2016 Triple Yellow Mustang Build "Autumn"

knightvision

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alvin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT "Triple Yellow"
This is my first time doing something along the lines of keeping a journal of my Mustang build. This is NOT my first mustang by any means as I've started off a long time ago my, "Mustang Passion". I'm hoping to get some positive feedback as well as meet some other fellow mustang enthusiasts. Enough with the fluff time to talk about her the best I can... WITH PHOTOS!!!!

Here she is in all her glory the day I bought her; Tuesday October 27th...

This was the first time I ever placed an order for a brand new car from the dealership. I waited for what felt like forever before she was finally delivered. I tracked her as much as I could from the blend date, to the shipping date, to the time she was on the train, and then finally got the she should be at the dealership sometime in the next few days...

Here are some deets about her:

2016 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Triple Yellow

-Manual

-Performance Package
• Strut-tower Brace
• Larger Radiator
• Unique Chassis Tuning
• Upsized Rear Sway Bar
• Heavy-Duty Front Springs
• K-Brace
• Brembo™ 6-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors
• 19 X 9-inch (F) 19” X9.5” (R)Ebony Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels (Summer Tires Only)
• Unique Stability Control, EPAS & ABS Tuning
• 3.73 TORSEN® Rear Axle
• Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)
• Spoiler Delete

-400A
• SYNC® 3
• 9 speaker Sound System with Amplifier
• Ambient Lighting
• Dual-zone Electronic Temperature Control (DEATC)

-Enhanced Security Package
• Active Anti-Theft System
• Electronic-locking Center Console
• Electronic Steering Column Lock*
• Wheel Locking Kit

- Premier Trim with Color Accent Group
• "Yellow Jacket" Accent Group
• Recaro Seats

So far I have installed the following on the car:
-Anchor Room Corner Headlight, Mirror Marker light, 3rd Brake, Reverse light and Rear Marker Light Tint
-Gloss Black 5.0 Emblems
-Redline Tuning Quick-Lift Hood Struts
-5% Window Tint
-GT350 Steering Wheel
-Vinyl Black Wrapped Roof
-Airlift Performance 3H System
-Ford Racing Decklid (No Emblem)
-Diode Dynamics Switchbacks and Front White Leds

FUTURE INSTALLS
- Bob's Autosports Catch Can
- Roush Winglets
- Stop The Hop Kit
- Forgestar CF10's

I have a lot more planned for her in the future like wheels, some type of 9 spoke similar to Rohana RC7's in 20" all the way around, Steeda "stop-the-hop" kit(very near future), and eventually some type of forced induction "roots" style like VMP. :ford:

Enjoy right now while I try to find more photos!!! :cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
knightvision

knightvision

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alvin
Vehicle(s)
Here's some more current photos:

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Bout time you made a build thread! :headbang:

OP
OP
knightvision

knightvision

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alvin
Vehicle(s)
Just put in an order for the Clutch Spring and the "Stop the Hop" kit from Steeda. I'm in the process of trying to find a powder coating that matches the yellow. I got 5 swatches coming and trying to find more that will ship out free samples. Once I get the Stop The Hop kit I'll have the AirLift tank, calibers, the braces from the stop the hop kit and this g-trac brace that has been sitting in my room forever.
Then the fun part.... Installation.

I've also priced wheels and I'm pretty certain I'm going with the Forgestar CF10s 20x9 on a 265 and 20x11 deep concave with a 315 on the rear. Nitto 555 for the front and Nitto NT05R for the rear. I'm debating whether I want the Piano black or Black textured finish. I'm leaning towards the piano black for the simple fact I could always recoat and at the same time I'm not sure how "textured" the texture is on them textures black ones.

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Just put in an order for the Clutch Spring and the "Stop the Hop" kit from Steeda. I'm in the process of trying to find a powder coating that matches the yellow. I got 5 swatches coming and trying to find more that will ship out free samples. Once I get the Stop The Hop kit I'll have the AirLift tank, calibers, the braces from the stop the hop kit and this g-trac brace that has been sitting in my room forever.
Then the fun part.... Installation.

I've also priced wheels and I'm pretty certain I'm going with the Forgestar CF10s 20x9 on a 265 and 20x11 deep concave with a 315 on the rear. Nitto 555 for the front and Nitto NT05R for the rear. I'm debating whether I want the Piano black or Black textured finish. I'm leaning towards the piano black for the simple fact I could always recoat and at the same time I'm not sure how "textured" the texture is on them textures black ones.
Great news, can't wait! Love the Recaros with the yellow stitching! :cheers:

OP
OP
knightvision

knightvision

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alvin
Vehicle(s)
Well, got the clutch spring in over this past weekend. Super easy and literally installed it with just my hands.

