Sponsored

2018 Royal Crimson F1A94 Procharged, TH400 Drag Project

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
It's been a year living in Alaska now. We love it, but I do miss the mustang. We live right near the only nhra 1/4 mile drag strip in the state.

We've been building up a jeep to go adventuring when we're not on the sxs.

PXL_20230513_195810150.jpg
PXL_20230514_232109540.jpg
PXL_20230514_233014411.jpg
I miss you bro. LOL
Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
You are the wind beneath my wings. Excited to see some updates from your hot rod this year
Haha wow. I'll have to get caught up on the jeep build. Makes my Tacoma look like it needs some mods!

Rjavian1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rā€™javian
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Hey how you doing I was so do you have any more info on they reverse camera with a th400 swap on a mt82 car

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Hey how you doing I was so do you have any more info on they reverse camera with a th400 swap on a mt82 car
It's very easy on an mt82. The factory wiring is already in place going to the trans. Find the pin out, grab the two wires and connect them to a switch on your shifter.

Iron Indian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT (#PonyWarsMustang)
It's very easy on an mt82. The factory wiring is already in place going to the trans. Find the pin out, grab the two wires and connect them to a switch on your shifter.
@turnswrench. Hello, I have a 2019 car, I did the Pin 6 and Pin 88 as seen on page 93. Yes the camera comes on, reverse lights come on, and parking sensors come onā€¦. However when I deactivate it everything goes off BUT parking sensors and they remain on until I restart the car making the radio pretty much I cannot find any info on how to fix this issue.

To add on my car, pin 6 was populated by a blue wire. I left its function and simply tapped into it. Wondering if I should do something different.

thanks

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Have you tried grabbing the park brake for a quick sec after getting out of reverse?

buddy of mine and me figured this out with his 5.0 carā€¦camera would not revert back to normal after backing up, until a quick park-brake-grab šŸ˜‰

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Have you tried grabbing the park brake for a quick sec after getting out of reverse?

buddy of mine and me figured this out with his 5.0 carā€¦camera would not revert back to normal after backing up, until a quick park-brake-grab šŸ˜‰
That's interesting. Nice find!!

Iron Indian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT (#PonyWarsMustang)

Doesnā€™t work for me unfortunately.

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Doesnā€™t work for me unfortunately.
It sounds like something is keeping it active or it needs a change in voltage to deactivate. I'd suggest finding some schematics and see if you can learn more.

Rjavian1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rā€™javian
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I'm not on here much lately, but I have no problem sharing any info on the TH400 swap. When I did it 3-yrs ago, there was even less info available lol. Regarding the reverse lights and backup camera with a TH400:

My car was a MT82 car so I already had the manual gauge cluster, PCM, and wiring harness. On my buddy's auto 6R80 car, he swapped over to the manual gauge cluster, PCM, and wiring harness also. I simply used the wiring and plug that connects to the MT82 for reverse; when you complete this circuit the reverse lights and camera will come on. I accomplished this by adding an optional "reverse switch" to my Hurst shifter (I didnt need to de-pin the PCM).

Let me know if you have any other questions (converter selection, shimming the converter, trans coolers, temps, etc) and I'll provide my firsthand experience.
With the mt82 what wires you used for the reverse light and cameraā€¦ thanks
Sponsored