Sponsored

Project Autumn | ProCharged 3.7

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thanks everyone! Trying to get some ideas for some videos after I get back from Mustang Week next week. What types of videos would you like to see?
Videos need to have heavy use of the loud peddle and show off your blower whine!
Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone

Sponsored

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
Just the one on my IG page, I still owe someone an exhaust note video, was that you?
It was me bro I had asked for the video of the exhaust.

OP
OP
Nick

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Loving this build! Any plans to increase boost levels? What limitations did you face at this PSI/Power level?
8psi is pretty much what ProCharger is comfortable saying is "safe" on stock internals and pump gas. They don't remove the speed limiter but they did say if I get with a local tuner that will remove the speed limiter I can go up to 12psi on stock internals but will have to switch to an E85 tune. I'm debating that route. E85 is easily accessible where I live but I like to take long road trips through the Tennessee mountains and it can be more difficult to find it then.

I also know of at least 1 other ProCharged V6 that has had to replace his stock clutch/flywheel and I got some pretty heavy recommendations from a couple other vendors to replace the driveshaft as well. I haven't heard anyone recommend replacing the half shafts.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
8psi is pretty much what ProCharger is comfortable saying is "safe" on stock internals and pump gas. They don't remove the speed limiter but they did say if I get with a local tuner that will remove the speed limiter I can go up to 12psi on stock internals but will have to switch to an E85 tune. I'm debating that route. E85 is easily accessible where I live but I like to take long road trips through the Tennessee mountains and it can be more difficult to find it then.

I also know of at least 1 other ProCharged V6 that has had to replace his stock clutch/flywheel and I got some pretty heavy recommendations from a couple other vendors to replace the driveshaft as well. I haven't heard anyone recommend replacing the half shafts.
Hmm was it due to vibration issues or general strength? Good to know that they have fairly clear data on safe points. I had this in mind from quite a while ago for where this could take you:

[ame]

Anyway, looking forward to progress!

-Adam

OP
OP
Nick

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

Sponsored

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
I'm officially getting mine procharged August and can't wait but now I'm wondering if I should replace the drive shaft.

OP
OP
Nick

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'm officially getting mine procharged August and can't wait but now I'm wondering if I should replace the drive shaft.
It was recommended by more than one vendor but if you aren't launching hard or road racing I would think it will be ok for a while.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
It was recommended by more than one vendor but if you aren't launching hard or road racing I would think it will be ok for a while.
So what is the immediate issue with the driveshaft? From what I understand, it is the same as in the GT's. If that is that case, then isnt it rated for such power and speed?

OP
OP
Nick

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
So what is the immediate issue with the driveshaft? From what I understand, it is the same as in the GT's. If that is that case, then isnt it rated for such power and speed?
Just that it's a two piece driveshaft vs. a one piece and more prone to failure. A lot of the GT's guys are replacing theirs too.
Sponsored