Top with the new Steeda Clutch Spring and the bottom is the HUGE original.

Installed and ready to go. Unfortunately, she only comes out in nice weather so it'll be a little longer before I can test it out.

A quick glimpse at the parts I'm gathering getting ready to install. Steeda G-Trac Brace, Stop the Hop kit, Bob's Oil Catch Can(Not Pictured), and Roush Winglets(Also Not Pictured)

I got a set of grills, upper and lower, I purchased from Levittown Ford on its way. I also have the SWAT mesh metal grill coming from Custom Car Grills. I'm going to be making my own custom grill with [MENTION=18483]CompO5.sl0w[/MENTION].

Once I get the grill mesh cut I'll be sending a bunch of the parts to be powdercoated including my brembo calibers and rear calibers.

I got SOOOO much to get installed and ready for the beginning of the season. It's going to be lots of frustration, busted knuckles, and fun... On a side note, anyone else going to Ocean City Cruise In in May?

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Well, got the clutch spring in over this past weekend. Super easy and literally installed it with just my hands.

Top with the new Steeda Clutch Spring and the bottom is the HUGE original.

Installed and ready to go. Unfortunately, she only comes out in nice weather so it'll be a little longer before I can test it out.

A quick glimpse at the parts I'm gathering getting ready to install. Steeda G-Trac Brace, Stop the Hop kit, Bob's Oil Catch Can(Not Pictured), and Roush Winglets(Also Not Pictured)

I got a set of grills, upper and lower, I purchased from Levittown Ford on its way. I also have the SWAT mesh metal grill coming from Custom Car Grills. I'm going to be making my own custom grill with @CompO5.sl0w.

Once I get the grill mesh cut I'll be sending a bunch of the parts to be powdercoated including my brembo calibers and rear calibers.

I got SOOOO much to get installed and ready for the beginning of the season. It's going to be lots of frustration, busted knuckles, and fun... On a side note, anyone else going to Ocean City Cruise In in May?

OP
OP
knightvision

knightvision

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alvin
Vehicle(s)
Well got the last bits of goodies today in the mail today.

I got the upper and lower grill... thanks to Benny [MENTION=9199]LevittownFordSuperCenter[/MENTION]

Then went and got the Super Wide And Thick material from Custom Car Grills.

I'm going to use the photos and information from [MENTION=11533]Project Whitemare[/MENTION] to get these to hopefully look as good as his. Me and [MENTION=18483]CompO5.sl0w[/MENTION] will hopefully be attempting to create ours this weekend!!!

Sponsored

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Buy about 4 packs of reinforced dremel cutting wheels for the top and bottom grills.

I'll be here to help you guys out.

Feel free to get my number from Trevor.

OP
OP
knightvision

knightvision

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alvin
Vehicle(s)
Buy about 4 packs of reinforced dremel cutting wheels for the top and bottom grills.

I'll be here to help you guys out.

Feel free to get my number from Trevor.
Thanks man and will do!

OP
OP
knightvision

knightvision

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alvin
Vehicle(s)
Well got the grill mesh dropped off to the powdercoater. I'm still in the process of finding a good yellow powder coat to match the Triple Yellow. I think I found it but I got a couple more sample colors coming to try and match them up.
They are calling for some really nice weather next week, 60s, so I'm going to be installing some of the stuff I have and will be posting the progress.

LAK3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Corvette
Let's see some more pics! Also, who are you using for the powdercoating? I'm hoping to have my Triple Yellow S550 soon....and ironically enough it will be an exact copy of yours.

OP
OP
knightvision

knightvision

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alvin
Vehicle(s)
Let's see some more pics! Also, who are you using for the powdercoating? I'm hoping to have my Triple Yellow S550 soon....and ironically enough it will be an exact copy of yours.

It's been in the garage all winter so I really don't have any more good photos of her. I got a lot of work to put in before May so expect to see lots of updates over the course of the next two months.
I'm trying to find a powder that matches Triple Yellow the best, which is a pain in itself. I'm currently going through Prismatic Powders, http://prismaticpowders.com/, to try and find the right color powder. Then I have a local shop that will powder coat my parts.
Haha... Thanks bro can't wait to see yours!!! :cheers:
Sponsored