap. I've done it three times now with wings/spoilers on an '09 GT500, a '16 GT350, and now a '20 GT500. In each case, I had an extra decklid that I welded the unused holes closed, drilled new where necessary, and painted. I didn't blend, but used the gas fill cover for a paint shop to match to. Takes 1 pint to do a typical Mustang decklid along with however much primer and clear you and your body shop agree to. Again, not cheap but the end product is so much nicer than a plug, etc.

Yeah, it's about $10,000. Or you can get an Anderson Composites replica for about $180.
Gonna be a bit more than that from AC.
https://andersoncomposites.com/collections/all/products/2015-2018-shelby-gt350r-type-oe-rear-spoiler

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I took my trunk lid off and took it to my favorite body guy. He welded the extra holes closed and reshot the whole lid. I brought it home and relaid new stripes myself. The ONLY was to do this job.

FlipC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip (Flip)
Vehicle(s)
65-GT350,66-GT350,67-GT350, 2020-GT350R Heritage
Vehicle Showcase
I painted mine. Why have a carbon fiber part that you paint Black? Makes no sense to me. Kinda like wiping before you poop!

20 65 New wheels.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Some use body plugs and then paint them, etc. Best way, obviously, is to weld the holes shut and paint/blend. Sad part is that it adds to the overall cost and usually isn't cheap. I've done it three times now with wings/spoilers on an '09 GT500, a '16 GT350, and now a '20 GT500. In each case, I had an extra decklid that I welded the unused holes closed, drilled new where necessary, and painted. I didn't blend, but used the gas fill cover for a paint shop to match to. Takes 1 pint to do a typical Mustang decklid along with however much primer and clear you and your body shop agree to. Again, not cheap but the end product is so much nicer than a plug, etc.

Gonna be a bit more than that from AC.
https://andersoncomposites.com/collections/all/products/2015-2018-shelby-gt350r-type-oe-rear-spoiler
But isn't the AC wing a Chinese knockoff?
Sponsored