The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
I was looking at the Ford Performance intake kit. Supposed to boost low end torque. Are you in disagreement with that Tree frog?
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
As a summer toy you won't miss any options. Leather quality is poor. Can get red seats any time. Magneride is poor VS GM and others.
As someone who owned a Lexus before my GT premium (and has sat in many other luxury vehicles), I'm not quite sure what makes you say that. I think for the price, the leather is fantastic. I'd say it's better feeling than BMW leather, even.

I can't comment on the magneride, but I've heard great things about it in the Mach 1 non-HP.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How?! Performance is comparable to PP2 car at much higher cost with trans that is less reliable
Um wut. Less reliable trans? By all accounts I've ever heard, the Tremec is WAY more reliable than the Getrag... That trans is half the reason to get a Mach 1 over a GT w/ manual. And when you add all the options that are standard in the Mach 1 to a GT, the price difference becomes minimal, then there's the small handful of unavailable-to-the-GT, go-fast bits the Mach 1 comes with standard... Mach 1 is still a bit more than it would cost in an ideal world IMO, but the price is very justifiable.

Also, the GT350 performance is "comparable" to the GT PP2, also, and even more expensive. Not to mention a far less reliable drivetrain.

Last edited:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks and feels premium when new, but seat bottom stretches and deforms after just a few hours.

It's just the seat face that's leather with backs, sides, front and rear seats are synthetic.

I do love the red though!

Sometimes the price is not justified if looks worn out after a few hours of use.

Pretty much all mass market OEM leather is cheap.....MBtex is still my favorite, and premium aftermarket leather.

I went for cloth for the vert to avoid seat burn!

Everyone has different priorities....I'd rather spend money on sound, premium custom leather, wheels, comfort dampers while others rather get a SC and CF hood....love it all.
The bottom did stretch a bit in my experience, but not very significantly even after 33K miles, and real leather shows wear quite noticeably after any significant usage as well. I am/was quite happy with the 'Stang leather for the price. Wouldn't mind other interior surfaces stepping up just a notch, though.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
As a summer toy you won't miss any options. Leather quality is poor. Can get red seats any time. Magneride is poor VS GM and others.
I’ve owned a GM with MagnaRide and I’ve got it on my Bullitt.
It’s just as good in the Mustang as it was on my Cadillac.
Hanavarian has no idea what he’s talking about.

Sponsored

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Magneride main feature is not a smooth ride. But a positive, performance, glued to the road, corners like riding a rail ride, kind of feel.
The average driver is not able to evaluate many aspects of handling, performance, etc. Engineering tests are the proof of how sub-systems perform.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Between gt350, bullitt and ss/1le all equipped with magneride and driven within minutes of each other the ford tuning was lacking. If you get a mr car you absolutely need to fix all the chassis problems and it will work much better

I suspect ford did all their tuning on a prototype chassis that had good bushings everywhere and then didn't go back to check their results after they eviscerated the chassis with all that shit rubber.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I think it's really lb / sq in...I've just never seen bottom seat leather deform so fast ...it is very thin and supple while durable ones are stiff.....give me MBtex or other perforated synthetic all day long.

I had a 800 mile GT PP1 red leather for a day and bottom was stretched but at 6'2' 220 lb lean body my pointy backside was probably too much haha
The stiffness is actually exactly what I don't like about some of them (like the BMW example I gave). It makes them feel fake, cheap, and plastic-y... Not to mention just not being that comfortable.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
My impressions - had a '15 V6, and it was great. base model.
Tested an ecoboost - it was more willing than the V6 and was fun in that you can floor it,
Also tested a GT with PP, and AE, base model.
Its got more power than I can really use .. ie flooring it will get you sideways. Love the AE, sound is great and you can pick your volume,
PP gets you so many great features, its a must ... I wouldnt have ordered it ... but since the car was on the lot I got it ... and in hindsight realize it was a great option kit to have.

You could go ecoboost and load it up, or a GT with PP, and maybe AE, at similar costs.

I'm adding katskinz leather when the weather warms up. Not impressed with the Synch 3 over the base .... esp having to goto a premium to get it.

Buying the base model with PP got me into a well equipped GT affordably. That was the best 'option'.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Got my VIN and build date of May 2nd 2022. Exciting. They expect delivery late May early June.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Hey everyone. So driving season has started and the itch is strong. My build has been delayed 3 times now and this latest one makes it 4 times. I'll be lucky to see the car in June. That said I have a question for you all. I ordered and fully loaded 2022 Mustang GT auto with Mageneride and active exhaust Premium Red interior ( which the dealer ordered wrong and I'm hoping they can fix ) etc... There is a Red 2021 Mach 1 auto base black interior with HP on a lot. It'd be a stretch but I might be able to swing it. What do I do? Cancel and get the Mach or hold out and get the GT I custom ordered. I really liked the cooled red seats to break up the sea of black. That said it's a Mach 1.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Hey everyone. So driving season has started and the itch is strong. My build has been delayed 3 times now and this latest one makes it 4 times. I'll be lucky to see the car in June. That said I have a question for you all. I ordered and fully loaded 2022 Mustang GT auto with Mageneride and active exhaust Premium Red interior ( which the dealer ordered wrong and I'm hoping they can fix ) etc... There is a Red 2021 Mach 1 auto base black interior with HP on a lot. It'd be a stretch but I might be able to swing it. What do I do? Cancel and get the Mach or hold out and get the GT I custom ordered. I really liked the cooled red seats to break up the sea of black. That said it's a Mach 1.
After four delays my patience would be worn down to bare metal. I'd buy the Mach 1, peel out of the dealership parking lot and never look back

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
I think they are cloth which should be ok.

MOLL420

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moll
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Base Mach 1 all day!! especially if you plan on tracking or tuning at some point no doubt.
Sponsored