Sponsored

Project Autumn | ProCharged 3.7

davejonnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
So what is the immediate issue with the driveshaft? From what I understand, it is the same as in the GT's. If that is that case, then isnt it rated for such power and speed?
They are probably just saying that because the old v6 had a crappy driveshaft.... now they just think the new one has the same problem. The v6 has the same drive shaft as the GT for 2015; speed limiter is probably there because of the base tire rating of 130mph. I switched my tires and no longer have the limiter, I did 150mph last week without any issues...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nick

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Stock is on top. I'd prefer to not have that weak joint in the middle.

davejonnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
What's the point of a 2 piece driveshaft anyways? Better ride quality? Cost (wouldn't it cost more since it has more parts if that is the case)?

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
What's the point of a 2 piece driveshaft anyways? Better ride quality? Cost (wouldn't it cost more since it has more parts if that is the case)?
[ame]

Now if kept in the same alignment not a difference. Two piece might allow for easier assembly as well as serviceability. It can also allow for more travel in the suspension depending on the types of joints. Another reason might be ease of balancing? I'm not completely sure either, but I do find that weird from a simplicity in design and manufacturing standpoint.

-Adam

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
Stock is on top. I'd prefer to not have that weak joint in the middle.

Not arguing that the two-piece DS is better, just saying that it should be more reliable than people make it out to be (for 2015+). I completely agree though on upgrading to a one-piece. Plus you will have less rotational mass! Definitely on my build list after I finish my installation!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nick

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Uh oh.....Looks like I'm partnering with another top performance company to develop some racecar stuff for the S550 V6!!! Details later, because I don't have all of them yet, lol. :p I just needed to vent my excitement.

Steelhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erek
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT Coupe
Great work on the car! We def need people pioneering this kinda work for the V6...it doesn't need to get left behind!

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
Uh oh.....Looks like I'm partnering with another top performance company to develop some racecar stuff for the S550 V6!!! Details later, because I don't have all of them yet, lol. :p I just needed to vent my excitement.
Did I see something on your instagram about having 750 horsepower?