Sponsored

Procharger Intake Manifold Shootout!!

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
I have one in a box as well, but it got damaged in shipping, rear IMRC valve top hat snapped off and PCV hookup on the front also snapped off. Looked like UPS played rugby with it.
Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Well there goes tonight. I broke a intake bolt off in the head. :( have to take it all back off. Grrr. Calling it a night. Will hit it again tomorrow.
LOL I did it twice, those bolts are the weakest ever!!! Used a left handed drill bit and it backed it out without any need to actually drill into the bolt...

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
LOL I did it twice, those bolts are the weakest ever!!! Used a left handed drill bit and it backed it out without any need to actually drill into the bolt...

noted. i will try this. and yes im going to grab better hardware at lunch as well. complete bullshit thats for sure.

also MIGHT have a GT350 lined up!!! :)

anyone with a BOSS 302?

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
noted. i will try this. and yes im going to grab better hardware at lunch as well. complete bullshit thats for sure.

also MIGHT have a GT350 lined up!!! :)

anyone with a BOSS 302?
Yep hardware is a POS....

Damn if you were closer I would peel my Boss off and send it :doh:

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I'd loan you my boss as well if you were closer. It is my understanding that they love the boost.

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd loan you my boss as well if you were closer. It is my understanding that they love the boost.
well if anyone has one off the car, i can email you a shipping lable for overnight shipping. then i can turn around and ship it back overnight if that helps any. :cheers:

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Im surprised some of the vendors dont get in on this...definately would promote sales if a piece is determined the best route to go. Looks like a very good independant test to me.

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im surprised some of the vendors dont get in on this...definately would promote sales if a piece is determined the best route to go. Looks like a very good independant test to me.

definitely don't have a dog in this fight. yes i work for diablo that is owned by holley but not like i get any kind of kick back on intakes. lol whole other division. i just want to know for research purposes what intakes do what. i have my car sitting here and a pile of intakes and just said "to hell with it, lets have some fun"

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
definitely don't have a dog in this fight. yes i work for diablo that is owned by holley but not like i get any kind of kick back on intakes. lol whole other division. i just want to know for research purposes what intakes do what. i have my car sitting here and a pile of intakes and just said "to hell with it, lets have some fun"
That is awesome, thanks for doing this! I'm in the market for a new intake for my Paxton was dead set on the 350, then Boss & then the Sniper came out lol. I've seen so many mixed reviews from them all losing this or that I was like f it but I will be watching this to make my final pick. I'm really interested in the older intakes for the money but wouldn't it be the same results using the lock outs that MMR offers for even less money or is there another difference in them?

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is awesome, thanks for doing this! I'm in the market for a new intake for my Paxton was dead set on the 350, then Boss & then the Sniper came out lol. I've seen so many mixed reviews from them all losing this or that I was like f it but I will be watching this to make my final pick. I'm really interested in the older intakes for the money but wouldn't it be the same results using the lock outs that MMR offers for even less money or is there another difference in them?

this it true but in my opinion the overall look of the 11-14 is better as it gets rid of all that stuff in the back. yes the mmr gets rid of some but i think it just looks better and it DOES make a tiny bit more tq than the 15+

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Isnt there an argument to be made that without proper tuning on each intake you cant really make a fair judgement?

Take it to an extreme (and simple) example...

Your tune VCT settings allow a maximum of say 1000cfm through the cylinder
The 11-14 manifold flows a maximum of 1100 cfm
The 15+ manifold flows a maximum of 1300cfm

If you run either manifold on that tune, they will perform identical, the motor cannot flow the airflow potential of either.

However, if you tuned the VCT so that there is more duration and now the motor flows 1250 CFM, you would see a MARKED difference between the two manifolds, with the 15+ crushing the power output of the 11-14 manifold.

Thoughts?
Sponsored