Sponsored

ProCharger Installed (Pics) - Some Questions

Beerdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GTPP
Yes...it will show positive numbers on the digital display.
Mine doesn't. It goes to zero and stays.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How is the fitment & quality? Is it lighter than the OEM?
Quality is top notch, fitment is good but took a while (but this normal for most hoods I believe).

As for weight, its fiberglass but I would say it weighs more then the OEM hood.

My only real gripes is the mounting for sprayer nozzles was not that good, took a whole to get them in and sitting flush.

Sponsored

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
hey buddy. as i mentioned i'll get the surging sorted out. some do it some don't. it seems to be more prevalent with the HO kits. also the car was only "tuned" up to 6k ish. and you are on your second revision. NOW you can go up to 7200 or so (that's at least another 50 wheel hp) send me a log of a 2k to 7k ish 3rd gear pull and i can lean on it a bit harder :):headbang:

and get with prochrager for the inlet. :)
then lets get this thing on a dyno and check the numbers :)

OP
OP

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
hey buddy. as i mentioned i'll get the surging sorted out. some do it some don't. it seems to be more prevalent with the HO kits. also the car was only "tuned" up to 6k ish. and you are on your second revision. NOW you can go up to 7200 or so (that's at least another 50 wheel hp) send me a log of a 2k to 7k ish 3rd gear pull and i can lean on it a bit harder :):headbang:

and get with prochrager for the inlet. :)
then lets get this thing on a dyno and check the numbers :)
Thanks man!!! I appreciate everything you have done.

Will have the Datalog over to you as soon as I can.

Also ProCharger is shipping out the new elbow tomorrow.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Keep in mind you have one of the first kits sent out by Procharger ..I know the guy you got the kit from ... You have a 4 inch pulley ... Later kits like my HO kit came with a stock 3.70 pulley .. So you will be down on power with a 4.0 pulley ...With a 3.70 pulley power will come on faster ..The surge problem can be tuned out .. I have dropped down to a 3.50 pulley on mine and added ID1000 injectors and a BAP .. I had Sai Li retune it ... 604 HP/561 TQ and that is with a auto trans that makes less HP on the dyno than a M6 would ..If it were me I would call Sai and have him put it on the dyno and tune it .. My car makes so much TQ down low I can't hook the car in the first 3 gears ..Even with Drag radials at the track I have problems hooking the car in first gear and shifting into second sometimes ends up sideways ..

Last edited:

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Keep in mine you have one of the first kits sent out by Procharger ..I know the guy you got the kit from ... You have a 4 inch pulley ... Later kits like my HO kit came with a stock 3.70 pulley .. So you will be down on power with a 4.0 pulley ...With a 3.70 pulley power will come on faster ..The surge problem can be tuned out .. I have dropped down to a 3.50 pulley on mine and added ID1000 injectors and a BAP .. I had Sai Li retune it ... 604 HP/561 TQ and that is with a auto trans that makes less HP on the dyno than a M6 would ..If it were me I would call Sai and have him put it on the dyno and tune it .. My car makes so much TQ down low I can't hook the car in the first 3 gears ..Even with Drag radials at the track I have problems hooking the car in first gear and shifting into second sometimes ends up sideways ..
How much boost are you running?

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
How much boost are you running?
I was at 8 to 8 1/2 with the 3.70 pulley ...With the 3.50 I have no clue because the factory boost gauge took a crap ... It only goes to 3 PSI now .. I'm going to install a aftermarket gauge soon .. My guess it's 10 to 11 psi right now ..

Sponsored

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
I was at 8 to 8 1/2 with the 3.70 pulley ...With the 3.50 I have no clue because the factory boost gauge took a crap ... It only goes to 3 PSI now .. I'm going to install a aftermarket gauge soon .. My guess it's 10 to 11 psi right now ..
What rpm with the auto?

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
What rpm with the auto?
7k shifts , I wanted it higher but the engine flat lines at 7k .. The power doesn't drop off at 7k but just stays at the same HP till 7500 ... Tuner said I was running out of fuel after 7k ..

OP
OP

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Keep in mind you have one of the first kits sent out by Procharger ..I know the guy you got the kit from ... You have a 4 inch pulley ... Later kits like my HO kit came with a stock 3.70 pulley .. So you will be down on power with a 4.0 pulley ...With a 3.70 pulley power will come on faster ..The surge problem can be tuned out .. I have dropped down to a 3.50 pulley on mine and added ID1000 injectors and a BAP .. I had Sai Li retune it ... 604 HP/561 TQ and that is with a auto trans that makes less HP on the dyno than a M6 would ..If it were me I would call Sai and have him put it on the dyno and tune it .. My car makes so much TQ down low I can't hook the car in the first 3 gears ..Even with Drag radials at the track I have problems hooking the car in first gear and shifting into second sometimes ends up sideways ..
Thank you for that information. I believe Jason is giving me the 3.70 pulley next week so I may go ahead and throw that one on there.

Also he is giving me the Boost Pump, so I may order the ID1000's and install both of these also.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Thank you for that information. I believe Jason is giving me the 3.70 pulley next week so I may go ahead and throw that one on there.

Also he is giving me the Boost Pump, so I may order the ID1000's and install both of these also.
let me know if you go that route. one i have to tune it, two i can hook you up on a deal with the ids:cheers:

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).

With the 3.7" i was at 8.9psi at 7250. I am running the 3.6" now and am at 9.7psi. Also long tubes and stage 2 IC.
Sponsored